the 15/16 table prediction thread

I think you will be slightly better than you were last year, particularly if Wright re-signs and you get Swanson or an equivalent.

Shorn of McKay, Shinnie and Watkins I think ICT will be weaker and Yogi needs to replace them extremely well. I'm basing that placing on their squad as it is now and my belief they won't be able to get players of that quality back in.

I think Dundee Utd are in reverse but have enough about the squad for top 6 and I think (although you could say hope) we have improved slightly. We've certainly not lost any players of note and although a gamble at least a few of our new additions should come good.

Hearts could be the fly in my ointment but I really do think the gap between divisions is bigger than everyone imagines and those routine wins last year will turn to draws and scrappy defeats to the better teams in the premiership.

That was my thinking, ICT have lost a few key players who they'll struggle to replace with anyone of similar quality. Can see them dropping a few places. I've maybe got it the wrong way round in saying Utd will finish above you, they seem to be on a downward spiral while you've done most of your business early, and it's been impressive signings you've made too. St Johnstone are always there or thereabouts, and I think their consistency will have them ahead of yourselves. With regards to ourselves, I've not been this optimistic ahead of a season for a long time, we've got a good young squad, and I'd imagine we'll make a few quality signings in the correct positions over the next month, so it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Hearts get relegated just for Paulo Sergios breakdown. He's such a little fucking dweeb.

Yeah, that won't be happening again for a long, long time if ever. Gutted for you tbh.

greggy.png

Anyway:

Ra Sellick will again win the league at a canter.

Hamilton should finish bottom and there's every chance Locke will take Kilmarnock down via the play-offs.

Ourselves, the Sheep and probably Dundee, St. Johnstone and Caley will make up the top six.

A first season in a fair while for Dundee United in the bottom six wouldn't surprise me at this point along with Motherwell, Partick and Ross County.

Yeah, that won't be happening again for a long, long time if ever. Gutted for you tbh.

greggy.png

I honestly from the bottom of my heart could not care less if you ever get relegated. I would just laugh like f**k if it did happen.

Yes, we're in for a shock in a division that has clearly changed beyond recognition in the year since we were away. :1eye

When a previously promoted Dundee side, now captained by James McPake makes it into the top six I think that tells you everything you need to know tbh. Nosebleed territory for you though right enough.

There's only one direction this juggernaut of a club is moving and that's certainly not towards struggling with most of the dross that make up this league.

greggy.png

:D

At least my post (where I did state Hearts were the most likely to exceed my expectations) never upset you....

post-32505-14345322479447_thumb.jpg

1. Celtic,
2. Aberdeen, (I really like the business they've done so far and this season is the closest they could come to the top for a while),
3. Hearts,
4. Dundee Utd,
5. Motherwell,

6. Inverness,
7. St Johnstone,

8. Dundee,
9. Partick,
10. Kilmarnock, (utter gash and could quite conceivably be 11th or 12th)
11. Hamilton,
12. Ross County, (released far too many players...again)

Given that past performance is rarely a good guide, I'm surprised ICT are ranked so highly given the loss of Shinnie, Watkins (and McKay).

Think Saints have a stronger squad this time around, though we winged it a bit last year to get fourth. We should certainly be targeting top six though with our squad.

Fucking hell - most have us in the top 6, quite a lot as high as third. I much prefer being underestimated :(

Celtic

Aberdeen

Hearts

St Johnstone

Dundee

Inverness

Dundee United

Motherwell

Ross County

Hamilton

Partick Thistle

Kilmarnock

Obviously basing a lot of this on perception and the players signed/linked with other clubs. Only really St Johnstone and Dundee look anywhere near the finished articles, and even then both have a few players to come. Hearts have a huge number of season tickets, a good squad already and I'd imagine will be able to offer some quality players good contracts. They were excellent against us last pre-season - albeit against a fringe squad - and I think their pace will kill a lot of teams. Motherwell will start slowly but will come away. Not inconceivable and they will make top 6.

Killie seem to be the favourites for the drop. I understand that as we are pish, but I just think Ross County's policy of short term signings and rebuilding over the summer every year is bound to end in disaster at some point. Is it 14 players they let go this year? How do you even start to rebuild in time for the new season every year?

12. Ross County, (released far too many players...again)

Ross County might well finish bottom again, but it won't be due to the turnover of players this time. People said that of Terry Butcher's ICT due to the way he recycled the fringe of the squad, without changing much to the first team.

Of McIntyre's favourite XI at the end of the season (10 wins and two draws from the last 14 with few changes in selection), seven are signed up, one is strongly suggested at coming back, two have been replaced like-for-like, and we are only waiting to hear on a replacement for Paul Quinn. For Ross County's standards it's a pretty settled team. Most encouragingly, Raffa De Vita, Michael Gardyne and Liam Boyce were terrific together in the last quarter of the season and are signed up on two year deals.

I think the trouble will be when they are 'found out' and McIntyre has to try something else. He's not adverse to changing tactics by any stretch but it took him a long time to find the right balance before. The biggest question mark is the centre of the team: will Scott Boyd have a strong centre-back to win the headers? Will Jackson Irvine come back, and if not, who is going to cover the yards? Apart from that I'm pretty happy that County will be competitive in the early parts of the season, for the first time ever.

My prediction:

1. Celtic

2. Aberdeen

3. Heart of Midlothian

4. Dundee

5. St Johnstone

6. Inverness CT

---

7. Dundee United

8. Partick Thistle

9. Motherwell

10. Ross County

11. Hamilton Academical

12. Kilmarnock

I think Hearts' uber-professionalism will give them a consistency in an otherwise indistinguishable middle order. I think ICT will struggle to replace Shinnie and Watkins, although I'm sure Ryan Christie will gladly take on more responsibility. St Johnstone's back five will make sure they're there or thereabouts and I'm sure Dundee will improve. I think Dundee United will be too inconsistent due to the relative inexperience of the players that they're relying on. I also think Hamilton would be certainties for the drop, but as things stand I see enough defensive solidity from Hamilton, and Ali Crawford as a match-winner, that distinguishes them from Kilmarnock.

I honestly from the bottom of my heart could not care less if you ever get relegated. I would just laugh like f**k if it did happen.

That's radical, like.

1. Aberdeen

2. Celtic

3. St Johnstone

4. Hearts

5. Inverness

6. Dundee

7. Dundee Utd

8. Motherwell

9. Partick

10. Ross County

11. Hamilton