The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

8 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I hope to God he proves me wrong, but that is the very definition of a panic signing. 

Certainly seems a question mark over his fitness. I take why he's only been given a 6 month deal. 

I still hope we're after another striker in the same mould as him perhaps on loan

The six month deal is sensible if there are concerns over his fitness, but you also can't help thinking Imrie isn't wholly convinced by his own signing if he isn't willing to give him a contract for the season and it's therefore not going to dissuade any Garry O'Connor comparisons/encourage people to be confident this signing will transform the season.

Still, if/when he scores I'll be posting this immediately.

0www97faSHSl.gif.2285d4f95fd807c6c401dc9ccbecd83b.gif

Are we really supposed to believe that this is the last piece of the jigsaw in the new style of play masterplan?  Quite clearly Imrie didn’t have a plan B to cover Oakley’s departure. If this is the best he can come up with heaven help us. 

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

The six month deal is sensible if there are concerns over his fitness, but you also can't help thinking Imrie isn't wholly convinced by his own signing if he isn't willing to give him a contract for the season and it's therefore not going to dissuade any Garry O'Connor comparisons/encourage people to be confident this signing will transform the season.

Still, if/when he scores I'll be posting this immediately.

0www97faSHSl.gif.2285d4f95fd807c6c401dc9ccbecd83b.gif

It’ll take him 6 months to run the length of the pitch 

JET was at Livi 4 years ago so my opinion of him is outdated now but here it is, anyway:

He's not an aerial target man. He's also not a "number 9". He's a second striker who wanders wide or drops deep. He's very slow but very strong so he'll chase nothing but takes the ball into feet/chest very well. Great shot. Very composed on the ball. My suspicion as to why he failed at Aberdeen is they tried to use him as a bit-part player, bringing him on as a second half sub. You probably need to be starting him so his teammates get used to him. He's best in slow tempo games. 

I don't really take much interest in players at other teams , but I had never even heard of this guy until about yesterday.

Edited by Alibi

Just go watch the first minute of this and enjoy it. Fat lazy b*****d he is, he took us 8 months to get him fit but he's got a bit of something different

Forget the fact that the very next highlight is him losing the ball, barely trying to win it back then McCrorie flapping at it as it goes into the back of the net :D 

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Just go watch the first minute of this and enjoy it. Fat lazy b*****d he is, he took us 8 months to get him fit but he's got a bit of something different

We've had a few players described as that in the past.  One of them was Andy Ritchie.  I live in hope...

2 minutes ago, Alibi said:

We've had a few players described as that in the past.  One of them was Andy Ritchie.  I live in hope...

Personally I love Jet, he's one of the most confusing Livi players. For 8 months he was so unbelievably unfit, then spent about 8 weeks being the best player in the squad. Proper target man that stuff just seems to happen for, if he can be arsed he might do decently well. He's very marmite though, at times clumsy, at times there's magic in the boots. He'll definitely bully a few defenders this season, we fired balls up to him and he would just knock them on most of the time.

16 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

That was a lovely bit of skill I have to say... 

He's in the top 5 most talented players I've ever seen play for us. Definitely worth a punt for 6 months.

Hope he shows it for you (except against us lol).

So much for the chairman  stating to the fans at the meeting in the Morton  supporters that the time of carthorses looking for a final buck are over NEVER happen whilst he is there well it just has.

Edited by gmfc