The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Out of curiosity who are the 3/4 that you think would be first picks at you?

We could create a combined Dumbarton/Morton super Xi.

Gaston, Tidser and MacDonald would get into that Xi immediately. As would Gallagher, Barr and Gibson from us (from what I've seen)

*Senses an argument approaching*

We could create a combined Dumbarton/Morton super Xi.

Gaston, Tidser and MacDonald would get into that Xi immediately. As would Gallagher, Barr and Gibson from us (from what I've seen)

*Senses an argument approaching*

I'd put Routledge in that team too. Taggart might not be the best RB in the world but he's miles better than Lee Kilday - so that's another. Steven Craig as back up to Peaso.

And the 3/4 are replacing who?

Scott Taggart could easily replace Lee Kilday.

Darren Barr could replace Ricki Lamie/Thomas O'Ware.

Steven Craig would be a good player to have (not as good as a fully fit Peaso).

Jon Routledge would also get into our team.

At the end of 2012/13 no one would have picked us to go down in2013/14 and there will a similar surprise this year

Raith Rovers will finish bottom.

Alloa and Dumbarton will be miles worse than us and Livingstone will implode.

We are in no danger of liquidation or of having financial irrregularities discovered and punished with a points deduction. The Suprene Court will be hearing the Murray (Servco) appeal before the season end.

We have Tidser.

We do have cash to spend. We will splash the cash before the transfer window closes because Crawford knows that relegation will provide zero return on the family investment.

Morton fans will realise that all Scottish football clubs are crap and that on balance Morton are not really any crappier

than the rest of the crap.

:lol: :lol:

What an awful post, clutching at straws is an understatement.

I'd put Routledge in that team too. Taggart might not be the best RB in the world but he's miles better than Lee Kilday - so that's another. Steven Craig as back up to Peaso.

Yeh bring back Andy Graham as well to compensate for the penalties and own goals Sean C would have conceded. Is it Darren Barr the guy who has played 18 games in two years--- can he still walk. Willie Gibson eh, in the championship, I'll have a pint of what you are on.

Yeh bring back Andy Graham as well to compensate for the penalties and own goals Sean C would have conceded. Is it Darren Barr the guy who has played 18 games in two years--- can he still walk. Willie Gibson eh, in the championship, I'll have a pint of what you are on.

At the end of 2012/13 no one would have picked us to go down in2013/14 and there will a similar surprise this year

Raith Rovers will finish bottom.

Alloa and Dumbarton will be miles worse than us and Livingstone will implode.

We are in no danger of liquidation or of having financial irrregularities discovered and punished with a points deduction. The Suprene Court will be hearing the Murray (Servco) appeal before the season end.

We have Tidser.

We do have cash to spend. We will splash the cash before the transfer window closes because Crawford knows that relegation will provide zero return on the family investment.

Morton fans will realise that all Scottish football clubs are crap and that on balance Morton are not really any crappier

than the rest of the crap.

No chance pal.

:lol: :lol: at what point did I mention Andy Graham or Willie Gibson? I've never been a fan of Graham, and I'm glad we went for Bobby Barr over Gibson. If Darren Barr stays fit he'll be a great player for Dumbarton.

:lol: :lol: at what point did I mention Andy Graham or Willie Gibson? I've never been a fan of Graham, and I'm glad we went for Bobby Barr over Gibson. If Darren Barr stays fit he'll be a great player for Dumbarton.

Sorry I was replying to the general thread , not you specifically, and the suggestion that Dumbarton will be better equipped than Morton. . Essentially the Championsip is just a version of Fifty Shades of Shite and most teams have their share of that. Morton fans seem oblivious to that and just salivate over has been on the way down that will somehow be better than what we have.

Are you seriously suggesting that we should be signing crocks like Darren Barr in the hope that he might cast off his crutches and walk. You'll be suggesting that Pie and Bovril changes it's name to 50 Loaves and Fiahes next I suppose.

Edited by Branch Ton

Sorry I was replying to the general thread , not you specifically, and the suggestion that Dumbarton will be better equipped than Morton. . Essentially the Championsip is just a version of Fifty Shades of Shite and most teams have their share of that. Morton fans seem oblivious to that and just salivate over has been on the way down that will somehow be better than what we have.

Are you seriously suggesting that we should be signing crocks like Darren Barr in the hope that he might cast off his crutches and walk. You'll be suggesting that Pie and Bovril changes it's name to 50 Loaves and Fiahes next I suppose.

Guaranteed had you signed darren barr you would have been happy. Yeah he's had a bad time with injuries but for us especially being part time, it's a great signing and I hope he does well.

Anyway going by most of the morton posters your centre halves aren't up to much, so I'm confident he would have been a better option than the players you have currently.

I'd have been happy with Barr. So would most Morton supporters I'd imagine. Would be worried about injuries of course.

I'd have been happy with Barr. So would most Morton supporters I'd imagine. Would be worried about injuries of course.

So are you saying we should be signing players who might have been good had injuries not ruined their career on the basis that they might get back to their former performance levels having not played much in the last two years and now only need to train on a part time basis?

Interesting to see our resident moron try to wildly deflect about the injury record of Dumbarton's signing, when the seaside league jobber we signed for the same position hasn't played a single minute during pre-season because of, erm, injury.

Minter.

Interesting to see our resident moron try to wildly deflect about the injury record of Dumbarton's signing, when the seaside league jobber we signed for the same position hasn't played a single minute during pre-season because of, erm, injury.

Minter.

Hardly the same chimp. Point is we should be looking for the "new" Darren Barr in the sense of some one comparable to him at his best, rather in the same way as picking up McManus, Donnelly or Shankland as you yourself suggested, not some broken down has been. We won't get any where looking at the same old names.

Except that we haven't looked for "the new Darren Barr" - we've brought in a 28 year old seaside league jobber effortlessly dealt with by the best striker in last year's League One when it mattered. And isn't actually fit to play. So your wild deflection has absolutely no relation to Morton's prospects for the coming season then.

Thanks for playing anyway.