The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

7 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Primary school patter at best. 

You could at least have ventured a thought as to why they all looked so downbeat,  particularly in view of the current shit show.

6 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

You being an arsehole is a valid reason.

4 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

All in all another p***k——- with no education or insight. 

Well, YOU started it!!  

😜

4 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Well, YOU started it!!  

😜

Meanwhile away from yet more off topic deflection and In actual football news Dougie tells Gawith that everything is difficult but the boys “done” well on a sticky pitch, adding the most important thing is that some guys got minutes. No clarification for example about what exactly we are trying to do and without a central striker or why guys who clearly needed minutes didn’t get them. A casual listener would have thought we were playing Real Madrid not mighty Cowdenbeath. 

If only the club had someone as vacuous as you to help out with their communication strategy.

10 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

If only the club had someone as vacuous as you to help out with their communication strategy.

.....and you seem like just the man.

Get yer CV in sharpish - I'm sure Dougie would love to interview you.......

15 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Meanwhile away from yet more off topic deflection and In actual football news Dougie tells Gawith that everything is difficult but the boys “done” well on a sticky pitch, adding the most important thing is that some guys got minutes. No clarification for example about what exactly we are trying to do and without a central striker or why guys who clearly needed minutes didn’t get them. A casual listener would have thought we were playing Real Madrid not mighty Cowdenbeath. 

That would be a very weird thing to say if you'd just beat Real Madrid.

Ignore my last lazy post re the Diddy Cup.

Draw for last 16 to take place next week

The draw for the fourth round of the SPFL Trust Trophy will be made on Tuesday September 10 at 1.00pm.

Fourth-round ties are scheduled for the weekend of October 12/13.

You can watch the draw on the SPFL YouTube channel via the link below:

SPFL Trust Trophy 4th Round Draw (youtube.com)

1 hour ago, Paisley Ton said:

I though it was agreed Branch Ton would just be put on ignore.

After our big win at Cowdenbeth who do we get in the next round, sorry if I missed it.

The draw is Tuesday mate.

5 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Hopefully we’ll get one of the erse cheeks - we’d get a tanking but could do with the money.

Think we'd need to give up as a club if Rangers/Celtic B were to give us a doing tbh

Surprised to see Dougie being criticised on the Miorton Forum.

When I was banned for criticising him I was the only one doing so, and was absolutely battered for even questioning his methods.

I was attacked from all sides and was eventually banned for my opinions. 

I’m surprisingly still allowed to read all the threads but not to contribute my responses to any of the posts. As a Ton Fan since 1963 I’ll admit that hurts quite a bit, but although I don’t see the eventual emergence of other Dougie critics resulting in their banishment from the forum, at least they’re starting to realise what I was getting at.

11 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

When I was banned for criticising him I was the only one doing so, and was absolutely battered for even questioning his methods.

I’m surprisingly still allowed to read all the threads but not to contribute my responses to any of the posts. As a Ton Fan since 1963 I’ll admit that hurts quite a bit, but although I don’t see the eventual emergence of other Dougie critics resulting in their banishment from the forum, at least they’re starting to realise what I was getting at.

I have a feeling you were banned for being an insufferable, "guess I was right after all?" p***k, to be honest.

Is anyone ever going to put their hands up and take responsibility for this clusterf**k of a squad assembly and explain for example why this far in we have no credible central striker. Is Imrie given a completely free rein or does someone on the board actually undertake some oversight and sign off on his signings of old cronies and has beens. 

Even if we bin Imrie no one in their right might would want to take on this unbalanced mob,

14 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Is anyone ever going to put their hands up and take responsibility for this clusterf**k of a squad assembly and explain for example why this far in we have no credible central striker. Is Imrie given a completely free rein or does someone on the board actually undertake some oversight and sign off on his signings of old cronies and has beens. 

Even if we bin Imrie no one in their right might would want to take on this unbalanced mob,

It's up to the manager who he wants to sign and the Board shouldn't be interfering. The Board should only be concerned with the financials and keeping within a budget.

The signing of players falls squarely on Dougie, and so far he's assembled a very, very poor forward line. That's the big failing!

Moffat, Lyall, Ballantine, Boyce and Woods have been good signings to give credit where it's due. Delaney and Crawford are average and we can't really judge Corr and Shaw yet.

The fact that he's not signed an actual striker at this stage of the season is almost criminal.  He's panic signed JET and McGinn hoping they can somehow rediscover their old form from years ago.

I would imagine he now knows Reynolds and Davies are not going to cut it in this league. As both look miles off it so far. I know there is still a chance of it being early days and they may come good. But I seriously can't see it happening. 

The bottom line is if you don't score goals you don't win games and if you don't win games it's a results driven business which you ultimately pay the price as a manager. 

I like Dougie and hope he's with us for a long time. But I really don't know how he turns this around given our budget. 

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Why do you continue to tell this lie, when you know you’ll get called out on it every time, and look even more ridiculous than the last time you tried to flog us it?

On 03/09/2024 at 12:47, Shodwall cat said:

I was standing right behind the Donaldson tackle and he never made any contact with garrity at all. Garrity lost his footing and fell over. Fortunately the ref was only a few feet away from the incident which you can't see at all clearly on any TV picture for Falkirk or Morton TV. I can assure you it was never a pen never mind it being a two footed tackle as some seem to be making out which is frankly ludicrous. I'd be happy to say we got away with one if that was the case but not in this instance.

That was my view of it too. Was right behind it. Unfortunately was hit with tear stained red dots from Morten fans for pointing it out.

On 07/09/2024 at 22:30, Chippyminton said:

Any gloating Falkirk roasters still here?

Or are you all blootering yourselves into the Firth, wankered on a pint and a half of pish-weak East-Coast 'beer'?

Not so cocky now, are you, wee laddies?

Couldnt care less about the diddy cup.

How did you get on today?

Edited by LauriestonBairn

7 hours ago, Colkitto said:

It's up to the manager who he wants to sign and the Board shouldn't be interfering. The Board should only be concerned with the financials and keeping within a budget.

The signing of players falls squarely on Dougie, and so far he's assembled a very, very poor forward line. That's the big failing!

Moffat, Lyall, Ballantine, Boyce and Woods have been good signings to give credit where it's due. Delaney and Crawford are average and we can't really judge Corr and Shaw yet.

The fact that he's not signed an actual striker at this stage of the season is almost criminal.  He's panic signed JET and McGinn hoping they can somehow rediscover their old form from years ago.

I would imagine he now knows Reynolds and Davies are not going to cut it in this league. As both look miles off it so far. I know there is still a chance of it being early days and they may come good. But I seriously can't see it happening. 

The bottom line is if you don't score goals you don't win games and if you don't win games it's a results driven business which you ultimately pay the price as a manager. 

I like Dougie and hope he's with us for a long time. But I really don't know how he turns this around given our budget. 

You are much closer to all of this than I am at the moment. For me though the board has to have general oversight. The lack of striking options and the ultimate consequence of it is obvious to all on here.

it comes down to choices. If you have a performing popular striker who wants more security or cash is your first action to jig the budget to accommodate him or do you rush in and give a one year deal to a 39 year old whom the fans dislike and who no one else would rush to sign. 

The desperation signings which have taken place recently are just a waste of money. 

Some of Dougie's signings are eye bleedingly bad. Giving donkeys who should be in the knackers yard extensions or signing players who haven't had a decent game in a decade should be a sacking offence. Get a new manager in before we get cast adrift then get a load of loan players in to replace the dross he's signed.