When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 01/04/2017 at 09:16, mjw said:

If ever there was a disgusting line that summed up a poster,this is yours.

You silly person. The point of that particular line was to highlight and exagerate the complete stupidty and ignorance of folk like yourself who thinks you have a common political belief or identity because of where you were born. A shared social and cultural identity perhaps.....but political ? That's just silly, silly ,silly. You silly person.

And then to say that 'sums up me as a poster'......Sorry but that's just silly. You silly person.

On 01/04/2017 at 09:35, Hillonearth said:

They seem to be in a different headspace than we are - I work beside a Welsh lassie and after the referendum 2.0 vote we got talking about potential independence, but when I said it might be them asking for it next, it was interesting that she trotted out the same "oh, we're too small to be independent" initial arguments that have been fed to us. When I mentioned Wales has the same population as say, Slovenia, it was clear the concept had never really crossed her mind before in any meaningful way.

I reckon their issue is they've been thoroughly absorbed into Greater England a lot longer than us - Owain Glyndwr's revolt in 1400-odd was their last real bid for independence, whereas out of our 300 years as part of the UK, we kicked back against it for the first 30-40 years and have been kicking back once more at least since the early 70s.

The Welsh are the salt of the earth.....good people !

On 01/04/2017 at 08:26, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Harsh

But fair

Fair.......How?

Explain yourself, mon. Justify that statement ! Or do you wish t join the long list of p&b posters who throw out accusations without any evidence or justification. I have posted nearly1200 times on p&b so there must be a wealth of anti-Asian comments from me.

Probably loads of anti-West Indian , Arab and African comments as well..........Shouldn't take you long to find some !

13 hours ago, theragger said:

The hospitality industry should maybe then get their arse in gear and pay reasonable wages for reasonable hours and stop whining about how they have to rely on foreign staff because Britons won't work for pennies with shitty work conditions.

Agree...........possibly the most exploitative industry in the UK.

You silly person. The point of that particular line was to highlight and exagerate the complete stupidty and ignorance of folk like yourself who thinks you have a common political belief or identity because of where you were born. A shared social and cultural identity perhaps.....but political ? That's just silly, silly ,silly. You silly person.
And then to say that 'sums up me as a poster'......Sorry but that's just silly. You silly person.

Word salad.

On 01/04/2017 at 09:35, Hillonearth said:

They seem to be in a different headspace than we are - I work beside a Welsh lassie and after the referendum 2.0 vote we got talking about potential independence, but when I said it might be them asking for it next, it was interesting that she trotted out the same "oh, we're too small to be independent" initial arguments that have been fed to us. When I mentioned Wales has the same population as say, Slovenia, it was clear the concept had never really crossed her mind before in any meaningful way.

I reckon their issue is they've been thoroughly absorbed into Greater England a lot longer than us - Owain Glyndwr's revolt in 1400-odd was their last real bid for independence, whereas out of our 300 years as part of the UK, we kicked back against it for the first 30-40 years and have been kicking back once more at least since the early 70s.

Wales have been absolutely gutted by England. I know a few Welsh boys and they fucking hate England but they acknowledge where they grew up has been ruined by deindustrialisation. 

6 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

What about the NHS?

It will totally collapse without foreign staff.

Shameful state of affairs  that we have got ourselves in to.

140,000 EU citizens work in the NHS. Did someone not stop to think , say when we were up to about 20,000 or so that this is a silly situation we are getting ourselves in to? Poor,poor management by NHS administrators.

Time to change tack.

5 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

140,000 EU citizens work in the NHS. Did someone not stop to think , say when we were up to about 20,000 or so that this is a silly situation we are getting ourselves in to? Poor,poor management by NHS administrators.

Time to change tack.

You really have no idea how complex NHS manpower planning is. Do you?

Especially when set against a background of ( Mostly ) declining budgets in real terms since the 1970's

7 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Time to change tack.

What is shameful about this? What should we change tack to? 

He has a point tbf.

You and your ilk are absolute vermin.

Aye he just wandered on to our television's and started spouting pish.
Then whoever does call the shots was happy for him to go on another news programme and repeat it.

Nothing to see here though.