The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Expecting Broadfoot to be played again tonight in an attempt to attract sponsorship from booking.com. 

Meanwhile Imrie talking about a part time Highland League outfit as though they are something to be wary of. Doesn’t say much for his management ability if he seriously thinks that currently we are only marginally superior to what used to be cannon fodder. 

11 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Meanwhile Imrie talking about a part time Highland League outfit as though they are something to be wary of. Doesn’t say much for his management ability if he seriously thinks that currently we are only marginally superior to what used to be cannon fodder. 

We've just been gubbed 3-0 off a team a league above Brechin, so I'd hope he's making the players wary that they have to put in a shift or else they'll struggle again. 

1 hour ago, Ferguson said:he's making the players wary that they have to put in a shift or else they'll struggle again. 

Against Brechin ffs and you’re tacitly accepting it.  How has it come to this? 

15 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Against Brechin ffs and you’re tacitly accepting it.  How has it come to this? 

Do you suggest that Imrie instead implies to his players that Brechin are nothing to be wary of due to our 'superiority'?

I get that you're trying to say we should be comfortably beating Brechin, which we obviously should and no one is 'tacitly accepting' otherwise, but I think you're misunderstanding Dougie's comments. The players clearly didn't turn up against East Fife and got punished, if we're not 'wary' that we have to turn up and earn the win tonight then there's every chance we'll get punished again. Nothing more to it than that.

5 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Do you suggest that Imrie instead implies to his players that Brechin are nothing to be wary of due to our 'superiority'?

I get that you're trying to say we should be comfortably beating Brechin, which we obviously should and no one is 'tacitly accepting' otherwise, but I think you're misunderstanding Dougie's comments. The players clearly didn't turn up against East Fife and got punished, if we're not 'wary' that we have to turn up and earn the win tonight then there's every chance we'll get punished again. Nothing more to it than that.

Imrie isn’t addressing the players though. The club is posting this tosh on social media where it can be viewed by fans, potential sponsors, new recruits etc..It is devoid of team news and as a trailer for Tuesday night’s “entertainment”  and an indicator of the manager’s view of our current level it is woeful. 

Rather stuffy Brechin side tonight, but if we had a bit of composure in front of goal we could and should have scored more.

Dougie has seem something in Davies we have yet to experience. He looks desperate to score and is rushing his chances.

I don't get the Dougie loyalty to Blues. He's had a dreadful start to the season so far and should not have started the game. 

Broadfoot is another who hasn't had a great start either but I thought he played really well when he came on tonight.

Some sloppy play and missed chances in front of goal, but there were green shoots of the team beginning to gel with some very neat fast flowing football in the 2nd half.

We're not there yet but when this team settles we we find our no.9 we could have a decent season

God the was a hard watch tonight. Still a couple of weeks out but Partick could very well batter us on the opening day if this keeps up. For me the only new signings that are currently cutting it are Moffat and Ballantyne. Lyall looks good in flashes but is taking far too many touches. Needs to be 1/2 touch and away if we’re to make this new style of play work. The jury is very much still on both Reynolds and Davies. Reynolds looks like one of them players who’ll show a bit of magic one minute then fail to control a simple ball the next. Davies showed some good striker play and done reasonably well in the air for his size but also doesn’t look confident in front of goal and gives the illusion of having some pace but actually isn’t at all. 

As has been said before in here a no9 is badly needed. 

Hi guys, very warm friendly welcome at cappielow so thanks for that! That’s another ground ticked off. 

Correct result in the end but my god our lads put in the work. 

Just a quick one, do you know who runs the security/employs the stewards? And who to contact about one particular guy? Cheers. 

7 hours ago, MonTheHedge said:

Just a quick one, do you know who runs the security/employs the stewards? And who to contact about one particular guy?

You're certainly not the first to ask that question. Probably just best to give the club an email, either admin@gmfc.net or dale.pm@gmfc.net

19 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

You're certainly not the first to ask that question. Probably just best to give the club an email, either admin@gmfc.net or dale.pm@gmfc.net

That’s unfortunate, but thank you mate. 

13 hours ago, MonTheHedge said:

Hi guys, very warm friendly welcome at cappielow so thanks for that! That’s another ground ticked off. 

Correct result in the end but my god our lads put in the work. 

Just a quick one, do you know who runs the security/employs the stewards? And who to contact about one particular guy? Cheers. 

Fair play to the Brechin fans who travelled up on a Tuesday night. 

Thought your team worked hard and did themselves proud. Gave us a few wee nervy moments at the end.

Good luck with your steward enquiry. As said  Dale MacDonald is probably the best person to contact. Unfortunately the stewarding at Cappielow has been raised before.

54 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Fair play to the Brechin fans who travelled up on a Tuesday night. 

Thought your team worked hard and did themselves proud. Gave us a few wee nervy moments at the end.

Good luck with your steward enquiry. As said  Dale MacDonald is probably the best person to contact. Unfortunately the stewarding at Cappielow has been raised before.

Cheers! Must admit I did expect a few extra Brechin faces but I didn’t get home until gone midnight so it’s not much surprise.

I got a very good response from Dale. Im an easy going guy but for a steward to suggest a Morton winger should have a goal bonus to be paid in fruit was just out of order. 

59 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

What was going on?

Some wee guy Chucked a cup of something at a Steward, got a brief talking to, then at full time what seemed to be the same wee guy ran onto the park. 

That along with a confrontation between one of the ball boys and the Brechin keeper, both in the wrong instigated by the ball boy. 

Some guy on twitter completely downplaying the first incident. making an absolute fool of himself.  convinced its DreamOak   

21 minutes ago, Pedro1874 said:

Some wee guy Chucked a cup of something at a Steward, got a brief talking to, then at full time what seemed to be the same wee guy ran onto the park. 

That along with a confrontation between one of the ball boys and the Brechin keeper, both in the wrong instigated by the ball boy. 

Some guy on twitter completely downplaying the first incident. making an absolute fool of himself.  convinced its DreamOak   

Having a nosey I'd doubt it as Dougie Imrie congratulated him on one of his horses winning 😆

28 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Having a nosey I'd doubt it as Dougie Imrie congratulated him on one of his horses winning 😆

Had a look myself and didnt see that, we might not be speaking about the same person 😅 the fella I'm talking about has been giving mainly it to the Greenock Mortons page