BT Sport

Stu

A heads up that if you get BT Sport for free because you have their broadband you're going to start getting charged a fiver a month from August 1. You have to opt out, rather than opt in, at which point you'll be downgraded to BT Sport Lite which only gets you BT Sport 1. The FA Cup will be on another channel and the Champions League on a new channel they're launching.

If you have BT TV you'll still get it for free, however I think you have to renew that contract now and will be signed up for another 18 months.

I phoned them threatening to cancel in the hope they'd offer me something, especially as new customers can get BT Infinity for half the price of an existing customer, but they weren't having it. May just upgrade to Infinity and get the basic TV as well as it would cost the same as keeping the sport and at least I'd be getting something out of it. Is BT worth having?

Apologies if this should be in the e-chat forum rather than TV, mods can move it if they wish.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A heads up that if you get BT Sport for free because you have their broadband you're going to start getting charged a fiver a month from August 1. You have to opt out, rather than opt in, at which point you'll be downgraded to BT Sport Lite which only gets you BT Sport 1. The FA Cup will be on another channel and the Champions League on a new channel they're launching.

If you have BT TV you'll still get it for free, however I think you have to renew that contract now and will be signed up for another 18 months.

I phoned them threatening to cancel in the hope they'd offer me something, especially as new customers can get BT Infinity for half the price of an existing customer, but they weren't having it. May just upgrade to Infinity and get the basic TV as well as it would cost the same as keeping the sport and at least I'd be getting something out of it. Is BT worth having?

Apologies if this should be in the e-chat forum rather than TV, mods can move it if they wish.

I got the same email last week. Cant say Im bothered about the FA Cup and Im not that fussed about CL. Do BT still have EPL games next season?

I got the same email last week. Cant say Im bothered about the FA Cup and Im not that fussed about CL. Do BT still have EPL games next season?

Yeah, their EPL stuff and the Scottish games will be on BT Sport 1. Dunno how much English stuff they have from next season though.

Had this since it came in, and I really like it.

Can't see me paying for it though, especially as the EPL and Euro football mean heehaw to me.

Not had the email in question though, so I'll wait until that turns up before digesting it.

£5 a month for SPFL, EPL, FA Cup, Champions League, Europa League, Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1 is exceptional value. If this was a new channel that hadn't previously been free then I don't think there would be as many complaints. I notice they are also showing 12 CL and 14 EL games free to air for those without the full package, showing every British team once apparently.

They may need to amend this though

1j8bhv.png

£5 a month for SPFL, EPL, FA Cup, Champions League, Europa League, Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1 is exceptional value. If this was a new channel that hadn't previously been free then I don't think there would be as many complaints. I notice they are also showing 12 CL and 14 EL games free to air for those without the full package, showing every British team once apparently.

Its not really when the SPFL and EPL, and possibly some of the other stuff, is free. As I said, if you want HD channels, and who doesnt these days, its £9 a month

Its not really when the SPFL and EPL, and possibly some of the other stuff, is free. As I said, if you want HD channels, and who doesnt these days, its £9 a month

Phone them up and you'll get your HD free for 3 months. If you ask really nicely you'll get your BT Sport extra for half price for 6 months.

Pretty cheesed off with the opt out rather than opt in approach tbh. Email never even made it to my primary inbox.

Anyway, the one which I (eventually) got and the cancellation page are pasted below FYI, but it seems that the (really not great) deal is at least £5pm just for Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup, Rugby Champions Cup, MotoGP & Ultimate Fighting:

post-13234-0-02712300-1434652368_thumb.p

Hello,

This season BT Sport is the only place you'll be able to watch the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League live. They're no longer on Sky Sports or ITV.

Your BT Sport Pack

You'll find both competitions on BT Sport Europe. It's a brand new channel in your BT Sport Pack, which already includes Barclays Premier League football, The FA Cup, MotoGP™ and European rugby.

If you do nothing, your BT Sport Pack will cost £5 a month from 1 August 2015.

With the BT Sport Pack you'll have access to our new-look BT Sport app, which has extra features to make watching the UEFA Champions League even better. See all of the games live, catch up on every highlight and never miss a minute of the action with our great new player features.

BT Sport Lite

If you want to keep watching BT Sport for free, you can downgrade to BT Sport Lite – our basic pack with access to BT Sport 1 only. But you would miss out on the UEFA Champions League, The FA Cup, European rugby, MotoGP™ and much more.

1j8bhv.png

will serie a,ligue 1 and bundesliga still be there next year?find it suspicious they don't mention it whilst bumming themselves up

I get it through Virgin Media free, no idea if this news will change that.

Me too and certainly had no communication from Virgin to confirm it either way.

I had the full BT infinity package and TV, it was pish. I tried to cancel it the same day it was installed as I had been miss sold and was told tough there is no cooling off period. Sales rep on the phone told me we would get movies etc bit when it was connected all movies had a price beside them. When I called up I was told "he never said you got them free he said you have access to". b*****d.

By the time I added on the packages I thought we had for free my monthly bill went from £45 to £72. We also got no free evening and weekend calls etc. Just an awful service.

Finally got out of that contract and called sky. I know have the unlimited sky package in HD and Internet for £46 a month including line rental. I have no idea how I got it so cheap but I wasn't complaining!

They've put the price up to £19.99 per month on a Sky box add onto that £4 for HD, and if you want say both your boxes to have BT Sport (if you have two) another fiver. A quid short of £30 per month.

Has this not put the price pretty much the same as Sky Sports on Sky?

Archived