Old club not even most successful in the world.

I've seen them win a number of them though.

Im assuming you are under 50 when I say you never have and most likely never will see your team win that competition.

How many's "a number of them"?

I'm 83.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? You should tell that to the German and Italian teams who put stars on their tops to commemorate league wins.

Except that's something applied uniformly across all teams it applies to, and isn't a vanity project to appease wallets into thinking their success means something, especially with regard to the other teams in their country and their rationale for stars above their badges. Kilmarnock excluded.

Only if you restrict Linfield to the competition called 'the Irish League Cup' which was only started in the late 1980s IIRC, replacing another competition held on a nationwide basis and even using the same trophy, IIRC.

And why would you do that. Afterall you don't exclude League Cups even though some countries don't have them.

Only if you restrict Linfield to the competition called 'the Irish League Cup' which was only started in the late 1980s IIRC, replacing another competition held on a nationwide basis and even using the same trophy, IIRC.

And why would you do that. Afterall you don't exclude League Cups even though some countries don't have them.

I was talking about league championships.

I wondered that. It seems that in putting Rangers there, an arbitrary set of criteria was applied and that deposing them might require a new set, or could employ the old set - it's unclear. It's almost as if the whole idea is infantile pish.

You seem to spend a lot of time debating infantile pish in all honesty.

Maybe he's debating with infants.

Archived