Independence & the current Tory Government

Fide

Are you still seething about the referendum tanking?

I'd have thought after you begging to have your posting rights removed as you were such a dribbling shaking mess you'd have taken stock and moved on.

But no, seems you are still utterly raging. What an angry individual.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you still seething about the referendum tanking?

I'd have thought after you begging to have your posting rights removed as you were such a dribbling shaking mess you'd have taken stock and moved on.

But no, seems you are still utterly raging. What an angry individual.

post-15829-0-81758600-1435216940_thumb.j

Irony doesn't even begin to cover it.

Lulz.

I think we can add irony to the list of words you don't understand.

I'm genuinely curious. How can you reach a state of apoplexy whereby you have to ask to be removed from a football website?

Do you lack self control to such an extent that you can't stop yourself logging in? That's frightening.

All that matters is that there was a No vote. There's no point in picking over the corpse of voting intentions - unless it's to look at a strategy for an indyref2.

I think one major obstacle to a quick referendum are the well-publicised statements from both Salmond and Sturgeon that this was a once in a generation decision. For me that rules out another vote for at least the next decade.

The margin of victory was not wide enough to put the issue to bed for a decade or longer, indeed had it gone the other way by the same margin we'd now be in a pretty tricky place. I honestly don't think anything Salmond said about generations can be taken seriously so long as there is a wide spread appetite for constitutional change. It's not up to him to decide when and where the people of Scotland make use of their democratic rights.

I think we can add irony to the list of words you don't understand.

I'm genuinely curious. How can you reach a state of apoplexy whereby you have to ask to be removed from a football website?

Do you lack self control to such an extent that you can't stop yourself logging in? That's frightening.

I shall interact with you this one time. Who's this "we" you keep referring to? Make no mistake, you are very much on your todd on this website. Run along now.

-_-

I shall interact with you this one time. Who's this "we" you keep referring to? Make no mistake, you are very much on your todd on this website. Run along now.

-_-

Mmm.. let's be very clear here. You are an adult that had to beg to have someone stop you posting on a football website.

Even the DomDom gimp that still watches fake wrestling is above you on the totem pole because of that. Let that sink in.

The margin of victory was not wide enough to put the issue to bed for a decade or longer, indeed had it gone the other way by the same margin we'd now be in a pretty tricky place. I honestly don't think anything Salmond said about generations can be taken seriously so long as there is a wide spread appetite for constitutional change. It's not up to him to decide when and where the people of Scotland make use of their democratic rights.

Agreed. The only way time will really restrict the SNP is in the minter factor. They'd be laughed out of town if they attempted one in the next parliament, but 2020 onwards - plenty of time for the dust to have settled and to try again. Enough water under the bridge for it not to seem like a neverendum.

Mmm.. let's be very clear here. You are an adult that had to beg to have someone stop you posting on a football website.

Even the DomDom gimp that still watches fake wrestling is above you on the totem pole because of that. Let that sink in.

Agreed. The only way time will really restrict the SNP is in the minter factor. They'd be laughed out of town if they attempted one in the next parliament, but 2020 onwards - plenty of time for the dust to have settled and to try again. Enough water under the bridge for it not to seem like a neverendum.

More than 5 years disallows it from being a neverendum up here, interesting as NO are constantly harping on about Canada's neverendum with a substantially bigger gap than 5 years.

This is a once in a lifetime moment right here but I agree with H_B. Another referendum in the next SNP manifesto would be a mistake, imo. Ideally another Referendum would be possible in extraordinary circumstances such as an EU exit but I'll admit to not knowing the SNP's options legally and politically there. Can they ask the Scottish people for a mandate to hypothetically hold a referendum? I wouldn't have thought so but I don't know.

Wouldn't call it a "minter factor" though. The SNP could have another referendum in the manifesto and still comfortably win the next election - the being laughed out of town thing wouldn't be coming from the Scottish electorate anyway. I just don't think it would be the best long-term strategy.

That would depend on how sensible the person asking the question is, as "sensible" is a relative and not an absolute term.

Ok, I'll quantify that as I am the question asker - not H_B or Kevthedee.

I see the Tory government didn't allow any amendments at all in the Scotland Bill that was going through the Westminster parliament.

Is it a tactic to make the SNP look like they have no influence whatsoever, no matter the mandate they received from the Scottish people or do they just not give a shit about the Smith Commission proposals and the so called Vow?

I see the Tory government didn't allow any amendments at all in the Scotland Bill that was going through the Westminster parliament.

Is it a tactic to make the SNP look like they have no influence whatsoever, no matter the mandate they received from the Scottish people or do they just not give a shit about the Smith Commission proposals and the so called Vow?

I think it's a cunning combination of both. David and Gideon are playing a dangerous game. They're basically gambling with Scotland and I'm pretty sure they're doing everything in their power to make the SNP look impotent in Westminster in the hope that us nasty nationalists will just get back in our box. The danger for them is that Scotland realises that Westminster does precisesly f**k all for us.

I think it's a cunning combination of both. David and Gideon are playing a dangerous game. They're basically gambling with Scotland and I'm pretty sure they're doing everything in their power to make the SNP look impotent in Westminster in the hope that us nasty nationalists will just get back in our box. The danger for them is that Scotland realises that Westminster does precisesly f**k all for us.

Agree it is a dangerous game. But they could also have realised the inevitable is going to happen anyway.

Will be interesting what moves the SNP will make in a parliament with little room for manoeuvre

Agree it is a dangerous game. But they could also have realised the inevitable is going to happen anyway.

Will be interesting what moves the SNP will make in a parliament with little room for manoeuvre

They should definitely start clapping. f**k any more pretence at playing the game. Anything that fucks up the whole ethos of the place is fine by me.

They should put a repeat in their manifesto for next year. They've got 56 of 59 seats down there and these c***s are ignoring what is happening in Scotland. So get it in the manifesto and if there is an appetite let's see what it looks like. And then let's see what England does in terms if refusing it.

Archived