Bundesliga 2024/25

Piatek has looked a very poor player technically any time I've seen him, so unless he's got the reliable instinct of Filippo Inzaghi I wouldn't be putting too much faith on him leading the line. He could easily be back in the Polish leagues playing for Lech Poznan or some other permadiddy in two years' time.

Couldn’t agree more! I think he’s only started a couple of games, I would like to see him get a run of games from the start to see what he’s all about.

Crashed bottles all round amongst the top 4 in the BL2.

Bielefeld draw against Nürnberg. 
Stüttgart draw against Osnabrück. 
Heidenheim lose to H96.

And as seen this evening Hamburg Hib‘s it again in the 93rd minute, with Kiel equalising after about 5 corners in the injury time 3-4 minutes.

An interesting couple of game-days before the  season ends. 

Edited by German Jag

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

Today's crowd noises on the Dortmund game are terrible.

They've even got booing.

f**k all when Dusseldorf get near the goal and look like scoring, but enormous boos and groans when there's an obvious free-kick given against them in the middle of the park. It's just fucking rubbish.

f**k all when Dusseldorf get near the goal and look like scoring, but enormous boos and groans when there's an obvious free-kick given against them in the middle of the park. It's just fucking rubbish.
Also the one that annoyed me most was when Hakimi was clean through in the first half - no change from the "fans" and then a round of applause for the save which was still going as Sancho tried to put it back across goal.

It's dreadful and distracting. The silence is much better and will be a choice being taken every time I can.

(New one on it from the Celta v Villarreal - raucous applause as the ball is given back following an injury)

Fucking yess.

That win today, plus Dortmumd's late winner should keep Union up.

Would have to lose all three games and have either Bremen or Fortuna win all three to fall into the playoff.

Fortuna have Leipzig next, and Bremen play Bayern in the game where they could win the league.

Can't see either winning those games.

Zirkzee up front for Bayern Munich in Lewandowski's absence. I've never seen him play but have him on loan at my Sunderland team in Football Manager so will be watching with some interest.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The crowd noise being added, however artificial, is infinitely better than full monotony of hearing the players shouting for a pass from their teammates. I suspect, deep down you think the same yourself. You said the same last week, but here you are tuning in once again.

If I thought that deep down then I would post it, what would I gain from pretending to dislike something? It's possible to dislike some elements of the coverage and yet still want to watch the only football that's on the TV at the time.

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

The crowd noise being added, however artificial, is infinitely better than full monotony of hearing the players shouting for a pass from their teammates. I suspect, deep down you think the same yourself. You said the same last week, but here you are tuning in once again.

I disagree. I like hearing players interact with each other. Far better than some artificial crowd noise.  The benefit of watching games on tv with crowds is hearing them react to whats happening on the park but also reacting to each other and the back and forth you can get with chanting.  The artificial created stuff is b.s and the tech would need to be far more reactive to the 100s of things that can happen in a match. You can't just have generic chanting interrupted by boos for a foul against and cheers for a goal.