Premier League 2015-16

Aye and he was at fucking REAL MADRID 7 months ago what's your point? :lol:

Eta: 2 months!!

Is Zidane a "top manager"? Was Schuster? Ramos?

Madrid are an absolute clusterfuck of an operation who just completely scattergun everything.

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Zidane a "top manager"? Was Schuster? Ramos?

Madrid are an absolute clusterfuck of an operation who just completely scattergun everything.

Zidane is just into management ffs! :lol:

Telling that you picked out those 2, who conveniently sit in between Capello, Pellegrini, Mourinho and Ancelotti... :lol:

This'll be the same 'top' manager who when signed for REAL MADRID was told by the fans he wasn't wanted. Upon having an exceptionally talented squad was chased out after what - 7 months? - and has since been on the heap before being approached by Newcastle. I've no doubt he could get a job at mid table sides, ones getting into the Europa now and again (or even regularly). Just because he won the Champions League with your beloved Liverpool - doesn't make him a top manager.

Benitez is not a top manager. He's a pretty good manager though. He has a decent honours list and has done a good job. It's a bit patchy though, which stops him being a "top" manager. Unless we're really moving the goalposts on what that term actually means.

Zidane is just into management ffs! :lol:

Telling that you picked out those 2, who conveniently sit in between Capello, Pellegrini, Mourinho and Ancelotti... :lol:

My point was that Real Madrid don't exclusively hire "top" managers, so theres no point using that as some evidence that Benitez deserves that tag.

My point was that Real Madrid don't exclusively hire "top" managers, so theres no point using that as some evidence that Benitez deserves that tag.

It was Deeboy who claimed he wasn't because he had just been appointed at Newcastle, I only mentioned Real Madrid because of that.

And love how some people seem to think you can just lose all your managerial skills in ten year.

Klopp is probably the most overrated manager around purely due to the fact he's a great character and he obviously embodied that great season and a half Dortmund had. In his last season though he had an absolute Mourinho-esque nightmare at the club. And before Dortmund his achievements were alright but nothing wonderful.

I'd argue that he's been distinctly average with Liverpool so far although he's obviously not been able to prepare to have a proper crack at it - which will only happen in his first full season. I don't expect wonders though.

Turkmenbashi, on 12 Mar 2016 - 13:33, said:

Over the past 5-6 years Klopp has achieved a lot more.

Benitez won 2 La Ligas, a UEFA Cup, a CL and an FA Cup in the space of four seasons, if you're looking to just pick out timeframes.

Benitez won 2 La Ligas, a UEFA Cup, a CL and an FA Cup in the space of four seasons, if you're looking to just pick out timeframes.

I don't doubt there was a time when Benitez was genuinely a top manager, but over the last few years, which is probably more relevant, he hasn't achieved anything to suggest he still is

Anyone actually watching the game just now? Or just chatting about Newcastle.

I am.

Norwich came onto a bit of a game towards the end of the first half so hopefully they can build on that.

I'm watching the Scottish football as I've more interest in it, but switched over at half time and Norwich were all over City

Archived