When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Just reading about how a long lost German U Boat has been discovered off the coast of Stranraer. Pretty amazing.

However in the article I read this:

50fda1a4ee9aebb99194628674e38bb0.jpg

Should we be angry at this? I feel angry. DAY TOOK AR POWER. Seriously though, what does Scotland get out of sending our renewable energy to England and Wales?

Does the wind blowing through Scotland and the sun shining on Scotland belongs to Scotland?  Perhaps it is in the economic interests of those that have invested to capture this energy to transmit it to England.  I have absolutely no issue with this IF it is transmitted at the cost of the consumer rather than the producer.  This is one instance where the structure of the UK energy market (a political construct) is quite clearly to our detriment.

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Yip, independent we'd be selling them electricity and water,  instead of paying to give them it.

An independent Scotland will not generate electricity, the companies that currently do so will not suddenly become state owned through independence.  Therefore the "we" in this instance would not be the Scottish people but the power companies shareholders.

I hear the chair of the group /commission responsible for the vote to set Holyrood up is talking about a 55% threshold to win Indie ref 2. Those old enough will rember the 40% rule . That went well.

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

And pay tax to the Scottish government,  water we do own and currently give away.   

Scottish Water is currently a publicly owned company answerable to the Scottish Parliament.  If is is currently giving away water then take it up with your MSP.

6 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Scottish water operates domestically providing water to homes and businesses in Scotland,  completely separate to the enormous amounts of water given to England.  You're a troll.

And you are batshit mental. 

What enormous amounts of water are given to England?  The only plan that was put forward previously was:

1. Never implemented and ;
2. Supported by the Scottish Government.

Water is trucked south all the time,  the Scottish government expressed support for selling it I read that article at the time, export does not mean give away.  Which doesn't take away from the fact if independent could make lot for money selling water to England given we have a surplus and they don't have enough. 

Water is trucked south all the time,  the Scottish government expressed support for selling it I read that article at the time, export does not mean give away.  Which doesn't take away from the fact if independent could make lot for money selling water to England given we have a surplus and they don't have enough. 

A consequence of Hard Water Brexit?

Is this how bigots Joke?   Them marches must be a scream

Lighten up ya bam.

Did you know that when the BSE crisis hit, the process of safe leucodepletion came into question and severely hit stocks in blood banks down south. In addition to the USA supplying stocks of blood plasma, the Scottish Blood Service were most helpful in ensuring vital stocks (particularly of O-Negative blood) were maintained in England. How about that!? Scottish Blood going to the English, I hope we charged them a f*ckin premium for it!!