Official Clydebank 15/16 Thread

BankieBear

Great performance from the team today. Defence looked solid, O'Neill won everything in the air. Lumsden never troubled apart from when he dropped the ball and picked it back up again. Man of the match though was Johnny Allan he was everywhere in midfield, closing players down and winning the ball back.

They looked a decent team but going by today's results anything can happen in this league.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we will be there or there abouts. Let's see how we are doing after 5 or 6 games and how we have played.

Think that's a good shout Bankie bear. As well as we've done ... we're passing up a lot of chances. Should've been well ahead in friendly at Pollok and dominated the early exchanges v Rob Roy without scoring. Need to try and convert the pressure into goals. That said ... the way we dominated a team that scored over a 100 league goals and won the Ayrshire Cup last season ( I think ) was very pleasing.

Fingers crossed for a decent turnout this Saturday for our first home league game of the season.....

Given our start to the season and the positivity surrounding the club, I would hope so.

I'm gutted that my shift pattern is crap I've not made a game since last season, hoping to move to a day job soon though.

Last couple of trips home we've had nothing scheduled or it's been cancelled late on. Can't actually remember the last game I got to. Possibly 2 years ago this weekend.

100 league games in the Ayrshire league you may add. It is a good achievement but it's not a very competitive league if honest.

Aye that's a fair point Cha tinney. Although having been papped out the WOS Cup by Craigmark last season maybe its not quite so bad :)

What do you reckon your chances are for the title / promotion this year?

Naturally we all want to be back in the Super Premier, but before kick-off on Saturday there I was quite concerned about how dominant the Ayrshire sides may be - we've seen how strong the Ayrshire teams are doing in the Super Prem for instance. But after our performance and result against a side like Ardrossan, who are tipped to do quite well this year, as well as some other league results, then it really is up in the air. I feel somewhat confident we'll be fighting for promotion, but I'm certainly not expecting it. It's a very difficult division to get out of, you need to be at your best to get out of it and there's so many games to get through more than usual.

We got off to the best possible start, but Budgie's mentality has always been to take it one game at a time and I feel it's a sensible attitude to take.

Fingers crossed for a decent turnout this Saturday for our first home league game of the season.....

Will be one more than usual as I've convinced my dad to come to his first ever junior game lol had to promise him a beer mind you but that's fine

Will be one more than usual as I've convinced my dad to come to his first ever junior game lol had to promise him a beer mind you but that's fine

Is the upstairs bar open? I thought I read it wouldn't be available this year. May need to take him to the Lovatt*

*Other pubs are available.

Archived