Bundesliga 2024/25

Taps aff weather as Hannover got off to a good BL2 start with a competent 2-0 win at home to promoted Regensburg (ca. 600 away fans making the 580 mile round trip).

Off to the best of starts with Nicolo Tresoldi on target, follwed 10 minutes later by a goal from Jannik Dehm. Thereafter a bit of a stalemate game with the ocassional chance for both sides. H96 well deserving of the 3 points though.

The markings on the pitch in the 1st photo are due to American Football Team Hamburg Sea-Devils playing some matches in Hannover this season.

Next up an away trip to promoted Preussen Münster. 1st time going there.

Home_end.jpg

Away_End.jpg

Full_Time.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 05/08/2024 at 09:43, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Paderborn may be an option if they are different day to Dortmund...cheers

Paderborn will likely be difficult for tickets. They host Cologne on that game-day. Stadium only holds 15.000.

Edited by German Jag

On 02/08/2024 at 15:46, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Seriously considering going through the Dortmund website for a game in the spring (as they guarantee tickets and organise hotel etc).

Any suggestions for another team to visit in the area that weekend?  Looking at Dortmund versus Mainz on March 29th or BMG on April 19th.

Bundesliga 2 fixtures those weekends are @ Koln and Schalke on the second weekend- first one doesn't seem to have anything in the area.

Depends how far down the pyramid you're wanting to go and when the Dortmund game i.e. if it gets moved for TV / European fixtures. Bochum would have been good but they're away on both the weekends you mention.

In 3rd tier Bielefeld and Essen are within 45 minutes on the train from Dortmund.

the Regionalliga (4th tier) mostly plays on Saturdays , cheap to get in and terracing in most places. Few B teams in there but those can hopefully be avoided.

In that league Duisburg is on main train line from Dortmund, they were in 2nd tier about 6 years ago but have just been relegated into the 4th tier, and Wuppertal is a bit of a novelty, there's a monorail that gets you to the stadium which is next to a zoo.

The leagues below the 4th tier mostly play on Sunday but you are getting to amateur / public park level by that point.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Depends how far down the pyramid you're wanting to go and when the Dortmund game i.e. if it gets moved for TV / European fixtures. Bochum would have been good but they're away on both the weekends you mention.

In 3rd tier Bielefeld and Essen are within 45 minutes on the train from Dortmund.

the Regionalliga (4th tier) mostly plays on Saturdays , cheap to get in and terracing in most places. Few B teams in there but those can hopefully be avoided.

In that league Duisburg is on main train line from Dortmund, they were in 2nd tier about 6 years ago but have just been relegated into the 4th tier, and Wuppertal is a bit of a novelty, there's a monorail that gets you to the stadium which is next to a zoo.

The leagues below the 4th tier mostly play on Sunday but you are getting to amateur / public park level by that point.

1 hour ago, German Jag said:

Paderborn will likely be difficult for tickets. They host Cologne on that game-day. Stadium only holds 15.000.

Cheers - appreciate the guidance

6 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Cheers - appreciate the guidance

No probs.

On that weekend, Bielefeld host the H96 B-Team (managed by Daniel Stendel). So can get you a ticket no problem, and may go myself depending on there not being any conflict with the 1st team who host Magdeburg.

RW Essen & MSV Duisburg are away from home that weekend. 

Preußen Münster's only sojurn in the Bundesliga was in the 63/64 inaugural season, where they finished 2nd bottom. Since then they've yo-yo'd, initially between tiers 2 & 3, and more recently between tiers 3 & 4. Two promotions in a row see them return to tier2  for the 1st time in 33 years. Hannover's last game in Münster was in the DFB-Pokal. a 5-0 win 30 years ago almost to the day.

In view of the above, a sold out game, with the 1350 away end tickets selling out in about 2½ minutes.

As regards the game itself, was one of the worst performances I've seen from H96 in a long time. A grand total of 1 shot on target, and that was a glorified pass-back. Paderborn now top of the league courtesy of being the only team with a 100% record.

Next week is DFB-Pokal. Hannover have a tricky away tie in Bielefeld (not going, but will be at local team Hildesheim who host Elversberg).

Next up in the league is a Friday night at home to Hamburg.

IMG_7950.jpg

IMG_7955.jpg

IMG_7957.jpg

IMG_7959.jpg

IMG_7961.jpg

IMG_7962.jpg

On 12/06/2024 at 22:37, Fuctifano said:

I can't answer the question you've asked but I've been over for games on seven or eight occasions in that area and the only teams I've not been able to buy tickets at face value through the websites are Dortmund and Schalke, for those had to use seatwave type re-seller sites, you'll get tickets but not 8 sat together. Think Dortmund tickets on seatwave for a run of the mill home game were about 60-65 euros, but last time was (just) pre-covid so will have gone up now and that was for seats in the gods.

I suppose Leverkusen might be harder now and derby matches will always be more difficult. 

I had my stag weekend in Dusseldorf last September and got 16 tickets for Gladbach vs Leipzig no bother , just need to keep an eye on on-sale dates. I was able to buy them all myself, didn't even have to get (say) 4 of us buying 4 each.

I tried to sign up as a Gladbach member in advance as I was worried it would sell out before it went to public sale, but they rejected my application, not that it mattered in the end.

Hi mate. Thanks. Managed to get 8 tickets for Mainz vs Union Berlin in the standing section for €15 each direct from the club.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Balls.

Saarbrucken game moved to the Sunday, leaving me very few options for my saturday in Germany.

1860 Munich playing at home. Tickets not the cheapest and train prices Mannheim to Munich are really high. Cheapest I can do is about 70 Euro and that means getting there early and leaving later than I'd like. Cologne v Ulm would need to be resale market tickets and there's nothing showing yet. Also pricey trains.

At this rate I'll end up at FC 1920 Zuzenhausen v VfR Mannheim in the local 5th tier. And part of me is thinking "f**k it, it'll be a bit of a laugh turning up in my Dumbarton hat and scarf and confusing the locals". Can get the S-Bahn direct to the game too. Mate travelling with me is a Lok fan, so I'm sure he's been in worse grounds.

H96 maintained their 100% home record with a well deserved 3-1 win against Kaiserlautern. Klautern always travel in big numbers, and this game was no different with ca. 6.000 contributing to the 38.100 attendance.

Off to the best of starts with Bayern II loanee, Hyun-Ju Lee slotting home in the 6th minute. Initially flagged as off-side but promptly, correctly, reinstated by VAR. Rest of the 1st half H96 much the better side, but unable to increase their lead. 
2nd half Klautern started the better team, getting a deserved equaliser 10 minutes after the break.

Lead restored in the 73rd by Max Christiansen, with Momulu sealing the 3 points in injury time.

Tight at the top of the BL2, with just 6 points separating the top 11 most of which will have promotion firmly in their sights 

IMG_8110.jpeg

IMG_8113.jpeg