Yet another US shooting

Really depends on what sort of hotel you stay in, where you eat and what you do, you can have the blackpool vegas experience or a decent holiday, I just think its worth seeing atleast once.

I suppose you're right. I just got a bit stressed by it all. I don't like "the shows", thought most places off The Strip were hellish, and couldn't really hack the bright lights.
On the plus side, I was there midweek so 5* hotel was practically pennies. And it was a good stop-off on the drive out to where we were staying over by the Grand Canyon , and then Monument Valley etc.

1 hour ago, milton75 said:

I agree on NY, California, etc., but skip Vegas. It's a dump.

I know someone who goes most years. When in the UK he favours Blackpool. Speaks volumes.

Talks a lot, does he?

2 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Really depends on what sort of hotel you stay in, where you eat and what you do, you can have the blackpool vegas experience or a decent holiday, I just think its worth seeing atleast once.

I point blank refuse to go. Primarily because every one goes on about how much I'll love it. It's like the vegan joke. How do you know some one has been to Vegas? They'll tell you.

It'll be shite and I'm not going!

Both Shootings that were done by the police were completely unjustified, Alton Sterling, while he was a criminal and did have a gun he was restrained in such a way that it is highly unlikely he could have ever withdrew the gun and used it. Then we have the second shooting, of Philando Castile, a innocent man. While he was carrying, he was fully registered and made the circumstances clear, he was asked by the officer to show him his registration in regards to the firearm and his license to carry, then the officer discharged his weapon killing the man.

Now the response to this, the murder of 5 police officers is just as unjustified. Its completely clear that there is a issue within the police, killing them is not the answer.

21 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Hmm I just like it as a couple of nights to break up my travel through the rest of the country, theres something cool (not in temperature though) about driving through the desert in a mustang convertible and seeing the vegas lights etc, its pretty cool if thats your kinda thing. Its by no means my fave place in the states but its got something for everyone, plus its got in n out burger so im happy!

Anyway you'll go and you'll love it! thats an order sgt!

Right I'll go, but I won't like it and I'm not going out. You do what you like.

1 hour ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Both Shootings that were done by the police were completely unjustified, Alton Sterling, while he was a criminal and did have a gun he was restrained in such a way that it is highly unlikely he could have ever withdrew the gun and used it. Then we have the second shooting, of Philando Castile, a innocent man. While he was carrying, he was fully registered and made the circumstances clear, he was asked by the officer to show him his registration in regards to the firearm and his license to carry, then the officer discharged his weapon killing the man.

Now the response to this, the murder of 5 police officers is just as unjustified. Its completely clear that there is a issue within the police, killing them is not the answer.

No killing police is definitely not the answer, but as has already been said its not surprised that it's started to happen.  Maybe the surprising thing is that it's not happened previously.

One thing that has struck me in the past about incidents where the police have shot folk is the number of police and sheriff officers who are ex military.  There seems to be a relatively high proportion.  I wonder if there willingness to open fire is in any way related to that fact.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/07/08/confirmed-philando-castile-was-an-armed-robbery-suspect-false-media-narrative-now-driving-cop-killings/

Saint Anthony, MN, Police Officers Jeronimo Yanez and Joseph Kauser pulled over Mr. Castile and Ms. Reynolds because the driver, Philando Castile, matched the suspect profile in an armed robbery which occurred on July 2nd, at a convenience store, only a few blocks from where their car was pulled over.

suspect MN 1suspect mn 2suspect mn 3

The armed robbery occurred on July 2nd 7:30pm (Sat).  The CCTV images were given to media and LEO by detectives on July 5th (Tuesday).  A BOLO (Be On Look Out) alert was issued the same day, Tuesday July 5th.  Philando Castile was pulled over on July 6th.

From the radio dispatch of Officer Jeronimo Yanez:

I’m going to stop a car. I’m going to check IDs.  I have reason to pull it over.”

The two occupants just look like people that were involved in a robbery. The driver looks more like one of our suspects, just ‘cause of the wide set nose.” 

A minute and a half later, the recording captures the first report that there was a shooting. (link)

Just watched the Philando Castile shooting, it was on the BBC new website to thankfully they blurred out the dead body, the video doesnt show the shooting itself but the immediate aftermath. The Girlfriend is strangely calm while recording it all, dunno if thats the first thing id think to do but if we didnt have this footage its likely the facts would be covered up to save face. The Officer seems unusually aggrivated. The way she describes the situation is that it was a routine pull over, for what she throught was a busted tail light. The officer asked Mr Castile for his licence and ID, so Castile made him aware he was licensed to carry a firearm, that he had the firearm on him and that he would reach into his pocket to retrieve his ID and driving licence, along with the licence allowing him to carry a firearm and as Castile reached for his wallet as he had been instructed that the officer reached for his gun and fired four shots into Castiles chest, immediately killing him. There was a child in the car, his Girlfriend was sitting beside him and from the accounts Castile did exactly as he was instructed with no provokation or signs of intent and for this he was executed. The Officer, Jeronimo Yanez has not been seen since the shooting, but his partner Joseph Kauser was seen after being placed on leave and he seemed perfectly normal, that is he didnt seem concerned over what had taken place, just getting on with his life.

Jeronimo Yanez, from the pictures ive seen of him seems of hispanic descent, so i dont know if you can label it as white cop unjustly kills black man, but theres no denying that the death is completely unjustified.

Times like this remind me how glad i am Police here dont carry firearms on a day to day basis and that as a whole, gun crime is very rare.

45 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

I dont think it would have happened like this in the UK, or indeed any of the other european cities/australia etc where carrying firearms is legal, look at Canada just to the north of america. Its madness. I personally would never want to be armed. I know plenty other folks who wouldnt want it either.

Agreed - just from reading your posts, I definitely wouldn't want you to be armed.

1 hour ago, kilbowie2002 said:

I dont think it would have happened like this in the UK, or indeed any of the other european cities/australia etc where carrying firearms is legal, look at Canada just to the north of america. Its madness. I personally would never want to be armed. I know plenty other folks who wouldnt want it either.

I grew up loving action films and guns, love playing shooters etc, but the idea of actually owning a gun never crossed my mind, I honestly think for alot of American's the reality of owning something that can kill people with ease actually sinks in.

53 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Ive never claimed to have a good sense of humour or anything of the sort. Just for the record id never want me with a gun either, i cant even change a lightbulb properly.

Oh, you can maybe settle this then? How many policemen does it take to change a lightbulb?

27 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Oh, you can maybe settle this then? How many policemen does it take to change a lightbulb?

None, they ask a friendly Brazilian electrician to do it.:whistle

5 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

They don't need to, a bizzie copper fuzz will illuminate by itself. :ph34r:

Coat etc.

5 hours ago, sjc said:

Shouldn't there just be a "All your US shootings in here" thread?

We can go one further and have an all embracing thread entitled 'Why the U.S. is completely fucked up and why it should worry us'.

We can then discuss systemic racism, indiscriminate shooting, the influence of sky fairyism, the death penalty for mentaly disturbed individuals and just how the f*ck someone like Donald Trump can secure a Presidential nomination.

The 'why it should worry us' part can concentrate on the fact that there are still politicians in this country that hold the U.S. as a model for the sort of society they want to impose on the U.K.

Edited by Granny Danger

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We can go one further and have an all embracing thread entitled 'Why the U.S. is completely fucked up and why it should worry us'.

We can then discuss systemic racism, indiscriminate shooting, the influence of sky fairyism, the death penalty for mentaly disturbed individuals and just how the f*ck someone like Donald Trump can secure a Presidential nomination.

The 'why it should worry us' part can concentrate on the fact that there are still politicians in this country that hold the U.S. as a model for the sort of society they want to impose on the U.K.

death_to_america_hamas.gif