When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

He said it would be no problem.  That's a big difference.

Did he, I must have misheard him then.  When directly asked if there would be sympathy from the higher echelons to keep Scotland there was no answer other than it would be "suicide to keep people out that wanted to be in"

He did then go on to state that the EU wasn't working and outlined a single government for Europe.  That is the political project that I want no part of.

6 minutes ago, strichener said:

Did he, I must have misheard him then.  When directly asked if there would be sympathy from the higher echelons to keep Scotland there was no answer other than it would be "suicide to keep people out that wanted to be in"

He did then go on to state that the EU wasn't working and outlined a single government for Europe.  That is the political project that I want no part of.

What he actually said is that there is no big obstacle for a newly Indy Scotland to join the EU. And opined that should we vote for Indy this new membership could be pushed through pre Brexit.

This is hardly news. He absolutely did not say that Scotland could do this whilst remaining part of the UK or that Scotland would not need to apply to the EU as a new member with associated requirements 

39 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Any relevant examples spring to mind Ant?

In addition to you suggesting that SNPS members are devoted beasts in a cage, I seem to recall you likening Alex Salmond to a Nazi and Humza Yusaf to a terrorist. Anyone who you appear to perceive as a threat to UK nationalism is apparently fair game for dog whistle attacks.

you travel to another country every year to march in celebration of protestant supremacy in a small bit of it, you're a bigot through and through wes, it defines who you are.

I've watched the marches since I was a kid Pep, these days it's a couple of days fishing & golf and a good chance to meet up with friends and family. There's nothing bigoted about it whatsoever!
Give it up!

why the love for the eu anyway? f**k them independence should mean independence. from london AND brussels. theres plenty of countries our size around the world we'd hardly be in uncharted waters

Almost all the really successful ones our size are part of the EU, EFTA etc.

In addition to you suggesting that SNPS members are devoted beasts in a cage, I seem to recall you likening Alex Salmond to a Nazi and Humza Yusaf to a terrorist. Anyone who you appear to perceive as a threat to UK nationalism is apparently fair game for dog whistle attacks.

Turn the record over ffs, if I'd said Signor Salmond, would that be comparing the fat smug twat to Mussolini!? Humza and Hamza is an easy typo to make, just try Googling 'Hamza SNP' and see what comes up first? As for 'caged' SNP members, just take a look (on any given day) how SNP opponents are referred to (or names called) on here!!? I didn't realise what a sensitive wee soul you are, my apologies.

Turn the record over ffs, if I'd said Signor Salmond, would that be comparing the fat smug twat to Mussolini!? Humza and Hamza is an easy typo to make, just try Googling 'Hamza SNP' and see what comes up first? As for 'caged' SNP members, just take a look (on any given day) how SNP opponents are referred to (or names called) on here!!? I didn't realise what a sensitive wee soul you are, my apologies.

I remember it vividly and it certainly wasn't a typo, you were running with the same rubbish that mutants all over social media and even David Coburn were running with at the time. You knew fine well what you were saying and most certainly outed yourself that time.

I remember it vividly and it certainly wasn't a typo, you were running with the same rubbish that mutants all over social media and even David Coburn were running with at the time. You knew fine well what you were saying and most certainly outed yourself that time.

Outed for thinking that Humza Yousaf is another smug wee p***k!? It's a fair cop guv, guilty as charged.

15 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

No one believed you then and no one believes you now. The "I'm a jolly Briton, mate" mask fell and it made one hell of a thud (my favourite was the furious back-pedalling and pleas that people just ignore you). Your posts here betray what vitriol lies beneath, and just how jittery you seem to be at the prospect of this whole "Scotland as a nation state" thing not disappearing amid a chorus of Jerusalem.

As for your digs being ok because apparently you and your ilk put up with them; that rather proves my point. You're happy to dish out barbs and attacks, but still demand the right to clutch your pearls when you think anyone is dissing the proud and patriotic UK nationalist cohort.

Edited by Antlion

Quite. If iScotland came about pre proper Brexit, the UK membership would still be in place. As was the case in 2014 iScot would be applying as a new member.

If iScotland comes about after full Brexit then the UK will already have left the EU, Scotland included. iScot will again be an applicant state. This isn't difficult 

Why don't you use your H_B login anymore?

No one believed you then and no one believes you now. The "I'm a jolly Briton, mate" mask fell and it made one hell of a thud (my favourite was the furious back-pedalling and pleas that people just ignore you). Your posts here betray what vitriol lies beneath, and just how jittery you seem to be at the prospect of this whole "Scotland as a nation state" thing not disappearing amid a chorus of Jerusalem As for your digs being ok because apparently you and your ilk put up with them; that rather proves my point. You're happy to dish out barbs and attacks, but still demand the right to clutch your pearls when you think anyone is dissing the proud and patriotic UK nationalist cohort.

Hardly back-peddling, I think it was a much more proactive response, if you don't like what I write, stick me on ignore, it's dead simple. We'd probably be both happier with that I feel. As a Unionist, I am clearly within a minority on here, but certainly part of a majority view outwith the parochial, small minded,myopic separatist rhetoric on this particular P&B forum.

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

Hardly back-peddling, I think it was a much more proactive response, if you don't like what I write, stick me on ignore, it's dead simple. We'd probably be both happier with that I feel.

I'd rather call you out for being a permaseething ignorant bigot tbf. Your implications were there for all to see, and I hardly think that if it was a typo, you'd have made the same one countless times over a sustained period of time. And I'll continue to call you it for it in the future too.

I'd rather call you out for being a permaseething ignorant bigot tbf. Your implications were there for all to see, and I hardly think that if it was a typo, you'd have made the same one countless times over a sustained period of time. And I'll continue to call you it for it in the future too.

F*ckin hell, the wagons are circling quickly now!![emoji47]

11 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:
29 minutes ago, Antlion said:
No one believed you then and no one believes you now. The "I'm a jolly Briton, mate" mask fell and it made one hell of a thud (my favourite was the furious back-pedalling and pleas that people just ignore you). Your posts here betray what vitriol lies beneath, and just how jittery you seem to be at the prospect of this whole "Scotland as a nation state" thing not disappearing amid a chorus of Jerusalem As for your digs being ok because apparently you and your ilk put up with them; that rather proves my point. You're happy to dish out barbs and attacks, but still demand the right to clutch your pearls when you think anyone is dissing the proud and patriotic UK nationalist cohort.

Hardly back-peddling, I think it was a much more proactive response, if you don't like what I write, stick me on ignore, it's dead simple. We'd probably be both happier with that I feel. As a Unionist, I am clearly within a minority on here, but certainly part of a majority view outwith the parochial, small minded,myopic separatist rhetoric on this particular P&B forum.

The pretence that UK nationalism is the opponent of "small minded, myopic, separatism" died in June (not that anyone really believed it). You are in effect desperate to keep Scotland wedded to (and a minor, ignorable part of) a small minded, myopic, separatist state - and all because your ideological beliefs prevent you from being able to tolerate the idea of your own country (or "region", as you prefer it to be categorised in international matters) being an open, outward-looking, modern nation state. 

Edited by Antlion