When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Ok no probs, but I could not find the link.

It is a nonsense claim though.

At current estimates the companies are liable for 53 billion of the cleanup cost. The tax payer will pay out an estimated 24 billion in tax relief. The cleanup and therefore tax relief is likely to be spread over 50 years. 50 years!!

It don't take too much calculating to work out that the ongoing North sea production during that period, along with the jobs, infrastructure and supply chain, is going to produce many times more tax revenue than the decommission cost to the taxpayer.

Plus. There is huge opportunity here to ensure Scottish yards get the business of decommission.

Yes that is pretty much the crux of the article but with a slightly different conclusion in that tax revenue will be overtaken by tax relief.

I agree that all the decommisioning work should end up in Scotland. Apparently there are 5000 wells, 470 platforms and 10,000+ km of pipeline to dlear up......Big Job!

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

One man's opinion, which you can't find.... and you take it as fact. Oh dear. I see it's been branded as rubbish anyway...
Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you the intellect of the Yoon.

I think the i newspaper is reasonably reputable enough to comment on. As for not finding the article...I can, its on the settee about 30cm from where I'm sat. Like I've already said it was in Tuesday's edition of the i paper . Funny how you take the opinion of an anonymous poster's opinion  on here as fact then criticise me.

At least git-intae-them had the decency to ask nicely for a source, which I did my best to provide, and has entered in to a reasonable discourse on the matter....whereas you....................ffs, I pity you your 'intellect'.

I think the i newspaper is reasonably reputable enough to comment on. As for not finding the article...I can, its on the settee about 30cm from where I'm sat. Like I've already said it was in Tuesday's edition of the i paper . Funny how you take the opinion of an anonymous poster's opinion  on here as fact then criticise me.
At least git-intae-them had the decency to ask nicely for a source, which I did my best to provide, and has entered in to a reasonable discourse on the matter....whereas you....................ffs, I pity you your 'intellect'.

I wouldn't lose sleep over me McMinter

40 minutes ago, Col. John Hannibal Smith said:

If a poster makes comments you disagree with, are you thick enough to believe that automatically makes them a troll? Interesting paranoia on here regarding trolls, aliases and the like. 

Fcuk Up Awra. Even the most hardcore Britnats on here like McShitspreader or RedhaunRob at least put across their point across with a little finesse. Your posts are in the eye bleeding bracket.

Senior MEP says an independent Scotland could take the UK's place in the EU - and Nicola Sturgeon could be given extra time to set up a new country

http://www.thenational.scot/news/15020616.Senior_MEP_says_an_independent_Scotland_could_take_the_UK_s_place_in_the_EU___and_Nicola_Sturgeon_could_be_given_extra_time_to_set_up_a_new_country/?ref=twtrec

Cue the yoon fury.

Senior MEP says an independent Scotland could take the UK's place in the EU - and Nicola Sturgeon could be given extra time to set up a new country
http://www.thenational.scot/news/15020616.Senior_MEP_says_an_independent_Scotland_could_take_the_UK_s_place_in_the_EU___and_Nicola_Sturgeon_could_be_given_extra_time_to_set_up_a_new_country/?ref=twtrec

Cue the yoon fury.

Fury? I think the word you are looking for is scorn.

Who is he suggesting that the 'political will exists' amongst? the only people that count are Scottish voters who have rejected independence once and currently don't appear to have an appetite to go through the whole process again in the near future.
Who does he have in mind, Scots who want to replace Westminster with Brussels?
You're excited that a left wing solid pro European council member 'claims' to have popular support across the board and it is reported in 'The National'!? Not clutching at straws at all eh Baxter?

Just now, RedRob72 said:

No, definitely fury.

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

Who is he suggesting that the 'political will exists' amongst? the only people that count are Scottish voters who have rejected independence once and currently don't appear to have an appetite to go through the whole process again in the near future.

The political will exists in the EU parliament.  I didn't think that was a difficult concept to grasp but you live and learn

2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Scots who want to remain in the EU, so 62% wasn't it?

5 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

You're excited that a left wing solid pro European council member 'claims' to have popular support across the board and it is reported in 'The National'!? Not clutching at straws at all eh Baxter?

Maybe despair is a better word than fury.

5 minutes ago, Col. John Hannibal Smith said:

Just read through some of your recent posts. All in the politics section as well. Some serious brain damage there. 

Almost all your posts have been here and you haven't made a single political point. Claiming our First Minister is ugly doesn't count.

12 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

It looks to me that he's been asked a hypothetical question and has answered with his opinion.  I think he's correct to say that if the political will exists then a way would be found, it always does and at times people get too hung up on precedents for other countries and terms of membership.  That's not to say that it would be straight-forward, or quick.  I don't think it would be, but I do think it would happen.  I think that most neutrals would accept that, given the flexibilities afforded to other countries to allow them EU membership, similar arrangements would be sought by both sides for Scotland.

I'm not sure what him being a pro-European left winger has got to do with anything tbh.

Of course it is in the national.  If people want to dismiss any pro-independence story on that basis alone then let's be consistent and do the same for any article from the daily telegraph, express, mail, sun etc....

It verges on the silencing of any dissent to deny one of the only media publications that supports independence, in a sea of opposition, any veracity because of that stance.

Catalonia is expected to hold a referendum on independence in September - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38582121

"Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont set the tone in a New Year message, saying a planned referendum would go ahead by September. That would defy the Spanish government's warning that any vote organised by Catalonia's regional authorities would be illegal.

"If 50% plus one vote 'yes', we will declare independence without hesitation," he said."

What a difference to Sturgeon!

Maybe despair is a better word than fury.

The point he's presumably making is that an independent Scotland would receive favourable backing on individual membership of the EU.

Which means that independence from the UK would need to happen before that consideration yes?

You're right, Scotland voted by a clear margin to remain in the EU on a turnout of 68.4% (lower than both Eng & Wales)

Scotland also voted by a clear margin to remain within the U.K. on a much bigger turnout of 84.6%.

You do see the difference here?

50 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

The point he's presumably making is that an independent Scotland would receive favourable backing on individual membership of the EU.

Which means that independence from the UK would need to happen before that consideration yes?

You're right, Scotland voted by a clear margin to remain in the EU on a turnout of 68.4% (lower than both Eng & Wales)

Scotland also voted by a clear margin to remain within the U.K. on a much bigger turnout of 84.6%.

You do see the difference here?

And since turnout is not taken into account, I'm not sure what your point is. The two desires are incompatible. Scotland voted to remain part of an EU member state, which in a couple of years or so will no longer exist to be a part of.

There is no difference bigot despite your desperation.   We'll be having indyref2 soon and there's nothing you can do about it.

Pipe down sweetpea, you've never once been able to produce anything that proves your continual accusation of religious bigotry, give it a rest, it's fuckin tiresome.

Constantly throwing up the referendum result doesn't work when a central part of the unionist argument was membership of the EU which is in its way to being revoked.

You cannot claim with any certainty how powerful that message was to No voters, in the same way that I cannot claim that No voters knew the risks, given that the EU vote was an existing Government pledge before we went to the polls in Sept 2014.