Scott Allan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I don't think it's unlikely that Hibs would sell if a good offer was received, making such a derisory offer would suggest that Rangers have absolutely no intention of submitting a good offer. It's too low to even be the starting point of a negotiation by intentionally submitting a low bid that the selling club will haggle over.

It's either purely an attempt to unsettle Allan before Saturday, or King trying to do what Craig Whyte did with Goodwillie. Submit a bid that you know will never be accepted so you can pretend that you do have money and are trying to spend it, then blame the diddy club for being obstructive and standing in the player's way when they reject it, turning the attention of the fans away from yourself and avoiding scrutiny.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts. As well as it being a non-serious bid purely to try and unsettle their biggest title rivals this season.

According to most on this site Rangers don't have a history of anything ?

Hibs will come to an arrangement and Allan will move to a bigger club earn himself a higher wage, it's the facts of football these days, Rangers could have had him for nothing but they blew that chance.

A 2 year deal was always going to be a risk, Hibs have rolled the dice and the player has kept his options open, I think the lad has been very professional and kept his head down, but he is a Rangers fan and their is big momentum at Rangers right now, that's why I think Allan will be making the move.

Hibs need the cash, and his value will only go down the longer they stall.

warnock.png

warnock.png

warnock.png

warnock.png

warnock.png

warnock.png

£175k seems like a bid designed to unsettle the player ahead of league campaign. And when you consider the fact Rangers already have plenty of midfielders it makes you wonder if Rangers even actually want to sign the player.

Still, for a player with only one season remaining on his contract a bid in the region of £400k-£500k would be a fair deal.

According to most on this site Rangers don't have a history of anything ?

Hibs will come to an arrangement and Allan will move to a bigger club earn himself a higher wage, it's the facts of football these days, Rangers could have had him for nothing but they blew that chance.

A 2 year deal was always going to be a risk, Hibs have rolled the dice and the player has kept his options open, I think the lad has been very professional and kept his head down, but he is a Rangers fan and their is big momentum at Rangers right now, that's why I think Allan will be making the move.

Hibs need the cash, and his value will only go down the longer they stall.

I think we can survive without your 175,000 over staggered payments..

£175k seems like a bid designed to unsettle the player ahead of league campaign. And when you consider the fact Rangers already have plenty of midfielders it makes you wonder if Rangers even actually want to sign the player.

Still, for a player with only one season remaining on his contract a bid in the region of £400k-£500k would be a fair deal.

They're all shite though.

I think we can survive without your 175,000 over staggered payments..

Most teams pay over staggered payments, Hibs will survive, but they still have to pay their mortgage which is staggered over 10 years, 1st payment of £500k in August.

It was an opening bid, and will most definitely be increased and settled after the game on Saturday.

They're all shite though.

In your opinion.

All I'm saying is Rangers have more than enough midfielders. If their intention is to sign one more player I would prefer that player was a centre forward.

But as I said, the player is worth no more than £400k-£500k as he only has a season remaining on his contract.

Most teams pay over staggered payments, Hibs will survive, but they still have to pay their mortgage which is staggered over 10 years, 1st payment of £500k in August.

It was an opening bid, and will most definitely be increased and settled after the game on Saturday.

Recent accounts show we are in no need to sell players, especially considering the club has guaranteed regular cash payments from fans to go towards paying for players. Gutted for you.

^^^ No 8

If Rangers want him, we'll get him!

You don't say no when Rangers come a knocking.

anigif_enhanced-25484-1396277449-9.gif

Had a quick gander on a hibs forum and saw a poster who everyone seemed to think was a bit itk saying he would be very surprised if Allan wasn't a rangers player next week.

That's from a hibs forum not me.

He is also Andy hallidays best friend and they share the same agent. I do think he wants to come to Rangers

350-400k gets us our man, I got a text and have a source. Uncle knows Stubbs as well.

No seriously tho that's the price I've heard. Reliable source.

This deal will be done by Friday Night. It is not in either clubs interests to have this hanging over the opening game on Saturday. If Hibs get 400K for their man, they'll do well. Get him signed.
Stubbs is an idiot, of course we were always going to bid low. Whats stubbs expecting £1m for a championship player with only 1 year left on his deal?!. I'd go back in with £300k which will prob be rejected and then put in a take it or leave it of 400k.

I've heard Hibs need to do a bit of balancing of the books so if we do sign him I don't think he will be replaced properly either.

All this just makes me want to beat them even more this year. His value after a few years will surely exceed the rumoured £500k they are looking for.

I'd offer £400k and reckon they'd think hard about that, maybe add a £100k should we get promoted. Start him on Saturday and watch them implode.

I think the Stubbs interview on ssn tells us a lot. When the speculation started back at the start of preseason they were quick to role him out in front of the cameras to say he was happy and staying, now a concrete bid has went in and he's nowhere to be seen. Plus the fact that Stubbs is making statements like "the bid shows how much Rangers value him". His pants are going I think he knows he wants the move.

KiYq1Sw.gif

Archived