Juicing

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eat less shite, exercise more.

I have to listen to fucking idiots in the work going on about this pish.

It's this juice shite just now. A couple of months ago it was starving yourself for 5 days then binge eating for 2.

Cretins

Is that the 5/2 diet I've heard/seen people talking about? It sounds absolutely horrific and absolutely terrible for your body.

To echo a lot of the above, fad 'diets' are horrendous is just a way for lazy fat rides to take the easy way out, without actually doing any of the hard work. Doesn't work like that I'm afraid.

My fiancees whole family do it and it is so fucking frustrating.

They sit watching telly, eating shite and drinking fizzy juice all the time then after about 3 months of that will 'juice' for a week or two with no exercise or anything then stop cause it's "not working".

My fiancee has now decided to go to Slimming World where she can eat as much pasta and drink as much diet fizzy juice as she wants then wonders why she doesn't lose weight.

I'm honestly on the verge of paying someone to go to their house and explain what eating like a normal human being is like.

My fiancees whole family do it and it is so fucking frustrating.

They sit watching telly, eating shite and drinking fizzy juice all the time then after about 3 months of that will 'juice' for a week or two with no exercise or anything then stop cause it's "not working".

My fiancee has now decided to go to Slimming World where she can eat as much pasta and drink as much diet fizzy juice as she wants then wonders why she doesn't lose weight.

I'm honestly on the verge of paying someone to go to their house and explain what eating like a normal human being is like.

That's the majority of the UK in a nutshell - no instant 6 pack after eating one slice of cucumber so they give up. No willpower whatsoever.

I'm in a caloric deficit at the moment trying to lean out a bit, it's really not that hard, although folk have said I'm quite good at self-policing. Not only do you start to lose weight eating well, you feel better both physically and mentally. I certainly do anyway.

Did you just hold your clothes together with safety pins until they fitted?

I had put on said 6 stone over the previous 2 years so still had my thin clothes. Obviously I have spent money on clothes since but the actual diet cost me nothing. None of these stupid weight watcher programmes or shite like that!

Not only do you start to lose weight eating well, you feel better both physically and mentally. I certainly do anyway.

Aye totally. I let myself go on Saturdays and Sundays and indulge in some shite. By the Monday morning I'm the lowest and most depressed I am all week. Healthy day Monday, exercise Monday night and back feeling smashing by Tuesday. It's so ridiculously easy when you get into a routine. Exercise and eating healthy sort of becomes an addiction.

Been to the gym (5s included) 103 times since the 26th January now

That's the majority of the UK in a nutshell - no instant 6 pack after eating one slice of cucumber so they give up. No willpower whatsoever.

I'm in a caloric deficit at the moment trying to lean out a bit, it's really not that hard, although folk have said I'm quite good at self-policing. Not only do you start to lose weight eating well, you feel better both physically and mentally. I certainly do anyway.

Agreed.

Folk go absolutely mental leaving out foods that they actually like too.

Eat a balanced diet, exercise reguarly - running, swimming all very good, but if you're not in to that then walking, cycling.

I've had a few folk call me 'mad' for running or going for a swim for 45mins after work. What's the alternative? Stay in and flick through shite on TV?

Eating and feeling well go hand in hand. I feel a lot sharper in my mind too. There's nothing worse than having bloated down junk food, some drink, and by the end of the evening - feeling like a whale in your bed and a stone overweight.

You don't need to join a gym either. Scotland and Britain in general has some fantastic scenery. Foreigners must think we are mental that we litter the place and reguarly don't go explore what has to offer. We have some fairly light hours the now with the summer too - there is no excuses, it's laziness.

I bought a juicer a couple of years ago off the back of watching a documentary about a guy using juice to change his diet and get more vitamins etc.

It's a fad and won't last long. As with any meal replacement 'diet' folk will chuck it after a week or two. In my opinion it's not sustainable to only eat one solid meal per day, never mind enjoyable.

I now use the juicer a couple of times per week to make a juice (fruit and veg) just to increase my intake of vitamins etc. I'm not sure whether I'm actually getting much more than my regular - fairly balanced - diet, but as a placebo effect I do feel pretty good about myself for having done it.

I'd say juicing does have its place but more of a supplement to a balanced diet rather than a meal replacement weight loss program which seems to be the current fad.

I genuinely don't have a clue how Slimming World even claims to work. I reckon I would gain half a stone a month using their system.

I genuinely don't have a clue how Slimming World even claims to work. I reckon I would gain half a stone a month using their system.

It's fucking tragic seeing female co workers doing all this shit. Lost 2 pounds last week! Cheat day! All that pish.

When people ask me how I lost weight and I tell them no gym, no diet, just ease up on the beer, eat real food and walk a bit more they can't understand. The idea of not weighing yourself daily, or in my case not owning scales, blows their mind.

Drank 6 pints and got a large calzone on the way home last night tho... Cheat Day!

It's fucking tragic seeing female co workers doing all this shit. Lost 2 pounds last week! Cheat day! All that pish.

When people ask me how I lost weight and I tell them no gym, no diet, just ease up on the beer, eat real food and walk a bit more they can't understand. The idea of not weighing yourself daily, or in my case not owning scales, blows their mind.

Drank 6 pints and got a large calzone on the way home last night tho... Cheat Day!

I've lost just over a stone this year by eating healthily and trying to do a bit more exercise (walking mostly, but have started trying to get back into 5's and running at lunchtime). In the same period in the office, we've had folk doing the 5-2 thing and juicing shite. As far as I can see there has been no difference in them, and in one lassies case, weight has gone on.

I went on holiday last month and I eased up on it. Result after a few weeks? A few pounds went back on. It's hardly mind blowing stuff.

I've lost just over a stone this year by eating healthily and trying to do a bit more exercise (walking mostly, but have started trying to get back into 5's and running at lunchtime). In the same period in the office, we've had folk doing the 5-2 thing and juicing shite. As far as I can see there has been no difference in them, and in one lassies case, weight has gone on.

I went on holiday last month and I eased up on it. Result after a few weeks? A few pounds went back on. It's hardly mind blowing stuff.

The guys in the office have been playing todger Russian roulette.

I've been unable to eat over the last few days due to raging toothache as a result of sinusitis (PTTGOYN for this pish), so have pretty much only been drinking water, and nowt else.

I've put on a kilo. :blink:

Either I have been constantly dehydrated, or my scales are broken.

Archived