When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, McSpreader said:

You've fixed nothing.

I've already voted to leave the European Union and I'm happy about that.......very happy.

If I'm to be asked to consider leaving  the Union  Then I want to know the outcome of the Brexit negotiations because if the EU act like a bunch of c***s I definitely will not be voting to rejoin them in an IndyScotland. I'll stick with the UK.

What a load of pish.

If the EU bend over for the UK you'll be harping on about how awesome Britain is and how much weight they have. A good reason for Scotland to stay in the UK.

If the EU go all out hard ass then you'll be harping on about how they're a bunch of c***s. A good reason for Scotland to stay in the UK.

Try living outside Europe for a while and you'll realize just how insignificant our little island has become.

I believe it's going to be a hard Brexit because there's no other way it can go. That's my opinion. Britain has snubbed Europe. I don't think a lot of people, including you, realize just how stupid a decision that was.

34 minutes ago, philyerboots said:

Not looking good for you nippy lemmings :thumsup2

from the local Inverness Courier today.

by0y9.jpg

Poor mans Ayrshire Post.

17 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

Worrying. Especially when Inverness has a population of 5.2 million.

And 6 of whom who probably voted. The people who write to the Courier are invariably right wing loons who don't live anywhere near Inverness.

And 6 of whom who probably voted. The people who write to the Courier are invariably right wing loons who don't live anywhere near Inverness.

The letters to the courier from Yoons are relentless in the Dundee and Angus version. I used to read them for a laugh but after a while I was genuinely quite disturbed.

If 30% of the readership of some shitty local Rag filled with raging old duffers who spend their days moaning about the SNP and dug shite on the pavement support indpenenece, I'm taking that as a very encouraging sign.

34 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

C8PdEPPW0AA9baT.jpg

Just one wee thing here that worried me during the last referendum, and hit the big time during Trump.

Look at the news it's suggesting you to read. Three blogs written by very pro-indy groups, and a newspaper that openly supports independence. Of the four I'd only really call the National a real provider of news. Now I know people normally buy and consume the news they want to read (just look at Nigel Farage with his Daily Express a few days ago), but it's important that people - on both sides - try to look for impartial sources from publishers without an agenda if they really want 'the truth'. European news groups are normally pretty decent for that, when they don't have a readership to lose over here. Failing that read news you disagree with, and debunk it. 

Trump is the perfect example of why we should be careful here. Him and his cult (and lets be fair, they are) only read pro-Trump pages, demonise Obama, Democrats and anybody remotely 'foreign' and cite websites like Breitbart as being fact. He won an election basically based on that, whatever way people vote in the next indy ref (and I suspect a high percentage of the population have already decided) it's crucial that we do it based on facts - so we don't get into a Trump (or even Brexit) scenario. 

Can you tell I've spent the morning struggling through an essay about the ethical role of journalism in our society?!

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

If 30% of the readership of some shitty local Rag filled with raging old duffers who spend their days moaning about the SNP and dug shite on the pavement support indpenenece, I'm taking that as a very encouraging sign.

My dad used to be the editor/proprietor of the Inverness Courier, I'll pass your description of the readership onto him, see if it tallies with his experience :lol: 

Also, The Courier is completely unrelated to the Inverness Courier.  The Courier is a DC Thomson paper and the Inverness Courier is owned by Highland News Group.

Edited by ICTChris

15 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Just one wee thing here that worried me during the last referendum, and hit the big time during Trump.

Look at the news it's suggesting you to read. Three blogs written by very pro-indy groups, and a newspaper that openly supports independence. Of the four I'd only really call the National a real provider of news. Now I know people normally buy and consume the news they want to read (just look at Nigel Farage with his Daily Express a few days ago), but it's important that people - on both sides - try to look for impartial sources from publishers without an agenda if they really want 'the truth'. European news groups are normally pretty decent for that, when they don't have a readership to lose over here. Failing that read news you disagree with, and debunk it. 

Trump is the perfect example of why we should be careful here. Him and his cult (and lets be fair, they are) only read pro-Trump pages, demonise Obama, Democrats and anybody remotely 'foreign' and cite websites like Breitbart as being fact. He won an election basically based on that, whatever way people vote in the next indy ref (and I suspect a high percentage of the population have already decided) it's crucial that we do it based on facts - so we don't get into a Trump (or even Brexit) scenario. 

Can you tell I've spent the morning struggling through an essay about the ethical role of journalism in our society?!

Not that much difference between many online 'papers' and these blogs. Esp Wings which has a higher readership than some Unionist papers and is apparently read by all main journos whatever their views. Given that MSM is owned by right-wing billionaires, looking for 'impartial' sources aint that easy.