When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

If that were the case then why did the Tories lose their majority at Westminster? Are the backwoodsmen the majority?

Ask John Curtice and yes, but only for a short period of time.

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

There are definitely unionists who welcome bad news for Scotland.
It reaffirms their view that we just couldn't manage on our own.
It's not just in the media,
I know people who were raging that a 2billion barrels oil field was found recently.

Conservationists were a bit miffed I imagine.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lex said:

Most would like indyref2 once we have an idea of what the deal is with Brexit rather than tomorrow.

Any idea what was the question that was asked?  

11 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Most would like indyref2 once we have an idea of what the deal is with Brexit rather than tomorrow.

Any idea what was the question that was asked?  

If Referendum held tomorrow. (Poll conducted in June)  

Edited by Antiochas III

I don't know how others feel but I just get the sense that the appetite for another referendum just isn't there. I don't know many people who have changed their mind either way, but it feels like the 'soft' yes voters don't feel particularly urgent in their desire for another referendum. That seemed to be shown by the lack of enthusiasm when Sturgeon suggested they were planning another one. The strongly pro-Indy group seemed enthused but no one else did. The sense I got was that after the Brexit vote the SNP leadership just assumed this would translate into support for Indy, and they didn't have to do very much to convince people, now that hasn't happened it feels like they are a bit bereft of ideas and are just hoping that Brexit is such a disaster it will push people towards Indy, but I currently can't see that happening.

27 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I don't know how others feel but I just get the sense that the appetite for another referendum just isn't there. I don't know many people who have changed their mind either way, but it feels like the 'soft' yes voters don't feel particularly urgent in their desire for another referendum. That seemed to be shown by the lack of enthusiasm when Sturgeon suggested they were planning another one. The strongly pro-Indy group seemed enthused but no one else did. The sense I got was that after the Brexit vote the SNP leadership just assumed this would translate into support for Indy, and they didn't have to do very much to convince people, now that hasn't happened it feels like they are a bit bereft of ideas and are just hoping that Brexit is such a disaster it will push people towards Indy, but I currently can't see that happening.

My feeling is that politics has turned very dramatic over the past few years and it's just really put off unengaged voters as we just kind of stumble from one disaster to another. I would also say that the last election played as a defeat for the SNP and struck a bit of fear into the support as it showed that the anti SNP vote was capable of holding back the tide and consolidating against them.

Somewhere in the public consciousness (at least in Scotland I think) also lies boredom at Holyrood. It's not fair or right but once you reach ten years in government, the voters want something new. Things still seem sustainable as scandal hasn't really hit the administration in any debilitating way and opposition right now is stale but no matter what relaunch or realistic policy the SNP can come out with right now, the public will give an ever decreasing amount of logic towards their views on the party. I don't know how they fix that and kick their movement into life but I think that conditions are probably ripe for Labour to really inflict some damage if they don't make a stupid decision in their leadership contest.

By the sounds of twitter, the agenda launch for 17/18 on Tuesday will be quite radical by their standards and is probably a preemptive strike against a future Labour leader.

Yeah I don't sense the desire is there either. I'd guess it won't come back for another 10+ years either. Once Brexit bites and we've had another market downturn, maybe then. If Sturgeon holds it in the next 4 years it won't win.

10-15 years down the line though, I think it probably will.

There's no appetite for it right now. The outcome of the brexit deal will decide wether surgeon goes for it or not.
If it's a bad deal and fishermen/farmers get screwed over then I can see a referendum around 2020.
It can all change overnight.
I had to laugh at the above poster stating that Labour could do the SNP real damage, that really is wishful thinking. Their support is dropping like a stone and the candidates for the new leader are pathetic.

14 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

I had to laugh at the above poster stating that Labour could do the SNP real damage, that really is wishful thinking. Their support is dropping like a stone and the candidates for the new leader are pathetic.

I'm not saying that they necessarily will but the conditions are very good for them. A popular left leader can gain a lot of ground just because they are new.

I'm not saying that they necessarily will but the conditions are very good for them. A popular left leader can gain a lot of ground just because they are new.

I just can't see it. They didn't pick up the voters that left the SNP. The Tories are now the unionist voice. Politics in Scotland will be fought along constitutional lines for a long time yet imo and Labour will continue to be squeezed out.
They might yet even elect sarwar which would be a disaster for them.

Independence still has Yes support at around 45%.  Who says there is no appetite for it?  With only 5 or 6 percent off the winning line how can anybody be so confident we will lose?

The people are sitting in a bunker of status quo just now. Barring statistical anomalies nothing will really change re. polling until brexit is clear. This suits us in the yes side, as demographics are on our side.
There will be a referendum in 2022/23 which I believe we will win.

The people are sitting in a bunker of status quo just now. Barring statistical anomalies nothing will really change re. polling until brexit is clear. This suits us in the yes side, as demographics are on our side.
There will be a referendum in 2022/23 which I believe we will win.

Presumably believe Santa is real and the moon landings are faked as well.Its deid for a very long time as a topical subject even.Only on forums such as this is it even mentioned.The SNP didn't listen to voters outside their own fan club and have/will now pay a price.The "Only show in town" blew it big style with the deaf ear routine to all but believers.

Presumably believe Santa is real and the moon landings are faked as well.Its deid for a very long time as a topical subject even.Only on forums such as this is it even mentioned.The SNP didn't listen to voters outside their own fan club and have/will now pay a price.The "Only show in town" blew it big style with the deaf ear routine to all but believers.

Utter nonsense. They fulfilled their manifesto commitment which they were elected on. The Unionist parties supported by a partisan media kept the bleating going.
You really think this has gone way; it's merely resting. 2022/23