The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

I think Pepper has played at right back previously in his career and I would like to see him given a run there, certainly in the pre-season games. He offers far too much to be on the bench every week and would offer a real threat going up the right as with Russell on the left.

It might be a bit hard on Kilday who featured in more first team games than any other player last season but I was never really confident with him there, he lost the ball too often trying to go forward and his positional sense was generally poor.

I've long thought that Forbes may be better suited to a deep lying role, almost like a quarterback. As others have said, he lacks the mobility to play wide and you'll never see the best of him in a central midfield pairing. People often think very much "square peg, square hole" when it comes to positions and would question why you would put a defensively lacking player in a defensive midfield role; but I would be inclined to pay more attention to what he would bring to the team offensively from that position - more time on the ball, whole pitch in front of him to spread play.

It would be interesting to see how he would perform behind Tidser and a more industrious, box-to-box central midfielder.

I've long thought that Forbes may be better suited to a deep lying role, almost like a quarterback. As others have said, he lacks the mobility to play wide and you'll never see the best of him in a central midfield pairing. People often think very much "square peg, square hole" when it comes to positions and would question why you would put a defensively lacking player in a defensive midfield role; but I would be inclined to pay more attention to what he would bring to the team offensively from that position - more time on the ball, whole pitch in front of him to spread play.

It would be interesting to see how he would perform behind Tidser and a more industrious, box-to-box central midfielder.

I never got to see him too often last year but, for a fairly immobile player, he found space to get on the ball a lot. He can obviously find those little pockets and can read a game. I don't see why he can't adapt that to taking up defensive positions when out of possesion.

I think it'd be worth experimenting with (likewise I think Tidser could do a similar job there)

Where did you hear that?

Quite liked him at Thistle but his record for Wycombe looks poor. If he could produce his Thistle form for us, he would be a decent signing.

Hes 34 though so getting on a bit. We already have one 34 year old up front.

Where did you hear that?

Quite liked him at Thistle but his record for Wycombe looks poor. If he could produce his Thistle form for us, he would be a decent signing.

Hes 34 though so getting on a bit. We already have one 34 year old up front.

Friend of mines son is in Morton Development squad. Say's they're looking at bringing him. He was often a sub at Wycombe, had a bit of bad luck with injuries and was commonly used out right in a 4-3-3. Would still do well in the first and would score regularly if playing week in, week out.

Friend of mines son is in Morton Development squad. Say's they're looking at bringing him. He was often a sub at Wycombe, had a bit of bad luck with injuries and was commonly used out right in a 4-3-3. Would still do well in the first and would score regularly if playing week in, week out.

^^^Defos Steven Craig

Hi guys hope you don't mind me posting on your thread. I do hope this may be of some interest to some of you. McDonald's in Greenock are holding a charity raffle to raise money for Ronald McDonald house at the New hospital In Glasgow. (Was previously at Yorkhill). We have a framed and signed Morton top being raffled off so thought that some of you guys may be interested in buying tickets. £1 a ticket and all the proceeds go to said charity. Anyone interested pop into McDonald's and any of the staff will be happy to help. Cheers

Hi guys hope you don't mind me posting on your thread. I do hope this may be of some interest to some of you. McDonald's in Greenock are holding a charity raffle to raise money for Ronald McDonald house at the New hospital In Glasgow. (Was previously at Yorkhill). We have a framed and signed Morton top being raffled off so thought that some of you guys may be interested in buying tickets. £1 a ticket and all the proceeds go to said charity. Anyone interested pop into McDonald's and any of the staff will be happy to help. Cheers

That should have been a greenie instead of a red. My apologies. Fucking phone!