The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Its clear to see we are struggling for goals and to let the player who looks most likley to score for us without a good replqcement could see us in a real relegation battle

We're already in one. We should be looking to sign a striker regardless of whether Quitongo goes or not.

40 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Oliver is a striker, or are you assuming hes going too?

Wouldn't really be missed based on what I've seen so far.  Last time he scored was probably that goal for Queens at Cappielow in our 3-2 win last season.

50 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Oliver is a striker, or are you assuming hes going too?

49 minutes ago, Scosha said:

He's not been played as striker for us. In-between the midfield and Quitongo up front. 

He played his best stuff for us from out wide right rather than on the few occasions he played as an out and out striker.

8 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Wouldn't really be missed based on what I've seen so far.  Last time he scored was probably that goal for Queens at Cappielow in our 3-2 win last season.

Last time he scored he cost me a bit of cash when he hit a late 3rd v Livingston in our penultimate league game. If we'd won 2-0 and not 3-0 I'd have won the New Bazaar Doonhamers Prediction League instead of finishing 2nd!

Keep hearing people say Oliver plays between midfield and attack but every time I've seen him this season when our defence or midfield have the ball then Oliver has been positioned at least in line with Quitongo and even sometimes on front of him.

He is our main striker, as suggested when Duffy threw Quitongo out wide against Dumbarton rather than the person who has predominately played as a winger in his career.

I'd love to have him in the squad if he was played on the wing but as our first choice striker I'd rather we released him on a free and never mentioned his name again.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Last time he scored he cost me a bit of cash when he hit a late 3rd v Livingston in our penultimate league game. If we'd won 2-0 and not 3-0 I'd have won the New Bazaar Doonhamers Prediction League instead of finishing 2nd!

Riveting stuff!!!!!

22 minutes ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Original bid will have been around £20k. This talk of £100k rejected is mental.

What makes you think it was £20k? That's pennies to teams down south. They'll have been well aware he's a good talent and we wouldn't let him go on the cheap before bidding. It was a journalist who mentioned the £100k.

6 minutes ago, Scosha said:

What makes you think it was £20k? That's pennies to teams down south. They'll have been well aware he's a good talent and we wouldn't let him go on the cheap before bidding. It was a journalist who mentioned the £100k.

They may also be aware that Morton have previous for under valuing their players and thought they'd chance their arm with a low bid.

9 minutes ago, MORleyTON said:

Pogba released by Partick.......potential short team deal maybe, if All else fails....?

Edit: Not seen him much in all honesty....

He has played for Partick so it would be madness for him to sign a short terms deal anywhere else (the shortest it could be would be to January anyway). He'd then be clubless for the rest of the season if his deal wasn't extended because you can only play for two clubs in one season.

57 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Two things.

Guys like Jai Quitongo don't attract a fee of £100k plus Doncaster haven't paid a fee for a player since August 2013.

He has played for Partick so it would be madness for him to sign a short terms deal anywhere else (the shortest it could be would be to January anyway). He'd then be clubless for the rest of the season if his deal wasn't extended because you can only play for two clubs in one season.

Of course.....

Meh, if the wages aren't too stupid, could be worth a pop for a season.