When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'm interested to read more about McSpreader's struggle to find someone who would deliver his vision. One nation and one people, surely, but what comes next?

One Nation , One Union, Many Peoples. Diversity and Inclusiveness guaranteed. 

14 hours ago, philyerboots said:

We see you

29mrw1v.png

Jesus.  Fucking. Christ.

11 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Didn't happen, lol!

At least you didn't ask me to kill myself for a change......I think you're starting to like me x

End it.  End it now.

Nic's got something to say:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40415457

Beep, beep...reversing.

Myself and many others have looked for it in 2022/23. Quoted it many times on this site. Great that oor Nic is listening.
Shameful by Fluffy and Davidson re. their radio silence on DUP deal. Utterly shameful

Then how do you expect to win? The posture she should take is that it's still on the table beccause May might still do something completely mental on Brexit, but we will only pull the trigger if Yes is over 55% in the opinion polls for six months. Keeps the crazies on board, while avoiding a fiasco on a second referendum that would kill the issue for a generation, so they can wait until conditions are actually ripe for it.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

32 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Then how do you expect to win? The posture she should take is that it's still on the table beccause May might still do something completely mental on Brexit, but we will only pull the trigger if Yes is over 55% in the opinion polls for six months. Keeps the crazies on board, while avoiding a fiasco on a second referendum that would kill the issue for a generation, so they can wait until conditions are actually ripe for it.

It could be a generation before we ever get a majority in a parliament that wasn't designed to give majorities. We may not get this chance again...

50 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

HAS to be in this Holyrood parliament term. I'm not confident of a majority in the next one

Rushing it incase of losing a majority would be a mistake. The chance might pass, but it'd mean nothing if it got called before time, and it was lost.

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 08:49, John Lambies Doos said:

Utter nonsense BB. Expected more from you. I've clearly stated numerous times.. at least 2021/22

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Myself and many others have looked for it in 2022/23. Quoted it many times on this site. Great that oor Nic is listening.
Shameful by Fluffy and Davidson re. their radio silence on DUP deal. Utterly shameful

Pushing it.   As has been said if she doesn't have it before 2021 she's putting all her eggs in getting a pro indy majority in Holyrood that year.

If she doesn't get that surely her time as SNP leader will come to an end.

48 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

It could be a generation before we ever get a majority in a parliament that wasn't designed to give majorities. We may not get this chance again...

Why does there have to be a majority? Wendy Alexander wanted a minority administration to "bring it on".

Fear of support for independence dropping isn't a great basis for rushing into an independence referendum. The approach should be to build support gradually until the result is a near formality, as was the case between 1979 and 1997.

Just now, Lex said:

Pushing it.   As has been said if she doesn't have it before 2021 she's putting all her eggs in getting a pro indy majority in Holyrood that year.

If she doesn't get that surely her time as SNP leader will come to an end.

The last part would be correct.

I'd still much rather see us hold off. I want the referendum held when there's more than a realistic chance of a win. Holding it early just to make sure it's done before the indy movement lose a majority would be selfish.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 13:45, John Lambies Doos said:

Yes would win a referendum in 2018 at canter.
Yes movement starting 15 points above than last time plus repeat unionist shite won't be tolerated.
Call it Nic

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Image result for slow nod gif