When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

To be honest if it was me i would have it right now not after the SNP have a couple of years to manufacture greivances instead of running Scotland.

There's not really any need to manufacture grievances. Scotland within the UK had far less control and autonomy than the UK had within the EU, and yet English and Welsh separatists rallied enough to vote on leaving it. If pointing out how much the UK inhibits Scotland's democracy is "grievance", then support of the union is abject servility and a willingness to countenance anything.

Actually i have a genuine question today.All the abuse/banter that flies about on here regarding NO voters like "Yoons" "Britnats" "Loyal" "Sevco" "Butchers apron" "Union Jack jimjams" etc etc
Is that a West coast thing ? No one i know friends YES or NO uses that stuff in real conversation.Maybe its just keyboard warrior stuff.I suppose ive said stuff i probably wouldn't express in real conversation but im curious if some of the forementioned has a West coast sectarian tinge that's not so prevalent elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Actually i have a genuine question today.All the abuse/banter that flies about on here regarding NO voters like "Yoons" "Britnats" "Loyal" "Sevco" "Butchers apron" "Union Jack jimjams" etc etc
Is that a West coast thing ? No one i know friends YES or NO uses that stuff in real conversation.Maybe its just keyboard warrior stuff.I suppose ive said stuff i probably wouldn't express in real conversation but im curious if some of the forementioned has a West coast sectarian tinge that's not so prevalent elsewhere.

I'm not sectarian in the slightest but I feel entitled to call No voters anything I like after the tags of nazi etc attached to me on here and in the MSM.

Is that a West coast thing ?

Not a west coast thing in the slightest

Eta: well, maybe jimjams is because unless you're speaking to your 3 year old child it's a completely unacceptable word to say in conversation

22 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

still with this pish 2 years down the line. nobody voted no who wanted to vote yes. nobody voted no becuase of the vow, nobody voted no becuase we were promised anything.

everyone who voted no did so becuase their either british nationalists / football loyalists (small but significant) or becuase they thought that their jobs, pensions , value of their house ,disposable income  or all of the above would be adversly affected by independence. that and they put all the eggs in the currency union basket and waffled instead of giving straight answers when the uk played hardball.

thats why we lost last time and thats why we'll lose again if we have it soon, doesnt realy matter about the eu or anything else (the sky wont fall in after a hard brexit, no more than it would with scotland leaving the eu!) i dont think the eu or theresa may is important enough to make enough no voters change their mind in such a short space of time, mind. people are bound to be sick of referendums now

Sure including the third option for further devolution as a result of a No vote, something specifically excluded from the ballot paper made no difference. None at all. 

1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:

Again i expressed no delight seeming or otherwise at failure in an Independent Scotland despite the usual attempt to say anyone questioning the future being a success is somehow revelling in prospective failure.I think it will be a fiscal disaster and the SNP will have some anger issues to deal with.Not everyone has a deep interest in politics and some will just buy into what a rich success Scotland will be and if that's not delivered...
Also i do not buy for a second the idea separatists would be happy with Brexit retaining single market access.Another "fundamental change" will pop up asap.

People who want independence want independence shock.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

People who want independence want independence shock.

I'll take it regardless of the implications, after independence we can make decisions that mitigate supposed problems that may or may not arise, once brexit kicks in a lot of NO's arguments will disappear as we'll already be living the worst case scenario with a few meagre opportunities thrown in.

The landscape for winning indyref2 will not present itself 'til people are actually living with the consequences of brexit IMHO.

8 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Sure including the third option for further devolution as a result of a No vote, something specifically excluded from the ballot paper made no difference. None at all. 

if i was dishface i'd have done that too becuase it would have won if it was allowed. Scotland wasn't ready for a full breakaway but devo max leaves the door open. anyway. be it football or politics il admit im very much glass half empty, still theres no way I can see us winning this, either brexit is a huge disaster which proves the scaremongering right and will make people think the same or worse will happen if we leave the uk. OR brexit works well or even just ok. whilst proving that the scare mongering is bullshit it will make enough people think that the uk isn't so terrible and they will just stick with it rather than risk any potential turmoil.

hope im wrong . honestly. just think if they try it again soon we wont get over 50% and then its truly fucked

Just now, effeffsee_the2nd said:

if i was dishface i'd have done that too becuase it would have won if it was allowed. Scotland wasn't ready for a full breakaway but devo max leaves the door open. anyway. be it football or politics il admit im very much glass half empty, still theres no way I can see us winning this, either brexit is a huge disaster which proves the scaremongering right and will make people think the same or worse will happen if we leave the uk. OR brexit works well or even just ok. whilst proving that the scare mongering is bullshit it will make enough people think that the uk isn't so terrible and they will just stick with it rather than risk any potential turmoil.

hope im wrong . honestly. just think if they try it again soon we wont get over 50% and then its truly fucked

Chin up lad, it's happening. The Union is a laughing stock and the government are a cart-wheeling shambles. If we call it we'll win. 

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Indyref2 is 22,March 2018.

Bookmark it

#ITK

I know you're taking the piss, but do people seriously agitating for early 2018 really not think it's far too soon? Call it when the polls start to shift significantly as Brexit details become clearer; if you rush in and lose it's done for decades.

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I know you're taking the piss, but do people seriously agitating for early 2018 really not think it's far too soon? Call it when the polls start to shift significantly as Brexit details become clearer; if you rush in and lose it's done for decades.

If we call it after Brexit we could be in such economic dire straits that we can't get in to the EU.

8 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

If we call it after Brexit we could be in such economic dire straits that we can't get in to the EU.

If we call it before Brexit we've every chance of losing, the shitebag sheep won't jump until they're getting their arses kicked up and down the street.

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

If we call it before Brexit we've every chance of losing, the shitebag sheep won't jump until they're getting their arses kicked up and down the street.

On the other hand we can present it as the less uncertain choice, continued membership of EU, etc.  Sheep like that sort of thing, right?

16 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

The deficit at the moment would prevent us getting in.  If brexit makes this worse then the last thing on people's minds will be independence.