Summer Transfers 2015/2016

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is your main striker for next season?

Possibility of a decent cup run for you guys next season.

We don't really have any strikers as such at the minute apart from Gordon Smith. Garry Fleming and Kevin Cawley are forward players but striker is probably not the best description for them. We're a winger and another striker away from a really good side I think.

We don't really have any strikers as such at the minute apart from Gordon Smith. Garry Fleming and Kevin Cawley are forward players but striker is probably not the best description for them. We're a winger and another striker away from a really good side I think.

Striker really isn't the best word to describe Gordon Smith either..

We ended up playing him on the wing as he was awful up front..

Christ, I'd forgotten that as well.

Fair enough. He certainly played as a striker for Stirling Albion, we may well end up utilising him on the wing as well.

how long ago did he play for raith? I think he's only 23 or 24, I can vaguely remember him, maybe he's a bit more experienced yet young enough to be hungry,scored 10 in a relegated side and should have had more by all accounts, I won't pass judgement till after a number of weeks, I do hope that he does well funnily enough

how long ago did he play for raith? I think he's only 23 or 24, I can vaguely remember him, maybe he's a bit more experienced yet young enough to be hungry,scored 10 in a relegated side and should have had more by all accounts, I won't pass judgement till after a number of weeks, I do hope that he does well funnily enough

2 seasons ago, when we were 5th iirc.

Two years now, bit of a strange player for us, only had the 5 goals - but showed a decent technique for them. Two were against the Sons, one was an 18 yard belter in a game you guys won 4-2, I think. The other a classy header in a 3-3 draw at your bit. The one other bit of Gordon Smith in action against Dumbarton that springs to mind was his attempt at a back pass in a game Rovers won 4-2 at the Rock, when we were leading 3-0 with 5 mins to go, lost a goal, got a man sent off and then Smith's attempted back pass played in a Dumbarton player for 3-2. He actually redeemed himself a bit by playing in Lewis Vaughan for the 4th goal that killed it, but still.... what a mess that was.

He's got presence, certainly, and when I saw him last season when we had Stirling in the cup, he still had it. Decent technique in front of goal as I said (I recall a winner against Morton from an impossibly tight angle in off of the far post) and can be a handful for defenders, but for a big lad he doesn't like having the ball pinged at his head - his hold up play isn't great, and he doesn't work the channels either - hence why he comes off as lazy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived