Premier League 2015-16

Seemingly Mourinho said something about them not understanding the way football works. He said it to both, but as soon as it made its way to the over feminist "woman in football" shite it instantly became twisted to him screaming at her saying woman dont deserve to be involved in football. Nothing will come of it, apart from Chelsea being forced to hire a female in a different part of the staff, pathetically.

Just me who hates these "campaigns" like getting more women or black mangers into football? Its just pathetic mewling, if you're good enough you'll get hired, so start getting good enough instead of trying to bundle your way in through some fucking loophole.

I think what he actually said was far more specific than that, and I'm amazed he hasn't been brought up on a disrepute charge.

And quite clearly we are seeing a woman being treated differently for doing doing nothing more than her moral duty and her job. A man would not have been forced to resign in such a situation. So it isn't a meritocracy, therefore redemptive action is required.

Irrespective of her sex, there's a case for constructive dismissal here, and that can't simply be dismissed as "feminist shite" or "pathetic mewling".

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that's the same as someone screaming at a ref after a challenge?

Who, the other players or fans?. And it depends on the challenge.

But if you want to generalise all fans and players that believe in fair play into some imaginary group of hypocrisy to justify passing off your acceptance of a player acting like a spoilt brat on you go. Then its possible those that accept this behavour especially when its their own player that does this, scream abuse at an opposition player if that player starts waving an imaginary card.

I'm sure you would get a tad upset if an opposition player behaved like that and succeeded in getting one of your players booked or sent off for what you would regard as a nothing challenge, or would you just applaud him, and say aaaah you got us there, you cheeky chappy you.

Who, the other players or fans?. And it depends on the challenge.

But if you want to generalise all fans and players that believe in fair play into some imaginary group of hypocrisy to justify passing off your acceptance of a player acting like a spoilt brat on you go. Then its possible those that accept this behavour especially when its their own player that does this, scream abuse at an opposition player if that player starts waving an imaginary card.

I'm sure you would get a tad upset if an opposition player behaved like that and succeeded in getting one of your players booked or sent off for what you would regard as a nothing challenge, or would you just applaud him, and say aaaah you got us there, you cheeky chappy you.

I presume that the ref doesn't change his mind based on the opposition player asking for a booking. And yes every football player cheats, I accept that that's not gonna change, because they all want to win

Just me who hates these "campaigns" like getting more women or black mangers into football? Its just pathetic mewling, if you're good enough you'll get hired, so start getting good enough instead of trying to bundle your way in through some fucking loophole.

That's really simplistic and more than a bit naive.

I presume that the ref doesn't change his mind based on the opposition player asking for a booking. And yes every football player cheats, I accept that that's not gonna change, because they all want to win

There's always going to be a difference of opinion on the subject and no two challenges are exactly the same nor are the circumstances, what it comes back to is the need for is a higher level of consistency from match officials. You and I know that on occasion a referee's decision can be influenced by the reaction of players and by the pressure from football fans rather than basing his decision on his own witness or his assistants according to the rules which also can be open to interpretation. Its bad refereeing and as we saw on Saturday the ref got it wrong had a poor game and I believe although it appeared to be overlooked by the ref at the time Costa's card waving added pressure onto the ref which in turn could have led to the referee's brainfarts later on.

Referees should never guess nor make decisions influenced by emotions at the time. You know when the refs lost the plot. I'm sure the likes of Costa knows which referees he can get away with his behaviour, unfortunately for him the cameras catch everything the officials miss and the FA can and did charge him in retrospect for slapping an opponent.

I think what he actually said was far more specific than that, and I'm amazed he hasn't been brought up on a disrepute charge.

And quite clearly we are seeing a woman being treated differently for doing doing nothing more than her moral duty and her job. A man would not have been forced to resign in such a situation. So it isn't a meritocracy, therefore redemptive action is required.

Irrespective of her sex, there's a case for constructive dismissal here, and that can't simply be dismissed as "feminist shite" or "pathetic mewling".

I'm out of greens but this is correct. While you can make charges of tokenism in football, this isn't such a situation.

Anyway, Mourinho's trolling again but in fairness he's spot on with his comments today about Wenger:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11890625/Chelsea-news-Jose-Mourinho-press-conference-live.html

That said it's pretty funny that he's clearly still seething about getting pushed a bit almost a year ago.

• "I think in this country there's only one manager (Wenger) who is never under pressure."
  • "There is only one who manager not on this list. Good for him. Can speak about referees, can push in technical area..."
  • "He can cry before the game, can lose games. Good for him. He cannot achieve, but keeps his job, and can still be the king."

He's not wrong, is he? Wenger can do whatever he likes, up to and including not even coming close to the league title for over a decade (despite being one of the highest-paid managers in the world) and nothing will ever happen to him.

Anyway, Mourinho's trolling again but in fairness he's spot on with his comments today about Wenger:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11890625/Chelsea-news-Jose-Mourinho-press-conference-live.html

That said it's pretty funny that he's clearly still seething about getting pushed a bit almost a year ago.

He's not wrong, is he? Wenger can do whatever he likes, up to and including not even coming close to the league title for over a decade (despite being one of the highest-paid managers in the world) and nothing will ever happen to him.

While you probably can't argue that he's wrong...why is he doing it? Just makes him sound like he's losing it.

Would've been interesting if Fergie was still around. I know it wouldn't have been the same, as Mourinho seems to actually respect him, rather than the disdain he clearly holds for Wenger. I get the feeling Fergie could have caused a Keegan style meltdown with Mourinho in the state he's in now.

While you probably can't argue that he's wrong...why is he doing it? Just makes him sound like he's losing it.

Would've been interesting if Fergie was still around. I know it wouldn't have been the same, as Mourinho seems to actually respect him, rather than the disdain he clearly holds for Wenger. I get the feeling Fergie could have caused a Keegan style meltdown with Mourinho in the state he's in now.

He's always been like this, even when he was winning. I don't think it's because recent results have gone against him.

He's always been like this, even when he was winning. I don't think it's because recent results have gone against him.

Correct. Mourinho always has been, and always will be, a first class c**t.

Yeah, he's always chipped off about something, but he seems to have lost that edge that made it seem like he knew what he was doing. Could of course be that everyone's just got a bit bored of his antics, but just seems a bit sad and bitter to me. Like he's trying to be controversial.

I don't think anyone's disputing that. The reason I posted it was that, p***k or not, he's not actually wrong about Wenger.

edit: was a reply to Desp but the point stands - yes, it's pretty predictable that any question about refs will be pivoted by Mourinho to some complaint or other.

Mourinho isn't acting any different from any time in the last decade. The difference is the way the media are spinning it just now as opposed to previous times due to their performances so far this season. Pretty sure it's a "die the hero or live long enough to become the villain scenario". A Mourinho 'breakdown' (even though he's acting no different to usual) sells copy and gains clicks.

Pretty surprising he's acting this way and getting the media talking about him when his team and players are struggling tbh

He's an attention seeking bawbag and his massive ego cries out for it. Seems to work for him though, media are his puppets.

Archived