The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

On 8/7/2016 at 11:48, bazdons said:

Hi guys. What's the deal with the Renfrewshire cup? Couldnae find any reference to it online except an old p&b post. Are the junior clubs playing for it, or have the paisley lot decided they're keeping it and no playing anymore?

I think, and it's only my opinion, that since they're playing 4 league matches against each other, Saints and Morton have decided to shelve the semi-finals and final. I hope this is temporary and can't see any reason why the U20s couldn't compete in it, much as happens with the Glasgow Cup.

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think, and it's only my opinion, that since they're playing 4 league matches against each other, Saints and Morton have decided to shelve the semi-finals and final. I hope this is temporary and can't see any reason why the U20s couldn't compete in it, much as happens with the Glasgow Cup.

The U20's did have a few years bash at it recently.

I'd like to see fans teams compete for it, all in the best possible taste obviously. 

I'd pay to watch that.

29 minutes ago, SuperTon said:

Oyenuga signs for a year.

Interesting one, he really stuck out twice against us for Cowdenbeath a few seasons back.

In the first instance he looked like an utterly woeful goalscorer who was capable of creating something but then made the wrong decision, didn't pass and lost possession or fired absolutely miles wide/over the bar.

Then in the second game, this time at Central Park, he absolutely ripped us a new one. He was quick, strong and direct and actually looked like he knew what to do with the ball at his feet. 5 goals for Cowden isn't a great return, but if you get the player we saw at CP as opposed to the one we saw the Rock he might be a very useful addition.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Interesting one, he really stuck out twice against us for Cowdenbeath a few seasons back.

In the first instance he looked like an utterly woeful goalscorer who was capable of creating something but then made the wrong decision, didn't pass and lost possession or fired absolutely miles wide/over the bar.

Then in the second game, this time at Central Park, he absolutely ripped us a new one. He was quick, strong and direct and actually looked like he knew what to do with the ball at his feet. 5 goals for Cowden isn't a great return, but if you get the player we saw at CP as opposed to the one we saw the Rock he might be a very useful addition.

Hopefully we get the guy you saw at Central Park! A few Cowdenbeath fans saying he was lazy. Don't imagine Duffy will tolerate that. Sounds as if he's done his homework. we just need to hope that he brings goals to the team

It seems such a shame not have at least the young lads playing for it with the junior teams. Great experience for the kids and the juniors might have a chance of winning it for a change.

48 minutes ago, Cowshed118 said:

Aiden Nesbitt linked with us today in The Sun

That means someone from the Sun read the Morton forum last night and seen the rumour. Means nothing until we see official confirmation.

3 minutes ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Coming from the guy who's teams employs Paul Cairney, ex Jacamo. 

Aye because I was clearly trying to insult Morton there based on the superiority of our players physiques! More wondering what the f**k Celtic are doing with their youth players. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye because I was clearly trying to insult Morton there based on the superiority of our players physiques! More wondering what the f**k Celtic are doing with their youth players. 

They probably focus more on actual ability than physique. That'd be my guess anyway.

28 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Those Falkirk hammer throwers will snap that guy in two and wreck his confidence, like they did with McMullan. Then they'll refuse to believe their team is anything but bullied by everyone else for the rest of the season.

No, no.

Falkirk players are the ones who are ever the victims, remember?

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Surprisingly you can focus on both. 

Indeed, but I'd hazard a guess that Nesbitt's technique and ability on the ball mean that he doesn't have to be built like Ben Richards-Everton (other absolute monsters are available, but he was the 1st that sprung to mind).