When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Two cents:
1. The relevant stat for what you're getting at is not the total vote, but specifically the ethnic English vote in each area.
2. People who enjoy diversity move to diverse areas. People who do not enjoy diversity might move to more traditionally English areas. That's going to have an affect at the margins.

Now Now, there is no need to get all sensible on this....
I didn't really mind Nacho Novo tbh.

1 hour ago, Deplorable said:

Two cents:

1. The relevant stat for what you're getting at is not the total vote, but specifically the ethnic English vote in each area.

2. People who enjoy diversity move to diverse areas. People who do not enjoy diversity might move to more traditionally English areas. That's going to have an affect at the margins.

3. The people most frightened of diversity are the ones with little or no experience of it.

Exactly my point.

Far from being xenophobic the rUK gets along with it's non British born population extremely well. The 'Scottish' narrative that the English /Welsh are nasty , hateful racists is a million miles away from my experience.

IMO If Scotland had the same levels of immigration that England had there would be riots on the streets. I might be right, I might be wrong!

Its a narrative of the Nats the Scottish are more noble and virtuous in their attitude to immigrants.....Yes , when they all live down South. I f*cking doubt it would be the same if Sturgeon gets her way to flood Scotland with foreigners.

Some of the most racist parts of England have little immigration in to them.

Ironically, one region that does have a high number of immigrants was also one of the most pro-Remain - London.

18 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Ironically, one region that does have a high number of immigrants was also one of the most pro-Remain - London.

or the those of immigrant decent swayed in favour of remain? probably not tho , londons vote was more likely to do with money.

Riots is probably an overstatement though the way some folk go on about what tiny levels of immigrants we do get (at least compared to down south) if we did get as many as southern England it would get enough folk riled up to at least get a few ukip/bnp msps and councillors voted in.

or the those of immigrant decent swayed in favour of remain? probably not tho , londons vote was more likely to do with money.

Riots is probably an overstatement though the way some folk go on about what tiny levels of immigrants we do get (at least compared to down south) if we did get as many as southern England it would get enough folk riled up to at least get a few ukip/bnp msps and councillors voted in.

Descent you mean?

Illiterate and a supporter of racists?

Shockerooni.

first point fair enough my spelling is shite,

second one  no chance, not racist in the least. simply making an observation , plenty of folk in Scotland go on and on as if we have huge levels of immigration here when we actually have hardly any. imagine what it would be like if we DID have southern English levels of it. personally I couldn't care less if I was the only white man in my street but not everyone would. people who don't have much to say on the topic just now might find they would in that scenario. unless you think we are hugely different to the English ?  I don't think we are if we are being totally ohnest.

22 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Oh please do tell where these awful 'racist' areas are and how you have come to the conclusion they are , in fact, racist........

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

first point fair enough my spelling is shite,

second one  no chance, not racist in the least. simply making an observation , plenty of folk in Scotland go on and on as if we have huge levels of immigration here when we actually have hardly any. imagine what it would be like if we DID have southern English levels of it. personally I couldn't care less if I was the only white man in my street but not everyone would. people who don't have much to say on the topic just now might find they would in that scenario. unless you think we are hugely different to the English ?  I don't think we are if we are being totally ohnest.

I have been in that situation twice,on a bus journey, it was Peckham Rye south London and outside of the shopping centre at Elephant & Castle. It didn't matter to me at the time, or so I thought, and then I realised I was the only white face on the bus or on the street. It then did feel slightly disconcerting. You are right, even at much lower levels than I describe, the majority of Scots would baulk at this. It is at this stage that British multi-cultureism is swamped and breaks down. 

I base my view on the comments from white Londoner's. Which boils down to. It just creeps up on you. You find that you are not in a majority anymore, so you move to where you will be. I don't think Scots are so tolerant, or as pragmatic.

3 minutes ago, hehawhehaw said:

I have been in that situation twice,on a bus journey, it was Peckham Rye south London and outside of the shopping centre at Elephant & Castle. It didn't matter to me at the time, or so I thought, and then I realised I was the only white face on the bus or on the street. It then did feel slightly disconcerting. You are right, even at much lower levels than I describe, the majority of Scots would baulk at this. It is at this stage that British multi-cultureism is swamped and breaks down. 

I base my view on the comments from white Londoner's. Which boils down to. It just creeps up on you. You find that you are not in a majority anymore, so you move to where you will be. I don't think Scots are so tolerant, or as pragmatic.

White flight! 

Ok if you are upper working class or middle class. If you're not you're trapped in an area changing, not naturally, not slowly and progressively but deliberately and cynically, engineered by a politically inspired attempt to force multi-culturalism on the Uk.

Easy to support that from 400 miles away. 

11 minutes ago, hehawhehaw said:

horrifying