Premier League 2015-16

Honest_Man#1, on 19 Apr 2016 - 15:58, said:Honest_Man#1, on 19 Apr 2016 - 15:58, said:

That was a brilliant game. Best I've seen the season for sure.

I was going mental watching it, despite not giving a f**k about either team. :lol: It was almost literally end to end in the first half. One team attacks, the other attacks and just repeat for 45 minutes. Felt like it was dying down at the start of the 2nd half and then it went mental again.

I do get the point about standard of football. And I'm not going to sit here and argue that the standard of football up here is as good as it is in England, as it just blatantly isn't. But football is ultimately entertainment for the vast majority, so if someone is more entertained by the OF than what followed with Leicester/West Ham, then fair fucks. Who is anyone to say they should think different?

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going mental watching it, despite not giving a f**k about either team. :lol: It was almost literally end to end in the first half. One team attacks, the other attacks and just repeat for 45 minutes. Felt like it was dying down at the start of the 2nd half and then it went mental again.

I do get the point about standard of football. And I'm not going to sit here and argue that the standard of football up here is as good as it is in England, as it just blatantly isn't. But football is ultimately entertainment for the vast majority, so if someone is more entertained by the OF than what followed with Leicester/West Ham, then fair fucks. Who is anyone to say they should think different?

Absolutely. You'll get people who argue that the Scottish Premiership is as good as the English Chanpionship in terms of standard when it blatantly isn't, but in terms of actual entertainment any game can be just as good as any other.

I must admit I do get a bit bored of the whole "Best league in the world lololololololol" everytime there's one crap game in the PL, usually between two pishy teams in the bottom half. Admittedly Man U v Chelsea is almost always a terrible game now and has been for the last five years or so. But that's one fixture and it doesn't apply across the board.

If you look purely at league tables the PL could probably be judged to have been the best watch this season out of all the top european leagues. If it wasnt for Atletico La Liga would just be a glorified Scottish Premiership, and Bayern Munich keep buying all the best players in Germany to prevent any sort of serious challenge.

Carl Cort's Hamstring, on 19 Apr 2016 - 18:51, said:

A lot of folk defending Scottish football on the grounds that "entertainment and quality aren't the same thing" were absolutely panning the women's world cup in the summer for being a poor standard.

I didn't find much of it very entertaining either. If I did, I'd say so.

FWIW I think the Premier League is probably the most enjoyable league in the world to watch, but I don't know if that makes it the best.

Women's football is less enjoyable than schoolboy football. Probably because none of them know how to defend.

FWIW I think the Premier League is probably the most enjoyable league in the world to watch, but I don't know if that makes it the best.

Women's football is less enjoyable than schoolboy football. Probably because none of them know how to defend.

Depends what you like. Personally I think La Liga is the most enjoyable league to watch by a country mile, often dodge EPL games and regularly switch them off, rarely dodge a La Liga game and never turn one off. Its much more watchable imo.

I must admit I do get a bit bored of the whole "Best league in the world lololololololol" everytime there's one crap game in the PL, usually between two pishy teams in the bottom half. Admittedly Man U v Chelsea is almost always a terrible game now and has been for the last five years or so. But that's one fixture and it doesn't apply across the board.

If you look purely at league tables the PL could probably be judged to have been the best watch this season out of all the top european leagues. If it wasnt for Atletico La Liga would just be a glorified Scottish Premiership, and Bayern Munich keep buying all the best players in Germany to prevent any sort of serious challenge.

The top three in La Liga would finish 123 in the EPL easily.

So you can say glorified this or that but the fact is its just better, it has better teams and they play better football. If you like football La Liga is clearly a better league in every way.

Foderinghame, Wilson, Boyata as there is a lot more chance of seeing some top level football apposed to the punt and hunt style game the OF was.

You obviously didn't watch the game. Rangers played about as far away from a punt and hunt game as you're ever likely to see. Wilson was actually very impressive, as was Rangers' whole back line in the way they played the ball out from the back and Boyata was only on for about 15 minutes before being replaced by Sviatchenko, who absolutely strolled the game in another impressive performance.

The top three in La Liga would finish 123 in the EPL easily.

So you can say glorified this or that but the fact is its just better, it has better teams and they play better football. If you like football La Liga is clearly a better league in every way.

I'm not saying they wouldn't. If you enjoy watching Real and Barca humping teams 6-0 every week then that's fine.

I'm not saying they wouldn't. If you enjoy watching Real and Barca humping teams 6-0 every week then that's fine.

They don't though. People who come out with this pish obviously just don't watch La Liga.

If you enjoy watching Sunderland take 8 off Southampton then you go for it.

They're only humping teams 6-0 because they're the best in the world.   Rest assured the rest of La Liga isn't worst than the Premiership.   Barca or Real would pump Aston Villa, Norwich etc 6-0.  

For me the most disappointing league right now is the Championship in England.   I've watched quite a bit of it ( as I only have SKY, no BT)  and the watchability is worse than the SPL.   Its low quality and low atmosphere. 

79 points will probably be enough for Leicester to win the league, which they'll reach by winning both home games. Spurs look unstoppable at times but they'll inevitably drop points against either Chelsea or Southampton.

#ShinjiOkazakiIsHavingAParty

79 points will probably be enough for Leicester to win the league, which they'll reach by winning both home games. Spurs look unstoppable at times but they'll inevitably drop points against either Chelsea or Southampton.

#ShinjiOkazakiIsHavingAParty

Sounds about right to me.

Archived