When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deep down you obviously utterly loathe people who make a success of themselves in life. What a sad vindictive attitude to have[emoji5]

Deep down, I utterly loathe people who boast about their earnings to try to prove a point about social justice & monetary rewards by posting about how much they earn*

* which at most will amount to a Middle managers wage, which is disappointing given he is at the end of his working life!

This is not a pissing contest.

Sent from a dark, dank hellhole.

8 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar said:

Deep down you obviously utterly loathe people who make a success of themselves in life. What a sad vindictive attitude to haveemoji5.png

Not at all. I don't mind admitting I find braggards like oaksoft (whether they're actually successful or otherwise) pretty loathsome but I'm pretty sure everyone does.

I assume this is your way of trying to suggest you're one of the 'successful' bunch you think I loathe?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Excellent. Just what I was hoping to hear.

I look forward to many years of fruitful interaction with you assuming my arthritic old fingers can cope with the effort of typing at this new fangled keyboard doodah. What was wrong with a good old fashioned typewriter and a postcard? Right I am away for my milky drink and afternoon nap. Hopefully I can get to 4pm without soiling the bed again. Then I have to get up and tend to those quantum mechanical calculations which I kicked off this morning for one of my clients.

Image result for cheryl cole gif

When things go well they take the credit. When they do badly they attribute blame elsewhere.

This is actually my main argument for independence. We currently have 2 elections: 1 for the overall government that has the most power that we have limited (or zero, depending on your outlook) say in who actually wins the election. The other has limited power but we do elect the government ourselves.

So even if we don't like what is happening with the UK government there's pretty much f**k all we can do about it. Not only that but the government we can vote for can just blame everything on the government of the UK. Why not just vote for one government, stop the blame games and give the Scottish electorate the authority to hold whoever is in charge accountable for everything?

This is actually my main argument for independence. We currently have 2 elections: 1 for the overall government that has the most power that we have limited (or zero, depending on your outlook) say in who actually wins the election. The other has limited power but we do elect the government ourselves.

So even if we don't like what is happening with the UK government there's pretty much f**k all we can do about it. Not only that but the government we can vote for can just blame everything on the government of the UK. Why not just vote for one government, stop the blame games and give the Scottish electorate the authority to hold whoever is in charge accountable for everything?

That makes far far far too much sense. Won't go down well.

58 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Bollox. Who is filling your skull with that pish?

If you dont like receiving, dont give it out.

That what most men are taught when growing up.

Well it's just simple reason isn't it? Bragging is usually the result of insecurity about other things.

What exactly do you imagine I've been "receiving" from you? You act like an absolute cretin on here and I'm calling you out on it, that's all.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Jealousy number two.

Blimey I appear to have poked a bear.

What do you think I have to be jealous of you over and why are you so desperate to imagine people are jealous of you?

I can only form an opinion of you by what you post on here and however much money you might have, I imagine you as a fairly sad and insecure figure. I seriously doubt I'd trade places with you, given the chance.

Not at all. I don't mind admitting I find braggards like oaksoft (whether they're actually successful or otherwise) pretty loathsome but I'm pretty sure everyone does.

I assume this is your way of trying to suggest you're one of the 'successful' bunch you think I loathe?

No, certainly not. I'm pretty disappointed in the way my life has worked out financially, But that's how life works.it certainly never comes down to "generation" it's about the person.

27 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

No, certainly not. I'm pretty disappointed in the way my life has worked out financially, But that's how life works.it certainly never comes down to "generation" it's about the person.

My post was directed at highlandmagyar.

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

When you can write a board support package from scratch for a dozen different processors come back and we can chat.

That's cute. Did your grandson type that for you? Tell him he's welcome to have a chat with me on here once he progresses beyond writing several lines of code.

The" young people are smart because they agree with me and old people are thick because they disagree" patter is a bit simplistic is it not ? I mean young people fall off hotel balconies in Spain on a regular basis and old people seem to have more "wisdom" and negotiate holidays without death from great heights.However i wouldn't dream of extrapolating that to claim old people were therefore more intelligent. Similarly understanding computer code etc is a bit of a narrow basis to claim superiority and a bummer for a pub conversation even.I actually had one of the first pocket calculators,a Sinclair job you had to solder yourself before amazing your elders.I was so far ahead of the game i really was.Look at me now though fuckin nowhere.Look and learn Grasshopper...

14 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

The" young people are smart because they agree with me and old people are thick because they disagree" patter is a bit simplistic is it not ? I mean young people fall off hotel balconies in Spain on a regular basis and old people seem to have more "wisdom" and negotiate holidays without death from great heights.However i wouldn't dream of extrapolating that to claim old people were therefore more intelligent. Similarly understanding computer code etc is a bit of a narrow basis to claim superiority and a bummer for a pub conversation even.I actually had one of the first pocket calculators,a Sinclair job you had to solder yourself before amazing your elders.I was so far ahead of the game i really was.Look at me now though fuckin nowhere.Look and learn Grasshopper...

It is simplistic but you'll find exactly the same type of stuff directed the other way about 'wisdom', 'experience' etc. The flow is just more noticeable in one direction because of the demographics of this site.

The dynamics between younger and older generations will always be the same in a lot of ways. You'll find similar complaints and gripes flying either way in every era in every part of the world. Today's older generation will have said the same things when they were younger and today's younger generation will face the same criticisms in a few decades time. It's a natural thing to ignore the failings of 'your' side and focus a bit too much on the good parts. Take Brexit, yep the older generations pushed through the Leave vote but if the younger folk had bothered to get off their arses and actually vote, Remain would have won.