When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The transphobian question:
DGIn6ZeXkAQoAcj.jpg

Plenty of gay people are transphobic, you'd know this if you spent literally any time at looking at the LGBT movement.

He's perfectly entitled to argue against gender being a spectrum and that a person's reproductive equipment defines their gender but that's literally the argument of a transphobe and if a duck quacks then...

There's nothing hypocritical about calling these views transphobic. If Wings wants to publicly share views that are used to exclude trans people from the spaces they're entitled to be in and deny them the vital support they need to live then he can live with being called a transphobe.

And I'm on the side of censorship over people's right to a public platform to repeatedly share oppressive views cause I'm not the alt-right but then that isn't even the argument here.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

He's perfectly entitled to argue against gender being a spectrum and that a person's reproductive equipment defines their gender but that's literally the argument of a transphobe and if a duck quacks then...

He's done no such thing,  you're getting gender mixed up with sex.

"If he believes that the physiological reproductive equipment that a person is born with is a defining characteristic of that person's gender". 

That doesn't mean there are only two genders or what gender you're born with is the one you're stuck with forever, what's your point? 

7 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

That doesn't mean there are only two genders or what gender you're born with is the one you're stuck with forever, what's your point? 

Right. Except that isn't what's being said in the thing you've posted and it wasn't what Wings argued either. I'm gonna let this go cause you either don't get it or you're being deliberately wide and neither's worth the bother. :lol:

Right. Except that isn't what's being said in the thing you've posted and it wasn't what Wings argued either. I'm gonna let this go cause you either don't get it or you're being deliberately wide and neither's worth the bother. :lol:

Yeah except you posted:

He's perfectly entitled to argue against gender being a spectrum

And that's not what is in the article I posted, which would be my point. I'm saying he's done no such thing.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/holyrood/1300893/scots-universities-sold-short-plied-money-save-union/
Scots universities ‘sold short’ after being plied with money ‘to save the union’
It's all coming out in the wash now.

The common man or woman does not read this publication. Are the BBC running with this story?

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/holyrood/1300893/scots-universities-sold-short-plied-money-save-union/

Scots universities ‘sold short’ after being plied with money ‘to save the union’

It's all coming out in the wash now.

Bit of a non story tbf.

But an EPSRC spokesman insisted funds were not allocated by the government. He said: “Research grant funding is awarded on a competitive basis, using independent expert peer review, and the pattern of our expenditure is based on this outcome."

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

It's a government agency, it does what the government tells them.  Unless you have evidence to the contrary.

I refer you to the quote above. Why do you assume he's lying.