Scott Allan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really do never ever learn do you? You're definitely my favourite one.

I'm sticking to my opinion Rangers don't need to sign Allan right now. If you disagree and think Rangers have to weaken their rivals to boost their championship hopes, fair enough.

They've went to Easter Road and put 6 goals past Hibs today. Granted it's only a glorified friendly game but does that seem to you like a team who needs another creative player? Does that seem like a team who should spend hundreds of thousands to weaken an opposition who just conceded 6 goals to Rangers?....

No. Keep the money and spend it on another player next summer and sign Allan on free transfer.

More chance of Hibs winning this years Petrofac Diddy Cup than Allan signing for Rangers this window 8)

Prepared for this to come back and bite me in the baws :(

I'm sticking to my opinion Rangers don't need to sign Allan right now. If you disagree and think Rangers have to weaken their rivals to boost their championship hopes, fair enough.

They've went to Easter Road and put 6 goals past Hibs today. Granted it's only a glorified friendly game but does that seem to you like a team who needs another creative player? Does that seem like a team who should spend hundreds of thousands to weaken an opposition who just conceded 6 goals to Rangers?....

No. Keep the money and spend it on another player next summer and sign Allan on free transfer.

That was a freaky game today.

Obviously, it's a tremendous scoreline from a Rangers point of view. I'm still not sure that they're such a strong side though. If Hibs are going to be that shit, you've got to imagine that Rangers will win the league.

We'll see, but for most of the first half, it looked like we were watching a poorish 2nd tier side. Even in the second half, it looked more like we were watching one thoroughly demoralised brittle side, rather than another rampant, majestic one.

But hey, we won our glorified friendly too.

That was a freaky game today. Obviously, it's a tremendous scoreline from a Rangers point of view. I'm still not sure that they're such a strong side though. If Hibs are going to be that shit, you've got to imagine that Rangers will win the league. We'll see, but for most of the first half, it looked like we were watching a poorish 2nd tier side. Even in the second half, it looked more like we were watching one thoroughly demoralised brittle side, rather than another rampant, majestic one. But hey, we won our glorified friendly too.

This wouldn't have been the post you'd made if Queens had won 6-2 at Easter Road.

Monkey forgetting that Rangers have basically got a new side which has barely played together, sticking six goals past the leagues best footballing side isn't to be sniffed at.

From STV

Scott Allan has been the subject of two failed bids from Rangers this week, and the player is now reportedly unhappy over the reneging of a verbal deal with Hibernian.

The playmaker claims that the Easter Road club told him upon signing as a free agent last summer that if a bigger club came calling they would let him leave.

I take it Hibs don't regard Rangers as a bigger team?.

Who cares. Let Hibs keep him.

This, a totally overrated player who has achieved the square root of f**k all.

I wouldn't go that far but in all seriousness Scott Allan is almost 24 and last season was his first season of regular first team football and it was in the Scottish championship.

He has (IMO) been very poorly advised and you'd think he'd have learned his lessons following his acrimonious departure from Dundee United.

I'm getting pissed off about this whole scenario and tbh, Rangers have played an absolute blinder regardless of how much the actually want Allan or not. Part of me thinks they want him just so it weakens us and not because he'll make a massive improvement on their current squad.

Archived