The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Jamie Lindsay signed a new deal with Celtic last January whilst on loan at us, not sure the length of the deal mind you.

That's a bit of a blow. I thought he was out of contract at the end of this season. I guess the only chance we'll have of keeping him is getting promoted :rolleyes:

If Lindsay signed a year past in January then it could have been an 18 month contract which would mean he is out of contract this Summer.

Also, any news on Pepper? Notice he was out on the park at Ibrox before the game. Also noticed Jai wasn't using his crutches either. Possible comebacks ?

I'd say Lindsay has more chance of making it at Celtic than Nesbitt does.

Disagree with this tbh. Lindsay has a year and a half on nesbitt and has been playing first team football for about that much longer as well. Considering this is nesbitt's first half season of ft football I think he looks like he has a lot more potential. All depends on whether he can develop a cutting edge. His finishing/final ball lets him down too much right now

Disagree with this tbh. Lindsay has a year and a half on nesbitt and has been playing first team football for about that much longer as well. Considering this is nesbitt's first half season of ft football I think he looks like he has a lot more potential. All depends on whether he can develop a cutting edge. His finishing/final ball lets him down too much right now

Nesbitt was on loan at Thistle last season.

Either way, I'd be surprised if Lindsay didn't go on to have a successful career at a higher level. A great player who has his head screwed on. The likes of him and Stuart Finday were an absolute breath of fresh air at Dumbarton, guys like that who get the head down and work hard deserve success.

It's highly unlikely Lindsay'll make it at Celtic, but he should definitely go on to have a solid top flight career at least. He's already good enough for any side outwith the top five and the only way we're keeping him is if we go up. Nesbitt, the jury's out.

Lindsay is a much better player than Nesbitt. Covers every blade of grass every game and never seems to tire. Would love him to stay but he'll move on to a higher level and deservedly so.

They play in totally different positions though

I hadn't realised he was on loan last season. Did he play much?

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 17:42, Scosha said:

That's a bit of a blow. I thought he was out of contract at the end of this season. I guess the only chance we'll have of keeping him is getting promoted :rolleyes:

More chance of him becoming European Footballer of the Year than Morton getting promoted.

Whats that based on? We've beaten the other 3 teams in the playoff positions right now already this season

Don't bite. Morton are the most likely team to finish 2nd ergo our chances are greater than those of Utd and Falkirk. If only Quitongo hadn't been injured..