2015/16 Sack Race

2015/16 Sack Race  

438 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see Baldy Snake going for a pairing of Steven Thompson and Steve Thomson, not that he is a criminally insane egotist who is a master of the dark-acts or anything like that...

If McNamara is frozen in carbonite and used as a coffee table in the chairman's office will the bookies still pay out? :huh:

I can see Baldy Snake going for a pairing of Steven Thompson and Steve Thomson, not that he is a criminally insane egotist who is a master of the dark-acts or anything like that...

If McNamara is frozen in carbonite and used as a coffee table in the chairman's office will the bookies still pay out? :huh:

If your bookie is Coral or Betfair, probably NO :lol:

Still ONLY six votes for Yogi "we play like Barcelona" Hughes!!

Jim McIntyre has more votes than Yogi, and rightly so. With McIntyre's massive budget I'd imagine Roy would expect him to at least be in the top three at this stage. Could be curtains for him soon.

Over single matches there are more often only slight differences, but over a full season these differences are magnified. Take for example Hearts next season, say you draw 1-1 with St J and have the possession dominance, follow this with a 1-0 defeat away to Dundee you play well but have no luck in front of goal, next up home to Motherwell and a shock 0-3 defeat after one of your players early on is sent off for preventing a goal scoring opportunity and they score from the penalty and from that they go on to win easily. 4th match and a hard fought 0-0 with County. Followed up with a 1-2 defeat by Partick Th where again you dominate the game but lack the killer punch.

So right now you are in the bottom 2 and you still have to play 4 of last season's top 6, the supporters are getting restless, your manager is calling for patience and some of the players aren't smiling and joking amongst themselves any more. Now there was little difference between Hearts and Saint Johnstone in that first match in fact Hearts were the better team, lets say the Saints are doing well and after 5 games are 3rd in the league but they are already 10 points ahead of you. 2 games Hearts dominated, 4 winables and one bad day at the office, it all adds up to a measly 2 points for the effort.

Not saying this will happen or do I want this to happen, but as you say correctly there is little differences between the teams in the Premiership and possibly this extends down to say last season's fifth placed team in the Championship, but over a season the slight edges teams have over each other starts to take effect the longer into the season it goes.

:thumsup2

It's almost as if you didn't read the last paragraph.

It's almost as if you didn't read the preceding paragraphs and have ignored the fact Hearts have comfortably beaten both Motherwell and Partick Thistle.

It was a hypothetical scenario pointing out that there is little difference between the teams, but over a league season these small differences become point gaps between teams. I used Hearts as an example, I could have used Dundee or Motherwell it makes no difference.

Why did you need me to explain that to you?. :lol:

I didn't need you to explain it. I just found it somewhat ironic that Hearts have started the season excellently and Inverness have not, given your hypothetical scenario and the team you support. Why did I need to explain that to you?

Archived