Stripping

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought a house and the place is covered in woodchip wallpaper. What's the best way to remove it? I've spent the last hour reading various forums. Steamer and scraper the way to go? Or would the walls take a skim of plaster to cover it up?

Get a steamer(steady), switch it on and turn the plate upwards and leave in the room with windows and doors closed for a good twenty minutes or so, this will turn the room into a sauna but the steam will start to impregnate the woodchip and will be easier to remove using the steamer conventionally.

You could get an electric sander rather than skim it with plaster.

Or put the heating on full with all the windaes shut then get yer missus & a bunch of her mates in with some scrapers, buckets of water & water pistols & half a dozen bottles of cava & bingo leave them to it.

Welcome to stripper night.

Grimbo

post-33665-14354778845571_thumb.jpg

Get a heavy duty scraper (the black handle thingy) you should get it at b&q, it has a Stanley knife at the top so buy a packet off blades to go with it.

I'm a painter and decorator and this is what I use when stripping woodchip and anaglypta ect, just get your blade underneath the paper and it should come off in decent sized chunks. Once the top paper is off the backing paper will just need soaked with warm water and after 5 mins rest should come off no problem with an ordinary scraper. Hope that helps

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1435477885.117109.jpg

Get a heavy duty scraper (the black handle thingy) you should get it at b&q, it has a Stanley knife at the top so buy a packet off blades to go with it.

I'm a painter and decorator and this is what I use when stripping woodchip and anaglypta ect, just get your blade underneath the paper and it should come off in decent sized chunks. Once the top paper is off the backing paper will just need soaked with warm water and after 5 mins rest should come off no problem with an ordinary scraper. Hope that helps

Don't fancy stripping and wallpapering a hall for me do you?

I can't be arsed.

My niece is having her living room papered and painted (not the woodwork). No change out of £800

Who is she getting in,Michael Angelo? That is an outrageous quote,you could still get a good quality Decorator in for probably half that price

Archived