Premier League 2015-16

He was already on a two week personal fitness regime. Did they find him nipping off to McDonald's?

Was apparently pictured out drinking and using laughing gas on the night of Villas relegation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/19/gabriel-agbonlahor-pictured-with-laughing-gas-canisters-on-night/

What a total fud.

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That both of the biggest couldn't give a f**k roasters in Villa's most embarrassing season, Agbonlahor and Lescott, are lifelong Villa fans must make it even harder to take for their supporters.

It's fairly obvious where the guy is coming from though, I watched the game on Sunday and as far as quality levels go the game was of a poor standard, there was one genuine bit of quality over the whole 120 minutes of football and loads of shite long balls, poor tackles, misplaced passes. I fully agree the game was exciting but I've played in many exciting ammy games before, excitement doesn't equate to good football and it just so happens the standard of Scottish football is very low.

It's fairly obvious where the guy is coming from though, I watched the game on Sunday and as far as quality levels go the game was of a poor standard, there was one genuine bit of quality over the whole 120 minutes of football and loads of shite long balls, poor tackles, misplaced passes. I fully agree the game was exciting but I've played in many exciting ammy games before, excitement doesn't equate to good football and it just so happens the standard of Scottish football is very low.

Good players/stadiums/fans/competition don't mean a good game of football either. There's hunners of snoozefests in the EPL and up here and there's loads of good games up here and in the EPL, regardless of quality. Are shite long balls/poor tackles and misplaced passes limited to Scottish football? News to me that this doesn't happen in any other league. :rolleyes:

And the standard of Scottish football is poor compared to what??? What standard should it be?

Also, comparing professional football to amateur football... :lol:

Apparently Toby Alderweireld hasn't committed a foul in 600 minutes which frankly amazing in the modern era football. I'd say he's probably been one of  the signings of the season for me, especially when you look at how much City have spent on centre halves in comparison.

Good players/stadiums/fans/competition don't mean a good game of football either. There's hunners of snoozefests in the EPL and up here and there's loads of good games up here and in the EPL, regardless of quality. Are shite long balls/poor tackles and misplaced passes limited to Scottish football? News to me that this doesn't happen in any other league. :rolleyes:

And the standard of Scottish football is poor compared to what??? What standard should it be?

Also, comparing professional football to amateur football... :lol:

I never once said that it does, nor did I deny that games in the EPL/Bundesliga/La Liga don't end up as bad games but you can understand why someone who's just sat through 75 minutes of relatively poor football would rather switch over and see players like Mahrez, Vardy, Payet and co instead of players who are either past it - Brown/Miller or just generally not very good - Foderinghame, Wilson, Boyata as there is a lot more chance of seeing some top level football apposed to the punt and hunt style game the OF was.

It's poor compared to itself and its getting poorer year on year, loads of teams not just the OF had much stronger sides 10-15-20 years ago and it's slowly on the decline, to the point where as much as I love going to rovers games, I see no reason why anyone would want to watch a game of Scottish football unless they are invested in the side (fair enough I'm sure I've read you like Celtic so obviously you would watch that with interest) because the level is so poor compared to most other leaguesyou can watch on TV.

The point of comparing ammy football to pro football was only to illustrate that loads of chances does not mean good football is on show, it could be completely shite but still end to end, but you already knew that anyway.

Better entertainment is in the eye of the beholder.

I'd say both sides of the border have their shit games and good games. People are too quick to talk down both the very second a bad game happens.

I personally haven't seen a more entertaining game this season than when Aberdeen went up to Dingwall and played out a screamer.

That was a brilliant game. Best I've seen the season for sure.

Apparently Toby Alderweireld hasn't committed a foul in 600 minutes which frankly amazing in the modern era football. I'd say he's probably been one of  the signings of the season for me, especially when you look at how much City have spent on centre halves in comparison.

He's been terrific.  I don't know where he came from or how much they spent on him, but he's worth every penny!  Him and Huth would be my two centre halves in a team of the season.

Given the position he plays and against some decent strikers, that is a pretty impressive stat. I posted something similar recently about him possibly being signing of the season. All the media hype is about Kane, Dele Alli, Lamella, and Eriksen, but on the pitch Alderweireld sticks out as much as they do.

They've managed to cut their goals conceded from 53 to 25. They spent well on boosting the squad, Wimmer, Davies and Trippier are excellent back up and they rotated the full backs well. I don't really see who's going to buy any of their players and it being a genuine upgrade to Spurs, Outside of Kane joining Vardy at the Bernabeu of course

He's been terrific.  I don't know where he came from or how much they spent on him, but he's worth every penny!  Him and Huth would be my two centre halves in a team of the season.

They spent £11.5 Million on him from Atletico, which considering he already had a great season at Southampton before is great  business.  You can get about 1/3rd of a Mangala for that.

I never once said that it does, nor did I deny that games in the EPL/Bundesliga/La Liga don't end up as bad games but you can understand why someone who's just sat through 75 minutes of relatively poor football would rather switch over and see players like Mahrez, Vardy, Payet and co instead of players who are either past it - Brown/Miller or just generally not very good - Foderinghame, Wilson, Boyata as there is a lot more chance of seeing some top level football apposed to the punt and hunt style game the OF was.

It's poor compared to itself and its getting poorer year on year, loads of teams not just the OF had much stronger sides 10-15-20 years ago and it's slowly on the decline, to the point where as much as I love going to rovers games, I see no reason why anyone would want to watch a game of Scottish football unless they are invested in the side (fair enough I'm sure I've read you like Celtic so obviously you would watch that with interest) because the level is so poor compared to most other leaguesyou can watch on TV.

The point of comparing ammy football to pro football was only to illustrate that loads of chances does not mean good football is on show, it could be completely shite but still end to end, but you already knew that anyway.

What a lot of nonsense. There's so much wrong with it I just cannot be bothered going into it.

Your sarcastic (and false) Celtic comment aside I PREFER watching Scottish football to English football, regardless of who's playing.

Better players/stadiums/fans and competitions do not necessarily make for good football matches.

I understood what you meant by the amateur comparison, but it's such a ridiculously stupid comparison it's not even worth taking seriously.

What a lot of nonsense. There's so much wrong with it I just cannot be bothered going into it.

Your sarcastic (and false) Celtic comment aside I PREFER watching Scottish football to English football, regardless of who's playing.

Better players/stadiums/fans and competitions do not necessarily make for good football matches.

I understood what you meant by the amateur comparison, but it's such a ridiculously stupid comparison it's not even worth taking seriously.

Okay great points there :rolleyes:

For the record I actually thought you liked Celtic after seeing quite a few posters mention it and your love of all things Scott Brown, I didn't realise you didn't actually have a soft spot for them, my apologies on that one.

Okay great points there :rolleyes:

For the record I actually thought you liked Celtic after seeing quite a few posters mention it and your love of all things Scott Brown, I didn't realise you didn't actually have a soft spot for them, my apologies on that one.

I had made all my points in previous posts.

It was a ridiculous thing for P45 to say in the 1st place. Jimmy Boo and Mastermind say shite like that all the time so no one really notices but it really was pish poor.

Basically saying that every single EPL game is better than any Scottish game is best left to the minority of dafties who'd have you believe that in the English media.

Archived