Yet another US shooting

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I have the freedom to not die because I don’t have to worry about paying huge medical bills.
If i was a woman I would have the freedom to have an abortion if I had been raped etc.
I had the freedom to go to university and receive a free education.
I have the freedom to not allow religious zealots to dictate what I can and can’t do or who I can or can’t marry.
And no I can’t buy one in Asda, but given we actually have pretty much a very reasonable system of checks I am still free to own a rifle or shotgun so long as I follow some pretty simple regulations.
Yep i’d say we’re pretty free here.

I'm a normal person and have a job, and I don't live in the Appalachian mountains so that doesn't really apply to me either.

41 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Americans cling on to guns as if it represents their ‘freedom’, think they need to realise that they aren’t as free as they think. Ive got more freedom as a Scot.

Most of the overtly pro-gun nuts I've seen interviewed tend to be overweight, balding middle-aged males for whom owning semi-automatic military-grade weapons appears to be some sort of consolation for the fact that their harridan stepford wives can no longer bear to be touched by them. 

The rest seem to be conspiracy nuts who think giving up guns will immediately result in a tyrannical government/russian invasion/second war of independence with George IV. 

Utter joke of a country.

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I was surprised how much he was getting for what is basically a janitor with a gun, minus the cleaning duties. Think I read it was around $75,000, over $100,000 including overtime. More than a teacher probably. Doubt if pointless suicide is in the contract though.

That's petty good wedge for a guy who probably expected to do f**k all, ever

11 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Most of the overtly pro-gun nuts I've seen interviewed tend to be overweight, balding middle-aged males for whom owning semi-automatic military-grade weapons appears to be some sort of consolation for the fact that their harridan stepford wives can no longer bear to be touched by them. 

The rest seem to be conspiracy nuts who think giving up guns will immediately result in a tyrannical government/russian invasion/second war of independence with George IV. 

Utter joke of a country.

Yeah, the fact is that ownership of a weapon is in fact compensating for inadequacies makes the chance of banning them even more remote.

On 2/21/2018 at 17:18, The Moonster said:

The Nazi's enjoyed doing them to be fair. The Gleiwitz incident and Operation Himmler both carried out by the Nazi's. Israel's defence minister was forced to resign over the Lavon Affair which was a failed false flag attack.

Those incidents have pretty strong evidence to support the idea they were false flags, but other than Operation Northwoods in the USA (which in the end was aborted) I don't see much evidence other than what a tin foil hat wearing morons think up on Youtube. It's daft to suggest every incident is planned by the government, but it's also naive to suggest they've never happened. Evidence of recent attacks aren't very credible though.

There have been many more than that:

Operation Embarrass

2001 Anthrax Attacks

Those are just two confirmed cases of it.

22 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

There have been many more than that:

Operation Embarrass

2001 Anthrax Attacks

Those are just two confirmed cases of it.

The first one was secret sabotage where they were trying not to get found out. They did set up a fictitious organisation to claim responsibility, but if they wanted a false flag operation against the settlers they would have committed some atrocity and blamed it on the settlers.

All the evidence in the second one points to a disgruntled government scientist who topped himself before going to trial. That's not one either, certainly not confirmed.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The first one was secret sabotage where they were trying not to get found out. They did set up a fictitious organisation to claim responsibility, but if they wanted a false flag operation against the settlers they would have committed some atrocity and blamed it on the settlers.

All the evidence in the second one points to a disgruntled government scientist who topped himself before going to trial. That's not one either, certainly not confirmed.

I bet you think Oswald shot Kennedy too.  That's as clear a case of a patsy as you'll see.  And what evidence?  Have you looked into it?  Of course not, what you mean is you're happy to accept what you're told as it's much easier than the alternative.

You never did answer about Syria.  Assad wasn't responsible.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I bet you think Oswald shot Kennedy too.  That's as clear a case of a patsy as you'll see.  And what evidence?  Have you looked into it?  Of course not, what you mean is you're happy to accept what you're told as it's much easier than the alternative.

You never did answer about Syria.  Assad wasn't responsible.

How do you know?

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How do you know?

That's my opinion based on a cross section of information.  I have heard the Russians, British, Americans, various groups in Syria regime and otherwise and my judgement based on the logic of whether it would be in his interests to do so, as well as some independent observers like the ex UK ambassador.

My considered opinion is no way Assad was involved, and the British and American governments are lying when they said he was and attempted to use it as a pretext for escalation.  Just like wmd in Iraq, we were lying there too.

You haven't given your opinion.

5 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

That's my opinion based on a cross section of information.  I have heard the Russians, British, Americans, various groups in Syria regime and otherwise and my judgement based on the logic of whether it would be in his interests to do so, as well as some independent observers like the ex UK ambassador.

My considered opinion is no way Assad was involved, and the British and American governments are lying when they said he was and attempted to use it as a pretext for escalation.  Just like wmd in Iraq, we were lying there too.

My opinion is you're either a massive wind up merchant, or a complete and utter moron. I'm betting on the latter. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

My opinion is you're either a massive wind up merchant, or a complete and utter moron. I'm betting on the latter. 

Nobody was talking to you.  It's astonishing after Iraq that people like you think oh our government wouldn't lie to us though.  I mean how gullible can people be.  

13 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I think it equally likely that a frazzled Syrian commander ordered an attack, possibly maneuvering against Assad out of anger due to casualties suffered by the Syrian Army and thinking he was too soft; or the Saudis and/or other Gulf states provided the tech and paid an Al Quaeda linked group to do it to hopefully bring the Americans into the war in a big way. I don't think the UN found anything conclusive about the source. In other words, I don't know. Neither do you.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Nobody was talking to you.  It's astonishing after Iraq that people like you think oh our government wouldn't lie to us though.  I mean how gullible can people be.  

It's an open forum, you fucking roaster. You're talking to everyone and anyone who wants to reply. 

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think it equally likely that a frazzled Syrian commander ordered an attack, possibly maneuvering against Assad out of anger due to casualties suffered by the Syrian Army and thinking he was too soft; or the Saudis and/or other Gulf states provided the tech and paid an Al Quaeda linked group to do it to hopefully bring the Americans into the war in a big way. I don't think the UN found anything conclusive about the source. In other words, I don't know. Neither do you.

Come on man that's some serious mental gymnastics you're performing to concoct a frankly absurd and very far fetched story to satisfy your preconceptions. 

Nobody knows anything, you don't know the Berlin wall came down unless you saw it.  You make judgements based on the information available.  Your and most people's mistake is to assume we're somehow special and only our governments and Medi wouldn't lie to us.  Despite so much historical evidence to the contrary too.

11 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Come on man that's some serious mental gymnastics you're performing to concoct a frankly absurd and very far fetched story to satisfy your preconceptions. 

Nobody knows anything, you don't know the Berlin wall came down unless you saw it.  You make judgements based on the information available.  Your and most people's mistake is to assume we're somehow special and only our governments and Medi wouldn't lie to us.  Despite so much historical evidence to the contrary too.

Your mistake is to believe everything you want to believe, never mind the source. What would the US or British Government have to gain by dropping chemical bombs on Syria and blaming it on Assad? It's not like they have shed loads of oil.

P.S. Which theory do you find more absurd and why?

Edited by welshbairn