Bundesliga 2023/24

33 minutes ago, Waspy said:

Hertha Berlin announce plans for a new stadium in 2025

All fair enough, as historic as the Olympiastadion is, it is far too big for run of the mill Bundesliga games for a club like Hertha plus you lose the atmosphere from the running track and empty along with having to pay a lot of rent. Today I've also learned that there's a cricket ground right next to the Olympiastadion from a wiki reading session.

All fair enough, as historic as the Olympiastadion is, it is far too big for run of the mill Bundesliga games for a club like Hertha plus you lose the atmosphere from the running track and empty along with having to pay a lot of rent. Today I've also learned that there's a cricket ground right next to the Olympiastadion from a wiki reading session.

I believe the rent is about €4 million a season and increasing.

Just did my first Hamburg trip and what a really cracking city. After all those years going to the football I had a first - go-go dancers just outside a ground. Add in sunshine, cold beer and a great atmosphere and you have the prefect day.

Wins for H96 & Braunschweig coupled with a draw for Stuttgart and a loss for Union Berlin keep the top of the BL2 mega tight. Stuttgart, Braunschweig & Berlin all on 50 points, H96 on 49.

2nd sell-out of the season for Hannover, with a large contingent through from Berlin.

Despite the opportunity for a new trainer bounce, the 1st half was meh, 2nd half much better, with Füllkrug scoring just after half-time, followed by an own goal to give H96 a deserved 2-0 victory.

Up in the BL, Bayern continued their march to another title with a 6-0 demolition of Augsburg.

CL places also starting to become clear with who secures 3rd (Group stage) or 4th (Qualifier) being the main open spot.

Down at the bottom, Darmstadt as well as Ingolstadt look to be on their way down. Still a large number of clubs trying to avoid 16th which is the play-off spot.

Next up for H96 is home to Nürnberg. First home game of the season which I'll miss due to having to attend a trade fair, ironically, in Nürnberg.

Next game after that, is Friday evening in Würzburg against the Kickers. 88b74eaca7468ab8b376ddc3a2f3176f.jpg793b78b18de40fb47be092324a3bf6ab.jpg099c99d1ec3f24544eecba4fd1b91f46.jpg

Excellent first half from Hoffenheim. Their expansive tactics are Bayern causing all manner of problems. The front two have bullied the defence and Rudy has been running the show in midfield. Bayern missing a few key players and their replacements haven't quite been up to it so far. Coman has been ok, but Sanches has been wasteful in possession and Rafinha is all over the place.

No complaints as to how the midweek games went. A win for H96, draws for Stuttgart & Braunschweig plus a defeat at home for Union Berlin against bottom club Aue. Dresden's win at home to Heidenheim also brings them into the mix. 

Hopefully H96 can increase their slender lead at the top by picking up all 3 points on Friday night down in Würzburg. 

Duisburg throwing the league away in the third tier with 2 wins in their last 8. Going to the game against Sonnenhof Großaspach on Saturday so hopefully they can turn their fortunes around. 

Also if me and my mates got individual yellow wall tickets can you stand anywhere or is it designated place?

It's done per section, so if you're in the same section you could stand together. Contrary to popular opinion, the lower two thirds of the Sudtribune is not 'safe standing /rail seats', it's old skool open terracing with crash barriers

A 1-0 win during the week at home to Nüremberg, gave H96 an oportunity to stick some points on the board on Friday night in Würzburg against the Kickers and force the other teams into playing catch-up. Not to be however as both teams served up a turgid 0-0. Only the one decent chance for the guests when Harnik hit the junction of the post/cross-bar.

Following today's results, Stuttgart sit top on 54 points, followed by H96 on 53, with Berlin and Braunschweig (host Dresden on Monday) on 51.

The flyeralarmarena is probably OK if in the home end, but the sight-lines (whether sitting or standing) and facilities (4 urinals for ca 1.600 fans) leave a lot to be desired. Würzburg itself is well worth visiting. Picturesque place with lots of nightlife (Würzburg University has ca 30.000 students).

Next up the derby game against Braunschweig on Easter Saturday.

c7bf3c0659d7d712bcd7ad25f89ed43b.jpgca1926c7ed2467d35836dcbd49ed20e7.jpg172ace94611a350077aa7e6fa49ada6a.jpg67c222385bca392cae3fd4728e9e98aa.jpg