When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, Sooky said:

The attempted defence by Joanna Cherry is equally as shameful.

IMG_1474221566.482738.thumb.jpg.3631486b

Being gay doesn't give you a free pass to endorse homophobic remarks towards political opponents.

She's being absolutely ragdolled for this on Twitter. She should really have consulted Joan McAlpine on what to do on Twitter after making a roaring c**t of it and just gone to ground.

Not sure how this can get any worse for Cherry unless Pete Wishart gives hauners. 

Someone should really have vetted this 'rap' knowing there would be cameras there. Must have been some real inhalation through the teeth from the non-zoomers that were there.

17 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Was joanna cherry the one doing the rap?

That would have been more amusing.

I note she has now advanced from 'gid clean fun' and praising the shit rap to 'OK, some of you fragile types might have been offended but NOT ME (and I'm gay you know)'. Wonder if there will be a more fulsome apology from someone responsible for the event.

Highlight though was definitely her retweeting the potential origins of the word dyke. Not sure you are helping yourself here Joanna. Stop digging. 

That would have been more amusing.

I note she has now advanced from 'gid clean fun' and praising the shit rap to 'OK, some of you fragile types might have been offended but NOT ME (and I'm gay you know)'. Wonder if there will be a more fulsome apology from someone responsible for the event.

Highlight though was definitely her retweeting the potential origins of the word dyke. Not sure you are helping yourself here Joanna. Stop digging. 

That, and saying that because she calls herself a dyke that no one should be offended by being called a dyke, were absolute highlights. What an awful selection of tweets.

The only clip I've seen cuts out after 2 mins. I can only imagine how bad the full thing was. 

There was a mealy mouthed non apology from the event organisers along the lines of Cherry's. Unsurprisingly Stonewall failed to recognise that imbecile's self-appointed position as spokeswoman for all gay women and are not chuffed that homophobic insults are just dandy if they're made about people whose politics you don't much like. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I thought the video was a joke, saw a screenshot of the girl with a cap on and couldn't even bring myself to watch it. Can't believe someone thought it would be funny

I can't believe anyone thought it was funny, regardless of the content it was a very very very poor effort at humour, be better sharing an hour with Tryfield and his buds in the pub if you're looking for a laugh.

I've said it before, the cringey supernat types are the most irritating people on the planet. Firstly because they seem to often have terrible views (that have nothing to do with the Scottish Independence) which are hurtful and offensive to others. And secondly because these folk are a total minter for the rest of us. Of everyone I know in favour of Independence, I can honestly say I don't know a single one of them to be remotely intolerant or bigoted. Yet these utter pondlife give themselves up as a weapon to be used. 

Mugs.

i wouldn't be too worried if I was the SNP tbh. there was always going to be a short bounce that was negated after the UK govt's naturally cautious response to the vote. Once the negotiations fully begin and people are informed of what brexit really means then the SNP have a case to build.

Not great reading for independence supporters and yet more evidence why there won't be another referendum any time soon.

That said, I've only spoken to a few Yes supporters who think Brexit is a bad thing and I've yet to speak to a No voter who has switched to Yes on the basis of Brexit so I'm not surprised. 

Not great reading for independence supporters and yet more evidence why there won't be another referendum any time soon.

That said, I've only spoken to a few Yes supporters who think Brexit is a bad thing and I've yet to speak to a No voter who has switched to Yes on the basis of Brexit so I'm not surprised. 

What else do you discuss down the lodge?

2 hours ago, thepundit said:

No one is advocating a referendum any time soon. Sturgeon will do as she has said right from the start and explore all avenues to keep Scotland in the EU.

When all avenues are fully explored and the likely outcome is that Scotland can't stay in the EU with access to the single market, then it's decision time.

Do you want to stay in the UK but outside the EU? That scenario will probably come to fruition within the next couple of years. That's when Sturgeon will decide on indyref2.