The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

You guys got your revenge (of sorts) with that centre half, though whose name I have forgotten. I want to say Dom somebody. Fucking hell, creeping senility. I think he turned out shite, but plenty fans were pissed off he signed for you. 

Shimmin was actually a good player until he decided he was mysteriously injured and was never seen again.

Yes, that was the fella. IIRC (but given I couldn't remember his name, that's admittedly in doubt) he trialled for us then signed for Morton.  Quick wiki glance says he's only managed four senior appearances since leaving the Ton. What a waster!

Fake edit: Gus was impressed, apparently.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/st-mirren-take-former-arsenal-984686#Otk52UIRCRM3TqbF.97

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

If he's anything like his old man, he'll delight and frustrate in equal measure

I loved Jose, he was a massive character in Scottish football and was one of those guys that fans found it impossible to hate. 

The same thought occurred to me about young Jai. He's lightning quick and increasingly willing to try the near impossible which, when it comes off, is brilliant. I think he may be bigger than his old man already and apparently , at Rugby Park particularly showed some physical presence - which is good news for us also.

I remember wee Jose playng at Cappielow (was it for Hamilton or Alloa ?) and he was getting his usual reception from the cowshed. He responded with his arms out and was like ' aww c'mon... me ?'

Definitely couldn't hate the Jose

Edited by cornbeef

How are the 'Ton fans feeling ahead of the derby on Saturday?

Must be quietly confident about ending your barren run after such a good League Cup campaign?

11 minutes ago, Div said:

How are the 'Ton fans feeling ahead of the derby on Saturday?

Must be quietly confident about ending your barren run after such a good League Cup campaign?

Morton win to nil is 6/1 and I like that so aye. 

Also your quote function is fucked up. I tried to quote this 3 times before finally getting the correct post to appear. Before that just random other posts from the thread. 

Edited by GiGi

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Morton win to nil is 6/1 and I like that so aye. 

Also your quote function is fucked up. I tried to quote this 3 times before finally getting the correct post to appear. Before that just random other posts from the thread. 

Working fine for me so I'll need to put that down to user error.

I was reading through the Morton fan site this afternoon. Confidence seems very high.

Should be a very healthy crowd and hopefully a game with plenty of goals and incident.

13 minutes ago, Div said:

I was reading through the Morton fan site this afternoon. Confidence seems very high.

Should be a very healthy crowd and hopefully a game with plenty of goals and incident.

I'll put you down to user error.

1 hour ago, Div said:

Well that's a stick on for a 0-0 borefest now. :P 

Hard to know what to expect - I was worried after seeing two of our group opponent take doings off U20 sides tonight, but I gather Clyde have fielded youth players. The fact that St. Mirren will be expected to attack us from time to time means that we may get space to attack in return, in the way that Berwick's "9 behind the ball" didn't allow us. We did well against Killie, but in truth Killie had no idea what they were doing.

A draw does seem likely.

Well that's a stick on for a 0-0 borefest now. [emoji14] 

Hard to know what to expect - I was worried after seeing two of our group opponent take doings off U20 sides tonight, but I gather Clyde have fielded youth players. The fact that St. Mirren will be expected to attack us from time to time means that we may get space to attack in return, in the way that Berwick's "9 behind the ball" didn't allow us. We did well against Killie, but in truth Killie had no idea what they were doing.

A draw does seem likely.

With Sutton, Morgan, Gallagher, Walsh, Shankland, Hardie, Mallan and Clarkson available to us I think we'll be on the front foot the whole time, but my fear is that our midfield is too lightweight.

I'm going for 4-2 Saints.

Morton fans very confident of a clean sheet. I assume the back four and keeper that shipped three goals in Paisley at the end of last season have been replaced then?