BT Sport

Stu

Apparently, according to another forum, the current Virgin - Bt deal expires at the end of next season (2015-16) so we should all get the 1st year of BT doing the champions league free with our XL bundle.

It's then down to pricing to see if that remains the case.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've put the price up to £19.99 per month on a Sky box add onto that £4 for HD, and if you want say both your boxes to have BT Sport (if you have two) another fiver. A quid short of £30 per month.

Has this not put the price pretty much the same as Sky Sports on Sky?

I noticed they were upping the price to £20 - good luck with that! Can't see many folk who have Sky and no BT Broadband paying for that.

Had another look last night. Was about to sign up to Infinity + BT TV for £23 a month on an 18 month deal, however it looks like that will go up to £27 a month for the final six months as the TV part is only free for 12 months. Admittedly an advisor did tell me I could cancel that part after 12 months and keep my Infinity.

Think I'll stick with my current broadband and add BT TV to that. Will cost the same apart from some nonsense activation fee and the postage for the YouView box. Anyone got any experience of that? It looks crap. No wi-fi, so I'll need to move my router to beside the TV, and it's basically a Freeview box (already have a Freeview recorder) with internet in it so you can get BT Sport etc.

I noticed they were upping the price to £20 - good luck with that! Can't see many folk who have Sky and no BT Broadband paying for that.

Had another look last night. Was about to sign up to Infinity + BT TV for £23 a month on an 18 month deal, however it looks like that will go up to £27 a month for the final six months as the TV part is only free for 12 months. Admittedly an advisor did tell me I could cancel that part after 12 months and keep my Infinity.

Think I'll stick with my current broadband and add BT TV to that. Will cost the same apart from some nonsense activation fee and the postage for the YouView box. Anyone got any experience of that? It looks crap. No wi-fi, so I'll need to move my router to beside the TV, and it's basically a Freeview box (already have a Freeview recorder) with internet in it so you can get BT Sport etc.

This is what they did with the original deal, isnt it? Advertised free BT Sport with BT broadband but that turned out to only be for 12 months where the broadband contract was for 18. I've had to sign up to another 18 months of broadband just to downgrade to BT Sport lite. I dont mind too much as Infinity is a million times better than Skys fibre and theres no other options around here.

You might be better off with a Chromecast to watch BT Sport on the TV, if you have an Android phone or tablet

They've put the price up to £19.99 per month on a Sky box add onto that £4 for HD, and if you want say both your boxes to have BT Sport (if you have two) another fiver. A quid short of £30 per month.

Has this not put the price pretty much the same as Sky Sports on Sky?

With no offers, Sky Sports is £25.50 a month on top of a TV package (minimum £20 a month). I think it's also available standalone, but for not much less than £45.50 - Sky keep that option very well hidden.

I currently pay £21.50 a month for BT in HD on two boxes. I don't mind paying that for their SPFL coverage (it's basically the equivalent of an extra away game per month). I'm trying to weigh up whether or not an extra £7.50 is worth it for the Champions' League, especially since I'm not getting an equivalent reduction to the Sky subscription.

This is what they did with the original deal, isnt it? Advertised free BT Sport with BT broadband but that turned out to only be for 12 months where the broadband contract was for 18. I've had to sign up to another 18 months of broadband just to downgrade to BT Sport lite. I dont mind too much as Infinity is a million times better than Skys fibre and theres no other options around here.

You might be better off with a Chromecast to watch BT Sport on the TV, if you have an Android phone or tablet

I can screencast (or whatever the right term is) BT Sport on my phone onto my fancy telly. Seems to work quite well. Looks like the YouView box I'd be getting would be a fairly small one and I can move the router nearer the TV so will probably do that.

I'm with Sky and called BT to cancel BT Sports last month and they offered it to me for half price for 12 months, which started a new 12 month contract. I accepted this but the sneaky c**ts didn't tell me it would be increasing to £19.99 plus the HD charge. (For some reason I thought the European stuff would be an odd on). It means that once you add on HD, I'm effectively going to be paying what I was before even with the discount still applied. It's past the 14 days so I can't cancel unless I want to be charged £14.50 for every month left on the contract, which I obviously don't want to do.

Do I have a case for being mis-sold here?

I'm with Sky and called BT to cancel BT Sports last month and they offered it to me for half price for 12 months, which started a new 12 month contract. I accepted this but the sneaky c**ts didn't tell me it would be increasing to £19.99 plus the HD charge. (For some reason I thought the European stuff would be an odd on). It means that once you add on HD, I'm effectively going to be paying what I was before even with the discount still applied. It's past the 14 days so I can't cancel unless I want to be charged £14.50 for every month left on the contract, which I obviously don't want to do.

Do I have a case for being mis-sold here?

They would have sent terms and conditions so I doubt it.

• 1 month later...

Been hit for a D/D this month from BT Sport for £32 odd quid. That's up from £21.50 for a Sky box and your other SKY box if you have one.

I think it's to go to £29 next month, but it's now £3.50 more than SKY Sports per month.

Don't know if I will keep it.

Been hit for a D/D this month from BT Sport for £32 odd quid. That's up from £21.50 for a Sky box and your other SKY box if you have one.

I think it's to go to £29 next month, but it's now £3.50 more than SKY Sports per month.

Don't know if I will keep it.

Hardly a surprise when you see the ridiculous sum they paid for The Champions League which even megabucks SKY baulked at paying

Got to wonder if they'll push Sky Sports to the edge or vice versa. Both seem to be paying stupid amounts for this stuff.

Sky are charging more for showing less and BT are hardly charging at all (to an extent).

Someone's got to go the way of Setanta surely?

I don't watch much premier league football, but put on the Newcastle vs Arsenal match and they seem to have three commentators. Is this what they usually do for Premiership matches?

They didn't do it last season. Don't know about last week but it was like that for Southampton v Everton as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived