When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed not.  My preference lost...which is that The UK continues as part of The EU.  The choice is invidious - Scottish Xenophobes versus English Xenophobes and I detest both.

I probably detest the former slightly less but only by a baw hair.

Which explains why you continue to wish us to be a region of the same state as them.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed not.  My preference lost...which is that The UK continues as part of The EU.  The choice is invidious - Scottish Xenophobes versus English Xenophobes and I detest both.

I probably detest the former slightly less but only by a baw hair.

England has far more history and experience of living with 'johnny foreigner'....and very successfully I must add!

I've lived in England and Wales and you would be shocked at the level of non British residents in most English cities/towns...less so in most of the rural areas.

Scotland is a White Bred, Celtic Utopia by comparison.....that is a genuine observation. Not a criticism, just a fact.

Just now, Antlion said:

Says the man who couldn't manage a night at the pub without rushing home to spread vitriol online.

Usual saturday evening two pinter .....thats plenty thank you. I can make my own call on what I drink , thank you.

No vitriol from me , just plain hard truth that those who bullshit themselves find hard to handle. You won't get me blowing smoke up yer arse, not when you say the things you do

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

Which explains why you continue to wish us to be a region of the same state as them.

"A region of the same state" is language of the mentally impoverished which insults Scots' history.

1 minute ago, McSpreader said:

I've lived in England and Wales and you would be shocked at the level of non British residents in most English cities/towns...less so in most of the rural areas.

High Wycombe (where I live) has a ca. 30% rate of non-Brits and is, generally, a decent place.  I'm not at all shocked and pretty-much everyone rubs along well.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

"A region of the same state" is language of the mentally impoverished which insults Scots' history.

High Wycombe (where I live) has a ca. 30% rate of non-Brits and is, generally, a decent place.  I'm not at all shocked and pretty-much everyone rubs along well.

Being suggested to be "mentally impoverished" by a man who thinks that the country needs the aristocracy to breed pedigree heads of state with a special bloodline is a bit rich.

As for "insulting Scots' history", the Act of Union did a pretty good job of that centuries ago. ;)

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Exactly my point.

Far from being xenophobic the rUK gets along with it's non British born population extremely well. The 'Scottish' narrative that the English /Welsh are nasty , hateful racists is a million miles away from my experience.

IMO If Scotland had the same levels of immigration that England had there would be riots on the streets. I might be right, I might be wrong!

Its a narrative of the Nats the Scottish are more noble and virtuous in their attitude to immigrants.....Yes , when they all live down South. I f*cking doubt it would be the same if Sturgeon gets her way to flood Scotland with foreigners.

3 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Being suggested to be "mentally impoverished" by a man who thinks that the country needs the aristocracy to breed pedigree heads of state with a special bloodline is a bit rich.

As for "insulting Scots' history", the Act of Union did a pretty good job of that centuries ago. ;)

Ive no idea what you are talking about...but I think you are still living in the past!

4 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Exactly my point.

Far from being xenophobic the rUK gets along with it's non British born population extremely well. The 'Scottish' narrative that the English /Welsh are nasty , hateful racists is a million miles away from my experience.

IMO If Scotland had the same levels of immigration that England had there would be riots on the streets. I might be right, I might be wrong!

Its a narrative of the Nats the Scottish are more noble and virtuous in their attitude to immigrants.....Yes , when they all live down South. I f*cking doubt it would be the same if Sturgeon gets her way to flood Scotland with foreigners.

So it's all "foreigners" you hate, not just Europeans. Interesting, yet worrying.

2 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Exactly my point.

Far from being xenophobic the rUK gets along with it's non British born population extremely well.

For the most part.  The disturbing thing is that the parts of England with least immigration were most keen to vote "leave". This annoyed me.

Exactly my point.

No... you'd definitely be wrong. What a thing to say. :lol:

4 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Exactly my point.

Interesting stuff.

What makes you come to this conclusion?

^^^Bigot [emoji6]

BTW did I hear right that wee Nacho is playing for Glentoran?

Aye ya did mate, I still love the wee man though and apparently he's good pals with Healy so we'll let it go that he's turning out at the Oval.

Won't forget his 2004-5 season with us, he was f*ckin magic!!

16 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Won't forget his 2004-5 season with us, he was f*ckin magic!!

The wee man's commitment to us was magnificent and much appreciated by supporters of Scottish football from all sides.  I can't imagine anyone having a bad word to say about him.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The wee man's commitment to us was magnificent and much appreciated by supporters of Scottish football from all sides.  I can't imagine anyone having a bad word to say about him.

Why would anyone other than Rangers fans appreciate Novo playing for Rangers ? Nae bother :lol:

As for your earlier waffling regarding independence supporters being motivated by a hatred of the English.....I expected better from you, you're now slowly but surely creeping into the heehaw, mcspreader bracket like the pished auld fanny that you are ;)

Edited by AUFC90

Why would anyone other than Rangers fans appreciate Novo playing for Rangers ? Nae bother [emoji38]
As for your earlier waffling regarding independence supporters being motivated by a hatred of the English.....I expected better from you, you're now slowly but surely creeping into the heehaw, mcspreader bracket like the pished auld fanny that you are [emoji6]

Just the usual attention-seeking ***nery from The_Alcoholic, especially the anti-English pish. Utter desperation [emoji23]

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

For the most part.  The disturbing thing is that the parts of England with least immigration were most keen to vote "leave". This annoyed me.

Two cents:

1. The relevant stat for what you're getting at is not the total vote, but specifically the ethnic English vote in each area.

2. People who enjoy diversity move to diverse areas. People who do not enjoy diversity might move to more traditionally English areas. That's going to have an affect at the margins.