When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Aye but it's winning it not just holding it.Thats the fun bit and why Nicola talks a good game but feart to walk the walk.Cluck cluck..

We have time, demographics and competent politicians on our side. Yous have fear, auld folk and Kezia Dugdale. 6% deciding that the UK is fucked is all it takes. Tick Tock.

We have time, demographics and competent politicians on our side. Yous have fear, auld folk and Kezia Dugdale. 6% deciding that the UK is fucked is all it takes. Tick Tock.

You also have complacency on your side.SNP the party that killed independence just imagine if that happened.The strange belief that % only move in one direction is a definite sign of lazy assumption.Keep it up though.

5 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

You also have complacency on your side.SNP the party that killed independence just imagine if that happened.The strange belief that % only move in one direction is a definite sign of lazy assumption.Keep it up though.

I would of course prefer if we could drag the Brexit disaster out a bit. Also by define, the bigger the postponement, the more of the core unionist vote will be gone under.

However by early 2019, it should be perfectly clear the absolute shambles that is Westminster government . Further the yes2 camp, will be able to position for the voice of reason and stability.

Sometime 2019 will do fine. 

The Carslberg scenario for me is a hard Brexit for Britain, seperate deal for Scotland and a gradual move towards Independence over say a decade. I'm under no illusions that the special deal part of that is an extremely unlikely prospect and the reality of the situation is Sturgeon has a really tough call to make here.

I honestly don't know which way I'd go if it was me. Europe's stated position towards Scotland after March would probably be my yea or nay moment.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

50 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Independence will never die, the genie is out the box for almost half the population. The demographics favour yes, especially when you include EU nationals. Keep up thinking it will never happen though, plays into our hands.

33 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

The Carslberg scenario for me is a hard Brexit for Britain, seperate deal for Scotland and a gradual move towards Independence over say a decade.

Won't happen - and you ken this.  I suspect we won't have a hard Brexit either and I hope we don't.  I also suspect other EU countries...Sweden, Holland, Denmark..will be looking to soften the EU project.  3 years on I se it being more what it was meant to be...a trade agreement.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Won't happen - and you ken this.  I suspect we won't have a hard Brexit either and I hope we don't.  I also suspect other EU countries...Sweden, Holland, Denmark..will be looking to soften the EU project.  3 years on I se it being more what it was meant to be...a trade agreement.

Hard Brexit has to happen now or the tories are out on their arse.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I keep seeing Unionist's saying a hard brexit won't materialise, despite all the evidence pointing to the contrary.

What are you basing this opinion on? A hunch? Or more likely you just don't want to admit that the Union that you hold so dear is pulling Scotland into a dark hole, that we may never get back out of. 

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I suspect the political landscape will look very different in January 2019...both in The UK and with our European pals.

What vacuous nonsense. Care to expand on that at all.

The Tories will still be in power and we will still be led by an ultra right wing UK Government outwith any kind of EU safeguards. You simply seem unable to accept this. It's sad really.

Edited by Londonwell

16 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Would also like to know what you're basing this on.

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

What vacuous nonsense. Care to expand on that at all.

The Tories will still be in power and we will still be led by an ultra right wing UK Government outwith any kind of EU safeguards. You simply seem unable to accept this. It's sad really.

And you had the temerity to call me vacuous?

Aye but it's winning it not just holding it.Thats the fun bit and why Nicola talks a good game but feart to walk the walk.Cluck cluck..

If Sturgeon thinks Theresa May is in a tight corner, she should examine her own position. She's played her hand now, Soft Brexit or we push for a 2nd Ref. I don't think she has any other choice but to pursue that now. It's how long she thinks Indy supporters are prepared to wait and be patient. She's made her stance and can't back down now. Despite her threats, she finds herself in exactly the same situation.
Can't see the UK Government playing ball for another 3 years at least at the earliest.
Would imagine most No & Undecided voters would want to see the full picture with regards to Scotlands future post Brexit (agreements made with the EU) before even considering a 2nd Ref. Will Sturgeon just Steamroll over them? Huge gamble to take!
Moving on, if somehow the UK Gov manages to play this out, at least to a mutually beneficial agreement with Europe, will the majority of Scots be happy to stay put within the Union.
Yes we voted to remain in the EU but even greater numbers voted to remain within the UK.
1.66m to 2.01m votes respectively .

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

If Sturgeon thinks Theresa May is in a tight corner, she should examine her own position. She's played her hand now, Soft Brexit or we push for a 2nd Ref. I don't think she has any other choice but to pursue that now. It's how long she thinks Indy supporters are prepared to wait and be patient. She's made her stance and can't back down now. Despite her threats, she finds herself in exactly the same situation.
Can't see the UK Government playing ball for another 3 years at least at the earliest.
Would imagine most No & Undecided voters would want to see the full picture with regards to Scotlands future post Brexit (agreements made with the EU) before even considering a 2nd Ref. Will Sturgeon just Steamroll over them? Huge gamble to take!
Moving on, if somehow the UK Gov manages to play this out, at least to a mutually beneficial agreement with Europe, will the majority of Scots be happy to stay put within the Union.
Yes we voted to remain in the EU but even greater numbers voted to remain within the UK.
1.66m to 2.01m votes respectively .

fighting talk. :lol:

Just now, Alan Stubbs said:

Would also like to know what you're basing this on.

Nothing tangible. I go in and out of London a couple of times a week and there's a huge number of super-smart "Europeans" supporting our economy and adding grace, charm and good looks to it.  It is inconceivable that this won't continue.

Whatever White Van Man thinks London rules and there is no way any kind of Brexit will stop the free flow of smart people both ways.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

And you had the temerity to call me vacuous?

So you're basing your 'suspicions' on absolutely f**k all then. Thought so.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nothing tangible. I go in and out of London a couple of times a week and there's a huge number of super-smart "Europeans" supporting our economy and adding grace, charm and good looks to it.  It is inconceivable that this won't continue.

Whatever White Van Man thinks London rules and there is no way any kind of Brexit will stop the free flow of smart people both ways.

You've come up with your non-sensical prediction's because you met a few bright EU nationals in London, once. Right...