The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve seen him for Caley and Arbroath and he’s always looked so out his depth every time he’s played.

That’s a strange one mate, can’t mind him for either of them but know he did play for both, was at the friendlies against both QOS & Alloa both games I thought he done really well in spells can definitely tell there’s something good about the guy, very comfortable on the ball looks good at attacking we’ll see how he does against a better level next Tuesday against that mob St Mirren 

sources telling me he’s signed just waiting clearance! 

4 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

That’s a strange one mate, can’t mind him for either of them but know he did play for both, was at the friendlies against both QOS & Alloa both games I thought he done really well in spells can definitely tell there’s something good about the guy

Likewise, never jumped out as being particularly good or bad for either team but he's impressed since coming in. Seems quite a good fit for the new system.

4 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Likewise, never jumped out as being particularly good or bad for either team but he's impressed since coming in. Seems quite a good fit for the new system.

Maybe Morton and the way dougie wants to play next season better suits him, he linked up well with moffat I think it was down the left first half yesterday and the ball through to Lamar against QOS was sublime so he’s showing glimpses of what we can expect 

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Seemed pretty competent in both games. Plenty of experience at this level. 

Still happy with all the signings so far.

Aye pretty good window overall.

Apparently Corr has a dislocated Shoulder so might not see him for awhile so I'd expect us to bring in another defender soon to get us through the group stages with maybe a couple of loans later on in the window. 

Need another 4 players for me. Keeper, defender, midfielder and striker bringing the squad upto 21.

1 hour ago, madton said:

Aye pretty good window overall.

Apparently Corr has a dislocated Shoulder so might not see him for awhile so I'd expect us to bring in another defender soon to get us through the group stages with maybe a couple of loans later on in the window. 

Need another 4 players for me. Keeper, defender, midfielder and striker bringing the squad upto 21.

Is this another dislocation or is he getting surgery on it as he dislocated his shoulder way back in May in our last league game against Arbroath?He played a number of our play off games after that.He previously had surgery on his other shoulder

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Is this another dislocation or is he getting surgery on it as he dislocated his shoulder way back in May in our last league game against Arbroath?He played a number of our play off games after that.He previously had surgery on his other shoulder

Popped his shoulder first day of pre season is what I heard earlier in the week. Had no idea he had previous for it though. Little bit concerning. 

15 hours ago, wullieaufc said:

Seen it quite a bit on here and X, what exactly is this new system that Imrie is doing this season?

It's quite a phenomenon - building from the back and playing the ball to feet. We have no target man such as Brian Graham or George Oakley, so we'll need to start trying to play football! Even Ali Crawford seemed to fit in as a trialist, in a way he never did with balls flying 6 feet over his head!

29 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

It's quite a phenomenon - building from the back and playing the ball to feet. We have no target man such as Brian Graham or George Oakley, so we'll need to start trying to play football! Even Ali Crawford seemed to fit in as a trialist, in a way he never did with balls flying 6 feet over his head!

You're still an insufferable bellend.

4 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Careful what you wish for - Morton took 10 off Ayr playing one particular style last year while Ayr took 12 off Airdrie who won all the plaudits playing their opposite style 🤣