When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This.
Compared to what the SNP did in 2015. Corbyn did fuk all

I see your raging at the advance of the Left in 2017.I have a mate who said he was voting SNP because Labour had moved Right and he would return if it rediscovered its roots.It did and he voted SNP because it was bollocks and he is a "kiddy on" left winger like a fair few Scots.Now he says he will vote Labour next time.Like most sheep he has become confused at the advance of the Left and worried he will be in the "losing" flock next time.That is something the SNP need to worry about.Perception is everything in politics and once you are seen as in decline people feel free to move on.

Becoming more apparent that people on here are hoping Corbyn can't win an election rather than any genuine belief that he can't. If Corbyn couldn't beat an awful Tory campaign in 7 weeks then it's worth pointing out that the Yes campaign couldn't beat a fucking awful Better Together campaign in 2 years.

The Better Together campaign was atleast 47783688248924 times better than Theresa Mays. Atleast.

Yep perhaps uncharted waters for TM, but it's up to her to lead this change, she has no other choice.
Not sure where the racist jibe comes from, but if that's your chat....

Her Home Office policies whether it was the targeted deportations of LGBT asylum seekers to countries where they faced imprisonment or death, the state sanctioned abuse of asylum seeking women at Yarl's Wood, the vans that drove through areas of high migration telling people to "go home" and the murmurings that May alone put the blockers on Tory guarantees of EU nationals right to stay isn't just a "jibe". And it isn't up to Theresa May to lead us through Brexit. She's running a sham government without the mandate of the people that she opportunistically called an election to acquire and as a supposed Labour man your acquiescence to the Tories is embarrassing.

The Better Together campaign was atleast 47783688248924 times better than Theresa Mays. Atleast.

It wasn't though. It had resorted to Jim Murphy on a crate and the Russians landing on our airfields. I think there's more parallels between the good guys campaigns than people are willing to acknowledge and that's down to their constitutional leanings. I've said before I'll vote for independence every time it comes up but this intellectual dishonesty is telling IMO that SNP supporters are a bit feart.

I see your raging at the advance of the Left in 2017.I have a mate who said he was voting SNP because Labour had moved Right and he would return if it rediscovered its roots.It did and he voted SNP because it was bollocks and he is a "kiddy on" left winger like a fair few Scots.Now he says he will vote Labour next time.Like most sheep he has become confused at the advance of the Left and worried he will be in the "losing" flock next time.That is something the SNP need to worry about.Perception is everything in politics and once you are seen as in decline people feel free to move on.

You should really look at the Scottish voting patterns

Her Home Office policies whether it was the targeted deportations of LGBT asylum seekers to countries where they faced imprisonment or death, the state sanctioned abuse of asylum seeking women at Yarl's Wood, the vans that drove through areas of high migration telling people to "go home" and the murmurings that May alone put the blockers on Tory guarantees of EU nationals right to stay isn't just a "jibe". And it isn't up to Theresa May to lead us through Brexit. She's running a sham government without the mandate of the people that she opportunistically called an election to acquire and as a supposed Labour man your acquiescence to the Tories is embarrassing.

Sorry pal, I think you're confusing me with someone else. The Tories took more seats than Labour, the Lib Dems and the SNP combined, despite losing their majority. With the support of the DUP (something that the Labour Party had also previously courted), she is still able to form a government. Like it or not it gives her a perfectly legal and proprietary mandate to Govern and lead the UK through the Brexit process.
I voted to remain last June btw, my hope is that however difficult it may prove to achieve, that political representatives from all sides can work together to make the best of a democratic decision to leave. A continuation of the current partisan shit storm at Westminster isn't to the benefit of anyone residing in the UK.

Sorry pal, I think you're confusing me with someone else. The Tories took more seats than Labour, the Lib Dems and the SNP combined, despite losing their majority. With the support of the DUP (something that the Labour Party had also previously courted), she is still able to form a government. Like it or not it gives her a perfectly legal and proprietary mandate to Govern and lead the UK through the Brexit process.
I voted to remain last June btw, my hope is that however difficult it may prove to achieve, that political representatives from all sides can work together to make the best of a democratic decision to leave. A continuation of the current partisan shit storm at Westminster isn't to the benefit of anyone residing in the UK.

Unless they are residing at 10 Downing Street.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Interesting post.

She may have a 'legal' mandate, but there is a huge case for suggesting that she has no moral mandate to push through the type of Brexit that she, many Tories, and her friends of the media would seem to prefer.

And on the same subject, let's be absolutely clear that the 'current partisan shit storm' was purely, utterly and completely of the Tories own making.

It was Cameron's fear of UKIP that drove us into having a completely unnecessary referendum. It's hard-liners in the Tory party and their friends in the right-wing media who have split the country and completely alienated almost 50% of voters. It's Tory arrogance and bluster that is making us few friends in Europe. It's Tory incompetence that is driving down the value of the Pound and slowing economic growth. And it was Tory greed, avarice and arrogance that put the country through another (completely unnecessary) General Election and which has saw Westminster as divided and as at odds as the country as a whole.

And now because of that, the country is controlled by a handful of stone-age, sectarian bigots who are being paid handfuls of gold to prop up a failed, incompetent Tory leadership.

Everything...Every. Single. Thing...the Tories have done over the last few years has turned into a world class clusterf*ck, and has dragged the UK into its worst constitutional crisis since the second world war.

Future generations will pay a heavy price for the arrogance and incompetence of today's Tory party. And yet, people still somehow find excuses for them.

As Oscar Wilde once famously said...'well. F*ck me'.

Unless they are residing at 10 Downing Street.

She could just as easily have sacked it DM with a simple justification of losing her majority. She may well have taken some stick from her opponents and political commentators, but I doubt anyone would question or challenge a decision to pack her bags.
Believe that thankfully she is made of sterner stuff than her predecessor.

38 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It wasn't though. It had resorted to Jim Murphy on a crate and the Russians landing on our airfields. I think there's more parallels between the good guys campaigns than people are willing to acknowledge and that's down to their constitutional leanings. I've said before I'll vote for independence every time it comes up but this intellectual dishonesty is telling IMO that SNP supporters are a bit feart.

If you're stupid enough to vote for Labour in Scotland then you've got a brass neck challenging anyone else on intellectual issues.

Also Theresa May's electoral campaign was one of the worst in living memory. The 2014 No campaign was pretty dreadful but nowhere near as bad- that is quite obvious.

She could just as easily have sacked it DM with a simple justification of losing her majority. She may well have taken some stick from her opponents and political commentators, but I doubt anyone would question or challenge a decision to pack her bags.
Believe that thankfully she is made of sterner stuff than her predecessor.

I believe she's been told she can resign only when the Tory party tell her she can resign. Until then she benefits almost as much as the DUP.

Interesting post.

She may have a 'legal' mandate, but there is a huge case for suggesting that she has no moral mandate to push through the type of Brexit that she, many Tories, and her friends of the media would seem to prefer.

And on the same subject, let's be absolutely clear that the 'current partisan shit storm' was purely, utterly and completely of the Tories own making.

It was Cameron's fear of UKIP that drove us into having a completely unnecessary referendum. It's hard-liners in the Tory party and their friends in the right-wing media who have split the country and completely alienated almost 50% of voters. It's Tory arrogance and bluster that is making us few friends in Europe. It's Tory incompetence that is driving down the value of the Pound and slowing economic growth. And it was Tory greed, avarice and arrogance that put the country through another (completely unnecessary) General Election and which has saw Westminster as divided and as at odds as the country as a whole.

And now because of that, the country is controlled by a handful of stone-age, sectarian bigots who are being paid handfuls of gold to prop up a failed, incompetent Tory leadership.

Everything...Every. Single. Thing...the Tories have done over the last few years has turned into a world class clusterf*ck, and has dragged the UK into its worst constitutional crisis since the second world war.

Future generations will pay a heavy price for the arrogance and incompetence of today's Tory party. And yet, people still somehow find excuses for them.

As Oscar Wilde once famously said...'well. F*ck me'.

Agree with much of that, but I think you can go further back to David Cameron's bid for leadership of the Tories in 2005, won on a promise to the backbenchers in opposition at the time that he would deliver an EU referendum. Nigel Farage didn't become leader of UKIP until a year later, when their political momentum really started to gather pace.

And I voted for Corbyn's leadership in this election, not Scottish Labour. As Paul Sweeney has been consistently told since about 4am of the night of the election and as he'll be hearing for the remainder for this parliamentary term. The SNP, and Anne, did zilch to earn a vote in Glasgow North East and lost as a result.

I believe she's been told she can resign only when the Tory party tell her she can resign. Until then she benefits almost as much as the DUP.

To be replaced by who? The ghostlike Phillip Hammond, calamitous Boris or an exhausted David Davies?

Amber Rudd or Wee Ruthie perhaps!?[emoji6]