Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoke getting 5 points from their last 27?

Not got the easiest of run ins -

Southampton (H)

Watford (A)

Swansea (H)

Liverpool (A)

Tottenham (H)

Man City (A)

Sunderland (H)

Palace (A)

West Ham (H)

Think I had draws with Swansea and Palace and a win over Watford.  Probably going to be unbeaten til season end now!

Surely Newcastle's a daft move though? If he takes it in the summer on the condition of them staying up then fine, but if he takes it now he's risking managing in the second tier when he could easily find a club at a higher level.

He'd definitely be better waiting until the summer for a job to come up at a mid-table club with potential to push for European places year in year out, such as Everton or West Ham. Obviously Newcastle could comfortably become a club of that stature if they do stay up this season, but to take the job while they're 19th would be mental.

I know what you mean but are there any other jobs likely to come up that would suit? Can't see West Ham changing and doubt he'd be accepted at Everton. There's been talk of Pullis walking in the summer but doubt if that would appeal much.

Ashley's obviously desperate so Rafa can virtually demand whatever he wants regarding the structure of the playing side and if he has that relegation clause built in then I can understand his choice. If he keeps them up then his reputation is enhanced and if he doesn't it was all Mclarens fault and he can walk anyway.

£4m a year for Benitez, Newcastle deserve everything they get.

£4 million gets you a top manager or an average player. I know what I'd rather spend it on. 

I'm not actually convinced that Benitez is a good choice to come in and keep them up.

He's never been a players manager. Even players he's gotten the best out of have admitted that they didn't have a great relationship with them. Does that sort of managerial style mix well with players bereft of confidence and fight with about 10 games left to save their season? Will be interesting to see.

At the other end of the table I was thinking what Leicester fans must be feeling right now. Around Christmas and January time they must have been having the time of their lives, but now into March and 5 points clear I'd imagine if I was in their shoes I would be a nervous wreck all through the week between games in anticipation, which wouldn't be enjoyable at all.

I'm not actually convinced that Benitez is a good choice to come in and keep them up.

He's never been a players manager. Even players he's gotten the best out of have admitted that they didn't have a great relationship with them. Does that sort of managerial style mix well with players bereft of confidence and fight with about 10 games left to save their season? Will be interesting to see.

At the other end of the table I was thinking what Leicester fans must be feeling right now. Around Christmas and January time they must have been having the time of their lives, but now into March and 5 points clear I'd imagine if I was in their shoes I would be a nervous wreck all through the week between games in anticipation, which wouldn't be enjoyable at all.

Considerably more enjoyable than fighting relegation.

Considerably more enjoyable than fighting relegation.

Obviously once it's all said and done its a much more enjoyable experience and no matter what happens when they look back at it their fans will have loved every minute of it, but putting myself in their shoes and how i think i'd feel in this situation i'm not sure it would be more enjoyable at the time.

With relegation comes resignment to the fact that your team is shit and are going to lose most weeks.

The situation they are in now is they have the potential to be the biggest achievement in English football history, and the majority of them must be waiting for the dream to end at any moment a lot more than neutral fans are because things like this just don't happen to their team. I imagine if it was me then the nervousness would completely take over my day to day life at this stage of the season especially in the days leading up to games.

Interesting to see how the high flying foxes get on against Benitez and his new charges on Monday night. There are still a lot of duff players at Newcastle. Can they even pick a competent defence? :huh:

Obviously once it's all said and done its a much more enjoyable experience and no matter what happens when they look back at it their fans will have loved every minute of it, but putting myself in their shoes and how i think i'd feel in this situation i'm not sure it would be more enjoyable at the time.

With relegation comes resignment to the fact that your team is shit and are going to lose most weeks.

The situation they are in now is they have the potential to be the biggest achievement in English football history, and the majority of them must be waiting for the dream to end at any moment a lot more than neutral fans are because things like this just don't happen to their team. I imagine if it was me then the nervousness would completely take over my day to day life at this stage of the season especially in the days leading up to games.

Our Leicester friends who are putting us up in April for WH game are loving every minute of the journey.

Archived