The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Didn't he suddenly become uninjured (after a lengthy spell out) because we drew Celtic at home in the cup?

Yes, the very first game after the draw his mysterious unidentifiable injury even more mysteriously vanished and stopped bothering him. He was suddenly fine to play 90 minutes and look 100%.

It's almost as if he was a chancer who couldn't give a flying f**k about playing football provided he was raking it in and therefore faked injury. A shame, as he really was an excellent centre back on the rare occasion he could be arsed.

IIRC, there was definitely some consternation amongst our fans that he'd not signed for us, after looking promising in the trial (chances of finding anyone else who'd admit that, mind, are slim).

Yet another talented waster ends up on the footballing scrapheap. Makes me sick when you think of the number of guys who have talent that most of us can only dream of having, who just haven't got the mentality to cut it. Especially when clubs like ours (especially Saints) see so many jobbing journeymen pulling on the shirt.

Callum Ball was a great recent example for us. Genuinely talented, outstanding finisher, but a fat useless fucker. If you can't even get yourself in shape, then frankly you deserve to end up in the non-pro game at Corby Town.

Pretty sure I remember him describing himself on social media as something along the lines of "part time 'baller, full time rocker".

He was more interested in his music than his football, which I suppose is fair enough until he's taking a wage off the club you support and he's not bothering his hoop.

This lot that we've got at the moment might not be the most gifted, but chancers like Shimmin make me thankful for them.

One of those I'm delighted will never darken our door again.

Pretty sure I remember him describing himself on social media as something along the lines of "part time 'baller, full time rocker".

He was more interested in his music than his football, which I suppose is fair enough until he's taking a wage off the club you support and he's not bothering his hoop.

This lot that we've got at the moment might not be the most gifted, but chancers like Shimmin make me thankful for them.

One of those I'm delighted will never darken our door again.

Your final tag line is an appalling racist joke

In Shimmin's few appearances for us, he was average at best. That being said, I suppose it doesn't help that he was about the same size as Mark Yardley was in that infamous picture. The rest of the time he was at Dens, was spent 'injured'.

We did warn you about it, which Dundee fans at the time claimed to be just 'bitterness' and 'jealousy', rather than a presentation of the facts.

And to think that Walter Mitty figures manage to run rings around such a sceptical fanbase on a regular basis.

• 3 weeks later...

He's not back to full fitness yet but even at that you can tell he's frustrated with his performances so far. How much of that is down to him struggling to cope with the step-up rather than Denny Johnstone doing nothing but getting in the way of our other attacking players and generally being a liability as a strike partner lately remains to be seen.

Those poor fans who have already made travel plans for this game will be furious. Enough about the home support, though.

Surprised this wasn't spotted sooner or even happened at all - I thought when the fixtures were generated that it took these kind of conditions into consideration.

Those poor fans who have already made travel plans for this game will be furious. Enough about the home support, though.

Surprised this wasn't spotted sooner or even happened at all - I thought when the fixtures were generated that it took these kind of conditions into consideration.

Celtic were only confirmed to be playing Partick in Glasgow that day when they were pumped out the League Cup last week. Had they beaten Ross County they'd have been playing at Hampden on the Sunday so our game wouldn't have been an issue on the Saturday. They have to play Thistle at some point so there will eventually be a clash. But they've only really left it a week before taking action on it.