The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Morton fans very confident of a clean sheet. I assume the back four and keeper that shipped three goals in Paisley at the end of last season have been replaced then?

That team was on holiday mode for the last Derby of the season. Absolutely shocking defending for all 3 goals but they just looked like they were done in and couldn't be arsed. Hopefully they'll be fired up for this one. We've got Michael Doyle at RB who will be the only new face to that back 4. Replacing the useless Michael Miller who played in that game. He's not the best going forward but is decent at defending, better than Conor Pepper but I'd say Conor offers more going forward.
I can't predict how this game will go. We could have 2/3 new faces in before the game, or we could have no new faces in and be going into the match with a pretty lightweight squad.
If we manage to get a good result it'll be down to Tidser and Lindsay winning the battle in central midfield.

Worth noting that Doyle looks like an excellent addition. An actual decent right back who can play the position. Who knew?

Michael Miller played right back?! No wonder we got horsed. :lol: Doyle's actually looked okay going forward so far I think. Apart from when he hits a shot. He shouldn't be allowed to shoot.

Yeah I think the middle of the park is an area where Morton could get some joy as Quinn is out injured.

Well also be without MacKenzie who still hasn't played.

Spoilt for choice up front but have to get the ball to them.

Doyle will have his hands full with Lewis Morgan who has started the season very very well.

Hope for a good game!

Morton fans very confident of a clean sheet. I assume the back four and keeper that shipped three goals in Paisley at the end of last season have been replaced then?

The defence has been rock solid all pre-season, not conceded a goal yet to date. This will be a much harder test though of course and will be much more of an indication of how we'll cope against better sides. Tidser will be a massive player for us, if you nullify his threat then you'll win the match.

6 hours ago, SuperTon said:

The defence has been rock solid all pre-season, not conceded a goal yet to date. This will be a much harder test though of course and will be much more of an indication of how we'll cope against better sides. Tidser will be a massive player for us, if you nullify his threat then you'll win the match.

And therein lies the problem.

If Quinn was fit I'd be relatively confident with him up against Tidser.

However, I'm not convinced Hutton will be as capable. Should be an interesting tussle.

Mallan will have to make sure he tracks back and defends.