Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Sanchez there, gave it away, chased back, won it back in his own box. Even though he's clearly spent.

Think arsenal fans will be lenient on any dip of form from Sanchez due to his work rate, unlike Ozil who was crucified when he struggled for a period last season.

You look at the Arsenal team and think they could do with a few fresh faces, but it's unclear where as they do actually have a decent amount of quality in all positions.

Ozil remains a standout for Arsenal. Cazorla and Ramsey were hilariously bad, lucky for them Girouds there to take the flak.

If you take all the matches played so far you have to look at Man City for the title. None of the others look close to their form.

Yep, they're my picks for the league too.

What a great job Pellegrini's done over the summer. Defence looks fantastic this year, big transformation from the shambles it was last year. Great manager.

Ozil looked good tonight. Thought the movement from Giroud was very poor all night - almost static a lot of the time. As already stated aside from the disallowed goal I thought Ramsey was awful.

Clean sheets all round for the fantasy league though. Takes me over 50 for the week.

If you take all the matches played so far you have to look at Man City for the title. None of the others look close to their form.

Definitely. Looked superb so far. Had three difficult games so far (Pulis sides away can often be tough, even if West Brom weren't), and they've managed to win comfortably in all of them. Toure had a fairly average season last year, so him suddenly hitting some of his best form again is definitely helping them.

Only problem is that I expect they'll probably hit a few poor patches during the season. They usually have periods where they'll look sublime and guaranteed to win the title, followed by ones where they struggle and drop a good few points. Still, if Chelsea don't really improve at all then it's hard to see past City for the title over the course of the season since Arsenal or United don't look like potential title winners right now.

I heard this described as a "thrilling draw"

I agree most of the 0-0's in that league are described as such, however, I actually really enjoyed that game that night.

Some of the passing and movement from the Arsenal players is superb to watch, and i'll never tire of watching Coutinho play football. An absolutely brilliant player.

Neither side will be anywhere remotely close to the title, of course.

Liverpool took a lot of stick (rightly and wrongly) for their transfer business post-Suarez but this summer's has been excellent.

Benteke, Clyne and Milner have all greatly strengthened weaknesses from last season. Gomez a huge surprise, Firmino will replace Sterling when up to full speed. Ings and Origi mean good depth in strikers (something most other top 6 teams lack).

Most importantly of all though, it was all completed weeks before the season started.

I agree Liverpool have bought well. Certainly the fact you players you first mentioned (Benteke, Clyne, Milner) all have PL experience, that will help.

Whether it's enough for them to break into the Top 4, I have my doubts. I would expect Man Utd to bring in one, if not two, big names before the end of August, and I think Arsenal will pull a big name out of the bag as well to ensure the Top 4 remains the same as last season.

I think Liverpool should be aiming for a real go in the Europa League this season. Even it hits them in the league slightly (they'll still have more than enough to finish Top 6), they certainly have a great chance of winning it, and with a Champions League place as the prize, it could be worth the gamble.

watched the offside goal again from ramsey, i still dont think he is off, thats 2 big offside calls in liverpools favour in two weeks

Surely when it's a marginal call the benefit of the doubt goes with the attacker? Or is that another bullshit law that's never applied?

Surely when it's a marginal call the benefit of the doubt goes with the attacker? Or is that another bullshit law that's never applied?

i thought that was just a guideline, not a rule, i thought the linesmen were told "if any doubt, dont flag" clearly last night the linesman was in full agreement that ramsey was offside, which was a lot of shite given he was on imo

that goal goes in i think we get another 3 in the game

John Stones has just put in a transfer request at Everton.

Also, posted this on the Rumours thread, but think it's worth mentioning here as well...Spurs have put in a £22 million bid for Saido Behraino.

Just let that sink in for a second...

£22 million for Saido Behraino...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

22 fucking million for Saido Behraino.

Shark jumped.

John Stones has just put in a transfer request at Everton.

Also, posted this on the Rumours thread, but think it's worth mentioning here as well...Spurs have put in a £22 million bid for Saido Behraino.

Just let that sink in for a second...

£22 million for Saido Behraino...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

22 fucking million for Saido Behraino.

Shark jumped.

What's more amazing is that it was rejected.

Archived